Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is provided to uplift the lower stratus of the society who lack educational services benefit for the shortage of finance with their level of education, which is to be adopted. Equality is although a myth, but the legislative and the executive is striving hard to bring inequality, at least in the field of education.
To promote education into the society government more often comes up with schemes and scholarship programs to bridge the gap between economically backward and stabled people. Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is provided to the students who are observed to be keenly interested in the education perspective. The students who fall into the category of meritorious students are financially assisted for further holding up the knot of education.
The introduction of one such scheme called the Swami Vivekananda scholarship or Swami Vivekananda merit-cum-means- scholarship, wherefore in this scheme the students are provided with a nominal amount of scholarship as per their merits to continue their knowledge gaining process and no hurdle can discourage them for such a noble and important aspect of life.
The Swami Vivekananda scholarship is provided to all the undergraduates, post-graduates, M.Phil, and doctoral-level studies. The West Bengal Government has introduced the Swami Vivekananda scholarship due to the larger public of the state falling under the below poverty line category.
The amount provided under this scholarship varies from Rs 1000 – Rs 5000 per month subject to conditions of approval.
Check Out: National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Application Process
There are three basic criteria’s where a student must fall to claim the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
- The student must be benefited based on merit, where the student must have scored above 75% in the West Bengal Qualifying Examinations.
- The applicant must be the native of West Bengal.
- The income of the family should not exceed Rs 2.5 lac per annum.
- The student must be falling under the category of 11th, 12th, or any undergraduate program.
- The post-graduate, M.Phil, Doctoral category candidate should be taking up education from a state-funded institution with a minimum of 53% score.
Check Out: E-District Scholarship
Cause of Action in Case of Falsification
There are circumstances when the students who cannot afford the financial expenses are forbidden because of the opportunity given to the financially uplifted families in such a situation; serious actions shall be imposed onto those people.
The imposed actions are:
- The credited scholarship has to be refunded
- The candidate shall be barred from applying into any other government scholarship schemes
- All the legal provisions set-forth at that particular time shall be imposed on the candidate.
Check Out: Inspire Scholarship
Documents Required for the Application Process
- Address proof
- Ration card/voter card
- Previous examination reports
- Higher secondary education reports
- The first page of Bank passbook
- Passport size photo
- Income certificate
Check Out: Minority Scholarships
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Selection Process
- The applications which are on or before the deadline set shall only be entertained
- The applications are scheduled in a descending order subject to the courses the students have opted for.
- The applications shall further be verified based on documents submitted, and the amount shall then credited into the applicant’s account.
Check Out: Oasis Scholarship – The Complete Guide
Every state has its way of bridging the gap between the unequal to the equals. Thus state takes up initiatives to help impart the education facilities up to their level from one corner to another.
Education in one or the other way leads to economic, as well as standardized growth of the state, then the country. Therefore a state leaves no stone unturned to help the deserving person who aspires to get educated.
Check Out All These Scholarships:
- National Scholarship Portal 2020
- MP Scholarship
- OBC Scholarship
- PRERANA Scholarship 2020
- MCM Scholarship
- Santoor Scholarship
- UP scholarship status 2020
- Ashirwad Scholarship Punjab