Source: Aman Dhattarwal
BSc Computer Science Syllabus includes various high-level programming and AI programming as well. The duration of the BSc Computer Science is of three years in which there are six semesters, and every semester has a different programming language and theory attached to it.
Some of the sections below will show the description of computer science syllabus in brief.
BSc Computer Science Course Highlights
BSc Computer Science course provides a huge amount of opportunities for students along with skilled learning.
The several subjects explore a whole technological world from the basics of the computer until the back end programming of a game or a high-end application, etc.
- Students get to explore various programming language
- Each programming questions includes logic and it leads to competitive programming in an individual
- The duration of the course is three years with experiences in various computer-related exams and competitions.
- There is a chance for a student to become a developer in a short period.
- Scoring is an important aspect and the computer science students score well due to their interest in the subject.
- Each day a student gets to learn a new method of coding a program.
- Computer science is a vast subject where an individual can gain a lot of knowledge regarding the subject.
Also Read: BSc IT Syllabus
What is BSc Computer Science?
BSc course stands for Bachelor of Science in Computer Science as it’s an undergraduate program.
It is a degree course of duration about three years where each semester includes different subjects and scoring is quite easy if a student is highly interested in the subject.
This degree course starts with the basics of computers in general and goes up to the point of developing software with various back end tools and coding.
- It’s a degree course of three years.
- The course explores the technological advancements in an individual’s life through the usage of computer
- The fee structure differs from college to college as this course is highly on-demand in the market
- It is a sub-degree of science field and has different subjects and themes in comparison with other science courses and degrees.
Also Read: Diploma in Computer Application
BSc Computer Science Syllabus – Overview
BSc Computer Science syllabus is designed in a way that covers every topic needed in computer applications to make a career in the IT sector.
The process of coding and creating your level of the program through logic makes the course more enhance in every aspect. The syllabus includes important concepts about computer science.
1st Year BSc Computer science syllabus
|C++ programming||The codes are explored in this field|
|Python programming||The language uses several function and libraries to code a program|
|Java programming||Uses logic to create a new program through functions and classes|
2nd Year BSc Computer science syllabus
|Computer networks||The internal association of |
computer and networks through
|Data structures||It includes binary and insertion of numbers and strings|
|Database Management systems||This a part of back end |
programming through SQL
3rd Year BSc Computer science syllabus
|AI programming||The basic idea of artificial intelligence is learned here|
|PHP programming||This is a back end program to connect HTML and SQL languages etc|
|Software coding||This part of the syllabus covers |
coding of software through various applications and logic
Also Read: MS in Computer Science in USA
BSc Computer Science Subjects
BSc Computer Science Subjects are a part of this course with advanced learning skills and it includes several programming languages to enhance the students learning experience and knowledge.
Some of the subject courses are listed below with the required description of it in brief.
1st Year BSc Computer science subjects
|Introduction to Computer||It has various short chapters about the basics and origin of computer|
|Data Structures and |
|The structures in a computer and |
the usage of it in the computer
|Digital Fundamental and |
|The functionality of the computer|
is discussed in this part of the course
|Mathematical foundation of CS||The practical usage of applications to code and create various programs|
2nd Year BSc Computer science subjects
|C++ programming||The programming language to create a base with a level of difficulty|
|Operating system and |
|OS and the power it holds in |
building the system and several coding languages
|Java Programming||It has a practical application Oracle and is an advanced programming |
|Software engineering||The basics and skills required for|
being a software engineer is
3rd Year BSc Computer science subjects
|Computer networks and information security||This is the part of course after learning several programming languages and implementing it to hack, etc.|
|Software testing||Here a developer can create a software along with the testing of it|
|Visual Programming||It has visual codes to put up with |
the logical programming
|Python Programming||It’s a much easier programming language and is used while hacking |
various devices through codes, etc.
BSc Computer Science Books
Students are advised to go through some of the below-mentioned books for clear concept and practical training:
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|Fundamentals of Database Systems||Ramez Elmasri|
|Programming with Java||E. Balagurusamy|
|Data Structures with Java||J. R Hubbard|
|Theory of Computer Science||K. L. P. Mishra and N. Chandrasekaran|
|Programming in Ansi C||E. Balagurusamy|
|Practical Data Acquisition For Instrumentation and Control Systems||John Park and Steve MacKay|
|Mathematical structures for Computer Science||Judith L. Gersting|
|Elements of Discrete Mathematics||Ronald E. Prather|
|E-commerce: Fundamentals and Applications||Henry Chan, Raymond Lee, Elizabeth Chang, Tharam S. Dillon|
Also Read: BCom Computer Science
Key Components of BSc Computer science Syllabus
Key components of BSc Computer Science are like the concepts of computer applications and the need for it in our daily life.
This course is designed for students who are highly interested in the subject and uses logic to code programs.
- This course is designed through every aspect of IT and Software sector.
- It includes developers’ code and logic to create self back end programs for an application or game, etc.
- The syllabus explores every detail of the computer basically to enhance computer science students’ thinking power.
- The syllabus also develops a practical approach in a student’s mind and helps in gaining more knowledge about the subject.
- There are several methods to develop computer skills in students’ minds critically.
- Most of the computer science syllabus has been designed with several classroom lectures and guest lectures with practical lectures as well to enhance students’ knowledge.
- Computer programming is taught to undergraduate students so that they can use it in the real world as well.
- Using a computer as a source of expressing one’s knowledge creates a huge impact on the viewer.
- The syllabus has various professional skills that are required in various IT hubs.
Popular Computer Science Colleges
Popular Computer Science Colleges offer computer science as their main course of study are listed below.
Colleges have different criteria and fees during the time of admission in a computer science course.
As the degree program is popular amongst the student, the admissions are closed early for this course in universities worldwide.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology offers computer science to several students with a fee of more than $ 60000 per year, it offers tuition fees and scholarships to the top students every year.
- Stanford University is popular for its computer science course as the syllabus of the university is set according to the student’s need of knowledge, the fees are approximately $45000 per year.
- The University of California offers computer science as their undergraduate course with a fee of more than $45000 and the admission requirements is strict in the university.
- Princeton University has a peaceful environment and has a fee of about $50000 for the computer science course.
- Harvard University has a different building for all the computers and provides the students with wifi connection separately for the usage of practical and project purposes in the undergraduate computer course, the fee of the course is provided on the website of the university.
- Georgia Institute of Technology is a technological university with a wide range of computer science undergraduate degree students who are seeking their dreams of developing a new application, etc.
- Columbia University offers this course with a fee required of approximately $55000 and it helps students to realize their dream of creating their path in the IT sector.
Also Read: Diploma in Computer Science Engineering
Ans. A student with a minimum of 87% in their maths and computer science subject in class 12th is eligible for this course.
Ans. This course has several perks and gives a good amount of salary after graduating.
Ans. The most known IT sector and software hubs are available for computer science students.
Ans. Students can choose to develop and start their computer business or they have an option to join the IT sector.
Ans. The amount of knowledge in a four year of study is higher than a three-year BSc course, the skills differ minutely.
Ans. The tuition fee is not large for BS computer science course, $45000 approximately for a year with practical labs facility and computer hubs.
Ans. An average of 300000 students each year opt for this course worldwide.