SOURCE: Technical Jobs
Inspire Scholarship 2020
The Inspire Scholarship is a higher education scholarship program by the Government of India. Inspire Scholarship 2019-20 application has been opened on 15 October 2019. The results will be announced by the month of May 2020. Candidates who want to apply for this should follow the eligibility criteria and have to submit the required documents which will be mentioned in the following pages. Inspire 2019-20 provides around INR 80,000 per year for 10,000 students based on eligibility criteria.
Check Out: National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
Inspire Scholarship Overview
Inspire Scholarship, Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research is a new flagship program undertaken by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. Its main aim is to provide scholarships for young students who are at the age of 17-22, applying for higher education such as Bachelors and Masters in Natural and Basic Science. It provides scholarships for up to 5 years or till the completion of the course.
- Inspire scholarships are started to be announced at the mid of October and it remains open till by the month of December.
- Inspire program has 3 components:
- They are Scheme for Early Attraction of Talents (SEATS), Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE), Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AROC).
- Generally, there will be no exams conducted for this scholarship and it is purely for meritorious students.
Check Out: E-District Scholarship
Inspire Scholarship 2020 Cut Off
Every year eligibility cut off for Inspire Scholarship is chosen by the program according to which the students have been selected every year.
- The cut off percentage varies from state to state every year.
- Normally the cut-off percentage ranges between 75-100% for all of the states in India every year.
- The cut off for Inspire 2019-20 will soon be released during the evaluation process.
Check Out: ePASS Karnataka
Inspire Scholarship 2020 Details
Here are some of the important dates for the Inspire Scholarship 2020.
- Commencement of application process- November 1, 2019, 10 AM
- Last date to apply-December 31, 2019, till 5 PM
- Results will be announced on- May 2020
Inspire Scholarship for Higher Education
Candidates can also apply the Inspire Scholarship for their higher studies like M.Sc or MS programs only in the field of Natural and Basic Science. For that, they must have completed their B.Sc or BS in the same field in any of the recognized colleges or universities from India.
Inspire Scholarship 2020 Eligibility
The candidates applying for the Inspire Scholarship 2020 should possess some of the basic and necessary eligibility, without which a candidate cannot appear for the scholarship. The eligibility details for Inspire 2020 are as follows,
- The candidate must have passed 12th class in 2019 from any state board or central board in India.
- The candidates applying scholarships for their master’s degree should be pursuing their bachelor’s degree in a recognized college or university in India, only in the field of Natural and basic science.
- The candidate must be on the top 1% on their Board exams or secured high rank in National Entrance Exam.
- Or the candidate should have achieved a rank within the top 10,000 on JEE Main/Advanced/AIPMT/NEET.
Inspire Scholarship Selection Process
After the last date for the submission of the applications has ended, The Department of Science and Technology (DST), will start selecting the candidates who are all eligible for Inspire Scholarship. After the selection process, an offer letter will be available on the web portal for the selected candidates. There will be also a list of selected and rejected students list sent by the DST.
For any further considerations, the candidates are asked to submit other required documents in the portal.
Check Out: Oasis Scholarship – The Complete Guide
Inspire Scholarship Course List
The students who are applying for this Inspire Scholarship must be in the field of Natural and Basic Science with their respective courses. The courses which are listed by the Inspire Scholarship program 2020 are the following:
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics.
- Statistics, Geology, Astrophysics, Astronomy.
- Courses such as Electronics, Anthropology, Microbiology, Geophysics, Geochemistry
- And other courses like Atmospheric Sciences and Oceanic sciences.
Check Out: eScholarship
Inspire Scholarship Amount Details
Inspire Scholarship provides around a maximum of INR 80,000 per annum till the completion of the course for the students applying for their Bachelors or Masters in the field of Natural and Basic Science such as B.Sc, BS, M.Sc, MS or five years integrated M.Sc or M.S programs.
Each year the candidate will receive an amount of INR 5,000 every month, in total, INR 60,000 in cash. The remaining 20,000 will be provided as the mentorship for the projects which are compulsorily done under a researcher during summer.
Check Out: LIC Scholarship
Inspire Scholarship Documents Required
There are some necessary documents required to be submitted for the application process of the Inspire Scholarship program. The candidates must be aware of the necessary documents before applying for the scholarship. The application must be filled properly and attached properly with the scanned photocopies of the following:
- Passport Sized Photograph
- Community Certificate( Only for the candidates belong to OBC/SC/ST)
- Eligibility Note (Not mandatory, only if provided)
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Mark sheet of JEE( Main or Advanced)/AIPMT/KVPY/JBNSTS/NTSE/ International Olympic Medalists
- Endorsement Form with the signature of the Principal or Director or Registrar of the College or University.
Check Out: Minority Scholarships
Inspire Scholarship Renewal
After applying for the Inspire scholarship for the first time, candidates can also renew the scholarship every year while pursuing the course. The renewal process has some rules and methods to be followed:
- The candidate must perform well in their academics every year for the continuation of the scholarship till the completion of the course.
- It is done by the recommendation by the head of the university/ college.
- This renewal process is purely based on the performance of the candidate every year and will be provided according to that.
Check Out: OBC Scholarship
Inspire Scholarship Application Process
The Inspire Scholarship application process is available online until the end of December. Candidates are asked to fill the application form carefully without any mistakes since modifications cannot be done after the submission of the application. The application can be submitted online and not required to send through the post. The application process includes,
- Online registration for the Inspire 2020
- Necessary documents mentioned earlier along with the application should be uploaded.
- Inspire SHE 2019-20 application form should be filled properly and submitted.
Check Out: Post Matric Scholarship
Ans. Students who have completed their 12th class among the top 1% or who have secured high-rank National entrance exams can apply.
Ans. Around 10,000 scholarships are provided every year.
Ans. The subjects under Natural and Basic Science such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Astrophysics, Astronomy, Electronics, Anthropology, Microbiology, Geophysics, Geochemistry, Atmospheric Sciences, and Oceanic Sciences are eligible.
Ans. Candidates can apply through the online portal of INSPIRE where the application for the scholarship will be found
Ans. All the Inspire Scholars should do a summer project under a researcher. For that INR 20,000 will be provided every year as a mentorship.