New Zealand has been ranked among the happiest countries in the world. PR means the permanent residency, and New Zealand earlier offered PR to the students. Nowadays, getting a New Zealand PR is quite difficult due to the increasing population of immigrants. But, there is a way for the students to get the New Zealand PR, and their qualifications benefit them in getting it. After the student visa expires, the student desires for a PR to work in the country.
New Zealand PR Points
PR points are the score obtained by a skilled immigrant, which increases the chances of them to stay in the country. It is a parameter on which the immigration department of New Zealand will decide whether to consider the immigrant/student for a work permit. The work permit allows the graduate to work at least five years in the country. The students must consider New Zealand PR Points important and act accordingly in Universities.
- First, the PR points are obtained through an age limit, which means lesser the age greater the PR points. It simply means the younger employee will give more output.
- Then the student can gain more points if he/she has a close family living in New Zealand already. The student will gain 10 points for this.
- Getting a job offer can boost up the points as the student will gain 50 points if he/she has a job offer in New Zealand.
- If the graduate has already worked for one year in some organization, then 60 PR points will be awarded.
- PR points also depend on the qualifications of the student/immigrant, and one will get the highest 60 points if he/she is pursuing a master’s degree in New Zealand.
New Zealand PR Points Calculator
PR Points Calculator will facilitate the students to calculate their skilled immigrant score. There are a lot of applications available which can do the calculations if the immigrant provides all the data in it. Although one can easily calculate its PR points by knowing the points offered on different parameters. The passing points are considered to be around 160 points, and after that, only the graduate will get the chance to stay and work in New Zealand.
- The student will get 50 points for having a job offer in NZ and 60 if he/she has one year of experience in some organization.
- Points on work experience differ for the immigrants as 30 points are given for ten years of experience and around 10 points for two years of work experience.
- Qualifications also play a big factor as 55 points are awarded to a master’s degree holder from an NZ University.
- Points on age are reversed, i.e., less age will signify high PR points, and high age will signify fewer PR points.
- There are also bonus points available for the students which they can gain.
- The bonus points are for the student/skilled who are skilled and can contribute to the nation.
New Zealand PR Process
Generally, the student goes for the PR Visa once they had completed their graduation or education. The process will include all the steps to obtain a New Zealand PR. The PR process depends on the type of Visa the student aspires. Then students will have to act accordingly as different Visa required different eligibility criteria. Some of the key requirements and the process are mentioned below.
- The Family Category Visa requires proof of relatives living in New Zealand. This will provide 10 points to the student.
- The student’s documents will then be forwarded to the institutions and immigration department of NZ.
- After checking the documents, the student will be may be called for an interview.
- The embassy will then go through every aspect of how the immigrant can provide maximum output to the country.
- Once the student passes all the parameters, he/she will get the PR of NZ.
New Zealand PR Requirements
New Zealand did offer PR easily to the students once, but now it is difficult to get. One can get it if he/she is a student at some university in NZ as it provides a potential advantage. The graduate may have a job offer after the completion of the course, and it will add more points to the PR. Before obtaining points, the immigrant should also fulfill some requirements, which are basic when applying for PR. Some of the basic requirements for applying PR in NZ are:
- The age of an immigrant should be less than 55 years.
- The student/immigrant has good command in the English language, i.e., Reading, writing, and speaking skills.
- The immigrant should be in good health.
- The student/immigrant has a job offer (for a work visa).
- The immigrant has to clarify the intention of staying in the country.
New Zealand PR Visa
New Zealand provides permanent residency options to the students. Although it is difficult, one can apply for it through various other visa programs such as post-study work visa, skilled migrant category resident visa, family category visa, business and investment visa, etc. The students mostly apply for a work visa, which is for the graduates who have a job offer. Some of the PR visas are as follows:
- The work visa is for the graduates who have a job offer that will facilitate them to work at least five years in the country.
- The skilled immigrant category is for talented immigrants who can contribute most to the country.
- The family category visa is for students who have close relatives in New Zealand.
- Business and retiree visa provides a way for PR to the investors who are looking to invest in the country.
- Partner visa provides PR of the country if the partner of the immigrant is already a citizen of NZ.
Applying for a PR Visa of NZ will require the candidate to fulfill some criteria and go through an intensive process. The student can apply for a PR visa if the student possesses a job offer, less than 55 of age, and has a good command over English. The visa process starts from applying to the embassy, and it checks every eligibility criteria provided by the candidates.
- The immigrant will first apply for a PR visa; it may be on-line or off-line.
- The student has to clarify the intentions behind staying in the country.
- An English proficiency score should also be submitted to prove the English command of the candidate.
- The candidates will then produce his/her medical certificates.
- After getting everything right, the candidate will be able to get the PR visa if he/she has a significant PR point.
For the PR visa, the immigrant should have to fulfill some requirements. There are lots of different visas through which the immigrant can gain PR of the nation, but some requirements are quite basic in all of them. The PR Visa is mainly applied by the students who have a job offer and wish to work in the country itself. They apply through the Work visa, and after working for two years, the person gets to apply for the PR Visa.
- The candidate must have some working experience one or two (through a work visa).
- The candidate must have good command in speaking and listening skills of English.
- The candidate must have an age less than 55 years.
- The candidate must have good health while applying.
- The candidate must have a skill certificate (through skilled immigrant category).
New Zealand allows immigrant students to stay in the country after the completion of their course in NZ. There is a lot of Visa options for the students from which they can apply for any. Some of them are:
- The skilled Migrant category resident visa provides stay to the skilled immigrants who can contribute to the country.
- Partner of a New Zealander Resident provide PR to the immigrant if their partner is a citizen of New Zealand.
- The work visa is for students who have a job offer in the country.
- The family visa is for the immigrant who has close relatives in New Zealand.
- The Community Sponsored Refugee Resident Visa provides services in PR to the refugees sponsored by the community in New Zealand.
The students who have completed their graduation and have a job offer from any organization in NZ are eligible for a Work visa. The work visa is a way for the students which they can work at least five years in the country. The immigrant gets an advantage if he/she is a student as there are lots of job opportunities for them after their graduation.
How to get a New Zealand PR
The government of New Zealand blocks all the loopholes in getting the PR easily for the students. Earlier it was an easy task as the student automatically became eligible for the PR. But it is not like next to impossible to get PR in New Zealand. There are ways defined for the students by which they can get the PR. The graduate students seem to fit right for the PR in New Zealand or those who possess a job offer in the country.
- Apply for PR while studying in the last or second last semesters of your course in a recognized university.
- Then state your intentions in staying in NZ clearly because it is important.
- After getting all the things right, the student can submit his points such as job offers, relatives, points, etc.
- The points will add up to ensure every parameter is fulfilled.
- If all the things went right then, the student would get the PR of New Zealand.
New Zealand PR from India
The New Zealand PR process is the same for Indian students also. There is no discrimination based on the country’s background while applying for PR. Most of the students who go from Indian usually opt for a Fee-paying student visa, exchange student visa, foreign government-supported student visa, etc. After the student had completed two years for education in the country, the student might apply for PR. The reasons are mostly for a job in the country.
- The Indian student should apply for the corrected type of PR visa after the course is completed.
- If the student has got a job offer from any company in NZ, then it will provide an advantage.
- Indian students should also ensure to state their reasons for staying in the country well.
- The student should be less than 55 years.
- Most importantly, the Indian student should proof his/her English proficiency skills.
New Zealand PR Eligibility
For being eligible for the New Zealand PR, the student must fulfill some conditions. There is a lot of different visas available in the country that is a way to PR of the nation. The eligibility criteria for a PR in NZ are very crucial, and one should be careful while applying g for it. Some are the most basic ones which are common in every Visa, such as work visa, family visa, skilled immigrant visa, etc. are as follows:
- The student must be of less than 55 years of age.
- The student/immigrant should have a good command over English speaking and listening skills.
- The student can provide a job offer letter.
- The immigrant should clarify the intentions of staying in the country.
- The immigrant should have good character and a good healthy mind.
New Zealand PR Cost
If one is planning for a New Zealand PR, then he/she must know the application costs related to it. There is a department in the Immigration embassy which helps the student to find the right Visa for them. The costs are also mentioned on the website of the embassy, and students can easily access the information. The student can also take help from any migration agents, but that is not compulsory.
- The application costs are around $208NZ for a working holiday visa.
- The application costs for a skilled immigrant resident visa is around $3,165NZ.
- The highest will go for the entrepreneurs and investors who are seeking for PR in NZ.
- The cost of application for the investor or retirees visa can be around $4,750NZ.
- The student can apply for a working visa, which will cost only $200NZ.
New Zealand PR Rules
The permanent residency rules provide many benefits such as living in the nation, working, studying, and travel to and from the country at any time, etc. But the student/migrant should consider the rules strict as the government doesn’t provide PR so quickly. Earlier the population was low, so it was easy to get a PR, but now the huge population has led to strict rules for the immigrants who are applying it.
- The student/immigrant should be of a good character.
- The student/immigrant should have good physical and mental health.
- The immigrant should also clarify the reasons for staying in the country.
- The immigrant should have good command in English listening and speaking skills.
- Adhere to these rules, and you can apply for the PR in NZ.
1. How is New Zealand in terms of staying and working?
Ans. – New Zealand stands among the happiest country and having the most satisfied citizens in the world. It is an excellent experience living there, go for it.
2. I am a student, how much it will cost to apply for a PR?
Ans. – For a student, it may cost up to $208NZ for the work visa, which is a way for PR in NZ.
3. Are there any other options for immigrants to apply for PR?
Ans. – There are a lot of other options such as skilled immigrant visa, family category visa, investor or retiree Visa, etc. These visas are a way to get PR in New Zealand.
4. My English is not good, am I eligible for the PR in NZ?
Ans. – No, you should take classes in English proficiency and then apply for PR; otherwise, your application will be rejected.
5. How much can I work if I have a work visa?
Ans. – You can work at least for five years with a work visa that will act as a PR visa. Once two years are completed, you are eligible for the citizenship of New Zealand.
- New Zealand Student Visa
- New Zealand Student Visa Requirements
- New Zealand Student Visa Process
- New Zealand Student Visa Eligibility & Rules
- New Zealand Student Visa Interview