The RPF exam is conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board, which conducts the RPF exam for all the different zones. Several vacancies vary from zone to zone and year to year. The notification for the RPF exam 2020 will be out anytime soon.
Ministry of Railways examines the post of constable and sub-inspector in the Railways Protection Force (RPF). Both male and female candidates are eligible to apply for the RPF exam.
RPF Exam 2020 Date
The RPF exam 2020 date have not been declared yet by the authorities. However, tentatively the application form for RPF SI exams will be out in April 2020, and the last date of the application might be in May 2020. The RPF SI exam will be held somewhere in July 2020. The total number of vacancies is also yet unknown and will be announced in the soon to be out RPF exam notification.
The candidates are required to keep a vigilant eye on the official website of the Railway Recruitment Board to get access to the notification of this national level examination.
Check Out: RRB Exam
RPF Exam Eligibility criteria
Eligibility criteria are different for RPF constable and SI exams, as listed below.
RPF Constable Exam
- The RPF exam is open to all Indian nationals of ages between 18 to 25 years. The age limit is relaxable by five years for SC/ST candidates and three years for OBC candidates.
- They should at least be enrolled from a recognized board. Candidates awaiting results of their final examination are not eligible to apply.
Check Out: Indian Forest Service
RPF SI Exam
- The RPF SI exam is open to all Indian nationals of ages between 20 to 25 years. The age limit is relaxable by five years for SC/ST candidates and three years for OBC candidates.
- They should at least be a graduate from a recognized university. Candidates awaiting results of their final examination are not eligible to apply.
Check Out: SEB Exam (State Examination Board)
Stage II of RPF SI Exam
Based on the cut-off, qualified candidates are called for the Stage II of RPF SI exam. It consists of a Physical Eligibility Test (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT).
Candidates qualifying these tests are then called for document verification and medical fitness test. The RPF SI exam body then declares a list of final candidates on its official website.
RPF SI Exam Conducting Body
All the information contained in this article about the RPF SI exam date is tentative. All the information provided here is for the information of the candidates so that they keep themselves updated on the RPF exam and prepare themselves accordingly.
Check Out: Upcoming Government Exams
RPF Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- The qualifying exam for RPF SI is an online computer-based test. The test is of 90 minutes duration. The test is held in several Indian languages, including Hindi and English.
- The question paper will carry a total of 120 marks and will carry questions from General Awareness, Arithmetic, and General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- There will be negative marking in the RPF SI exam. Each wrong answer is penalized by deducting 0.3 marks. However, no marks are deducted for unattempted questions.
- The cut-off marks for the RPF SI exam varies across categories and also depends on the average performance of the candidates appearing the exam that year.
Ans. RPF exam is conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board, which conducts the RPF exam for all the different zones. Several vacancies vary from zone to zone and year to year. The notification for the RPF exam 2020 will be out anytime soon.
Ans. To crack RPF Exam follow these steps:
1. You should be updated with the latest syllabus for the RPF exam.
2. Time Management is a must when you are preparing for the exam.
3. Practice mock test papers as many as you can.
4. Make strategies for completing the exam on time.
Ans. The exam fee for RPF SI is Rs. 500. Out of these Rs. 500, 400 will be refunded after candidates appear in the CBT. For reserved category the exam fee is Rs. 250 which is also refunded.
Ans. After the selection process is done, the candidate will go through rigorous training in RPF/RPSF training center. The trainee recruits/cadets will be given a stipend of Rs 35,400 plus other allowances.
Ans. The minimum qualification require for RPF constable exam is the candidate should have passed SSLC/Matric from recognized board.