Prerana Scholarship is started by the ST and SC Development and Minority and Other Backward Classes Welfare Department of the Government of Odisha. It is a post-matric scholarship portal. It was started to provide financial support to economically weaker students of the state, Odisha.
Students belonging to OBC/ST/SC SEBC/EBC categories can avail of this scholarship, thus enabling them to pursue Post Matriculation courses and complete their studies. It helps by easing up the scholarship application related process, and it’s a timely payment to the bank account of the student.
Prerana Scholarship, initiated by the Government of Odisha, is the Post Matric Scholarship Registration Release and Network Automation scheme. It was introduced by the SSD and Minorities and Backward Classes Welfare Department as an initiative to help provide financial assistance to support poor and meritorious students of the state every year.
Check Out: National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
PRERANA Scholarship Features
- It helps the State Department and the authority to monitor scholarships easily.
- It helps the students to some extent because the application form can be submitted online from anywhere or at any time.
- Automatically provides the scholarship money to the bank account of the students.
- It helps students by tracking their application status.
- The Sanctioning Authority has made the scholar sanctioning process easy.
- It helps students to apply to college with the same credentials.
- By auto and bulk processing of scholarship applications, the institutes get benefited.
- Fake applications can be filtered out because it has a bar-coding process.
- The institutes can renew the applications as well.
- SMS and email are given to the students during various processes of the application.
Check Out: SC-ST Scholarships
Key Documents ForPRERANA Scholarship
Below are given the important documents the student need:
- A Xerox the first page of the student’s bank account passbook, which contains important details like the IFSC code of the branch and account number.
- Caste certificate
- Xerox of enrolment/adhaar slip
- Income certificate
- Matriculation certificate
Check Out: Vidyasiri Scholarships for OBC Students
PRERANA Scholarship 2020
An initiative by the Government of Odisha, PRERANA Scholarship 2020 is a scheme that provides financial assistance to the economically backward classes, studying in national-level institutes only.
The entire process of application is made online for the convenience and ease of students. This enables the students to apply for the scholarship from anywhere, at any given point of time. This scholarship enables the students to pursue Post Matriculation courses and complete their studies.
Prerana Scholarship 2020 date is September 4th, 2020. There are preset facilities to keep the students and their respective educational institutes in the loop to receive timely updates via mails and SMS alerts. Also, facilities to track the application and its status is provided.
An overview of PRERANA Scholarship is provided below:
|Provided by||Government of Odisha|
|Scholarship name||PRERANA Scholarship|
|Scholarship available for||ST/ SC/ OBC/ EBC/ SEB and minority classes|
Check Out: ePASS Karnataka
PRERANA Scholarship List
PRERANA scholarships offered under this scheme are post-matric; only those students who have completed their matriculation level can apply.
The list of scholarships is as follows:
- Post-matric scholarship for SC students
- Post-matric scholarship for ST students
- Post-matric scholarship for OBC/SEBC students
- Post-matric scholarship for EBC students
Check Out: eScholarship
PRERANA Scholarship Login
Every year, the Government of Odisha releases an official notification about the PRERANA Scholarship with all the important dates and details. A student can apply for the scholarship provided he/she qualify the eligibility criteria. For the sake of convenience of all students, the application process is through online means only; no offline mode of application is acceptable.
Facilities to track one’s application is also provided by the PRERANA Scholarship Portal.
To login into the portal, one needs to follow the following steps:
- Open the official website of PRERANA Scholarship, www.mpsc.mp.nic.in, and click on the login.
- Then, the page is redirected to a ‘User Login’ page for registered students, institutes, district administrators and state administrators.
- The student is required to enter his/her username or student application ID along with the password that he/she must have set during the registration process.
- Then, the student is required to enter the code that is displayed below it and click on ‘Log in’
- The student will be successfully logged into their respective profile.
- In case, the student forgets his/her password, he/she can recover the password by clicking on the option below, ‘Registered Students: Recover your password’.
Check Out: GOKDOM
PRERANA Scholarship Reset Password
In case, you have forgotten or want to reset or recover your password for the PRERANA Scholarship 2020, follow the steps given below.
- First, visit the official website of the Prerana Scholarship Odisha, http://mpsc.mp.nic.in/scholarships/
- On the right side top corner of the homepage, find the ‘Login’ button and click on it.
- Then, find and click ‘Recover your password’ on the new page.
- On this page, you select a category from the drop-down list.
- The next step is for you to enter your first name only, date of birth as per the prescribed format, and enter your mobile number or Applicant ID.
- Then, click on the ‘Request Reset Password’ button.
- After this step, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on the Submit button.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you will enter a new password and retype the password for confirmation.
- Finally, click on the Submit button to confirm it.
Check Out: Inspire Scholarship
PRERANA Scholarship Odisha
PRERANA Scholarship was an initiative by the Government of Odisha for students who can’t afford their higher education, therefore providing them with money to do the same. The money and financial help that will be provided by the Government to the students for their further studies as the Scholarship money is not required to be repaid. Students can apply for this scholarship through this PRERANA Scholarship Portal. To eliminate and filter out the fake applications and candidates, the portal has a provision of barcoding.
All the key dates and notifications for PRERANA Scholarship Odisha 2020 are released and available for students on the official website of PRERANA. After downloading the notification, you can access the PRERANA Scholarship 2020 link to apply.
|Starting date for online application||September 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application||October 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application duly signed printed online copies to the Institute, by the applicants||October 2020|
|Last date for submission of application Copies by the Institute to the WO concerned||Available soon|
|End date for online sanction of Fresh & Renewal Application by the concerned DWOs||Available soon|
PRERANA Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the PRERANA Scholarship, aspiring candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria as stated in the official notification.
- For post-matric scholarship for EBC –
- Only applicable to the EBC of general category.
- The annual income must not exceed 1 lakh.
- The must continue studying in a government institution.
- For post-matric scholarship for SC –
- The student must be studying in a government institution.
- The annual income must not exceed 2.5 lakhs.
- A permanent resident of Odisha can only apply.
- Post matric scholarship for OBC/SEBC –
- The student must be studying in a governmental institution.
- The annual income of the student must not exceed 1 lakh.
- A Permanent Resident of Odisha is only applicable.
- The student should have 50% marks in the last exam.
- Post matric for ST –
- The student must be studying in a government institute.
- The annual income of the student must not exceed 2.5 lakhs.
- The student should be a permanent resident of Odisha.
Check Out: Minority Scholarships
PRERANA Scholarship Application
Students aspiring to avail of the benefit of this scholarship are advised to read the notification and brochure, containing the key dates and eligibility criteria carefully before applying for the same. Once done, the next step is filling out the online application form which is available on the official website of PRERANA Scholarship, http://mpsc.mp.nic.in/scholarships/
How to Apply for PRERANA Scholarship:
Given below are the steps one should follow while applying for the scholarship:
- The first step is to visit the official website of the PRERANA Portal, http://mpsc.mp.nic.in/scholarships/
- On opening the website, you will find the “New Registration” link at the official homepage. Click on it.
- After clicking on the Registration link, to the page will be directed to the application wherein the student will be required to fill all necessary fields with correct data.
- After filling and cross-checking every data, click on the submit button.
- You will get an OTP on the mobile number you registered from. Enter it in the given space.
- Next, you receive your login credentials i.e. User ID and Password, on your Registered Mobile.
- Click on ‘Login’ and enter your User Id and Password.
- Doing so, you will be redirected to a new page where you will need to upload your photo and signature.
- Then, fill out the application form with all the necessary information accurately.
- Fill Bank details with IFSC code correctly and click on the ‘Submit’.
- For future reference, take a printout/ hard copy.
- Submit the hard copy at the Institute you are currently studying at.
Check Out: LIC Scholarship
PRERANA Scholarship Online Application
While going through the ONLINE application procedure, students are required to submit scanned copies of the documents mentioned below. Students are recommended to keep these documents ready beforehand to avoid the upload of any incorrect document or any chaos.
Alongside, candidates have to submit the hard copy of their application form with the same documents while submitting it at their respective educational institutions too.
List of documents that are needed while filling out the Application Form for PRERANA Scholarship 2020:
- 10th/HSC Board Passing Certificate.
- Certificate of Family Annual Income
- Cast Certificate
- Resident Certificate
- Bank Pass Book (Account Number, IFSC Code, Branch Name).
- The candidate’s recent passport size photo.
- Aadhar Card (Mandatory document)
- Roll No of the Institute where the candidate is currently studying at
- Operating Mobile Number of the candidate
- Valid Email Id of the candidate
Check Out: OBC Scholarship
PRERANA Scholarship Date
Students belonging to the backward and minority classes have the opportunity to avail of the benefit of this scholarship to complete their higher education without having to worry about their financial problems through the PRERANA Scholarship.
But this is only possible if the student applies for the same within the deadline set by the Government, otherwise, the portal will get closed.
|SCHOLARSHIP NAME||APPLICATION PERIOD|
|Post-matric Scholarship for SC||August-October|
|Post-matric Scholarship for ST||August-October|
|Post-matric Scholarship for |
|Post-matric Scholarship for EBC||August-October|
An overview of all the important dates (TENTATIVE) is given below:
|EVENTS||INSIDE ODISHA||OUTSIDE ODISHA|
|Starting date for online application||September 2020||September 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application||October 2020||October 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application duly signed printed online copies to the Institute, by the applicants||October 2020||October 2020|
|Last date for submission of application Copies by the Institute to the WO concerned||Between November – December 2020||Between November – December 2020|
|End date for online sanction of Fresh & Renewal Application by the concerned DWOs||December 2020||January 2021|
PRERANA Scholarship Amount
This scholarship grants different rewards and benefits to today scholars, and hostel residents. The same has been tabulated below.
|Scholarship Name||Scholarship Reward/benefit forDAY SCHOLARS||Scholarship Reward/benefit forHOSTEL RESIDENTS|
|Post-matric scholarship for SC students||Complete course fee, College Admission fee, Library fee, Sports fee, Maintenance allowance – INR 550||Complete course fee, College Admission fee, Library fee, Sports fee, Maintenance allowance – INR 1200|
|Post-matric scholarship for ST students||Complete course fee, College Admission fee, Library fee, Sports fee, Maintenance allowance – INR 550||Complete course fee, College Admission fee, Library fee, Sports fee, Maintenance allowance – INR 1200|
|Post-matric scholarship for OBC/ SEBC students||Complete course fee, College Admission fee, Library fee, Sports fee, Maintenance allowance – INR 350||Complete course fee, College Admission fee, Library fee, Sports fee, Maintenance allowance – INR 750|
|Post-matric scholarship for EBC students||Complete course fee, College Admission fee, Library fee, Sports fee, Maintenance allowance – INR 350||Complete course fee, College Admission fee, Library fee, Sports fee, Maintenance allowance – INR 750|
How to Renew PRERANA Scholarship?
Applicants who have successfully received their scholarship grant in the previous academic year are required to renew their applications ONLINE in the current academic year too, if they wish to continue receiving the scholarship amount.
To do this, students have to provide their Institute with their Aadhar Card number and Caste Certificate so that the institute can enter the information in the application. If there is any change in information of the student’s details, then he/she should inform the institute about the same.
To renew your scholarship, follow the following steps:
- The student is required to log into his/her registered PRERANA account with a valid registration ID and password.
- If there is/are any change(s) in the application form submitted previously, then the candidate has the option to make necessary changes.
- In case of any change or if you need to re-upload some documents, then kindly upload the necessary documents again.
- Click on ‘Renew Application’, on the left side panel of the PRERANA RENEW APPLICATION portal.
- Then, the candidate is required to make certain entries about this year’s academic status; details such as admission date, roll number, and course enrolment date. Also, select course pursuing, course year, branch of the course, percentage of marks attained, caste certificate number, issuing authority details with date, etc. are to be entered.
- Then, click on ‘Renew application Details.’
- The next step is to LOCK the application to complete the ONLINE RENEWAL Process successfully.
- After ONLINE submission, print the application form and submit the hard copy at the respective educational institution with supportive documents to complete the renewal process.
PRERANA Scholarship Toll Number
If there is any help that students need or any information they need to know about the scholarship, students can reach out to the DWOs. They can communicate with the DWOs using the following email ID through which they can talk to the DWO of the concerned district.
Email ID: [email protected]
Ans. YES, it is mandatory to submit the printout of the application form along with online submitted documents. Failure of doing so can cause the application process to not be processed any further.
Ans. The students can click on the ‘TRACK STATUS’, on the PRERANA homepage tab to get the latest updates on the submitted applications.
Ans. In the Renew Application details section of the PRERANA portal, before proceeding to lock the application, click on the ‘EDIT’ button. Then, correct or change the entries as per requirement and then, hit the LOCK button. Once done, click on submit.
Ans. It is a first-come, first-served basis. Applications are taken up institution-wise for sorting, and then scholarships are disbursed upon authentication.