International Students from around the world can enrol in the 1.5 to 2-year Master of Public Health programme in Canada. Masters in Public health in Canada is a four-year bachelor’s degree with a minimum 75 percent passing grade, a practical GRE score (waivers are allowed), and an IELTS score of 7.0 or its equivalent to Canadian universities.
An international student who wants to enrol in a programme at one of the best colleges in Canada should budget between 5,000 and 44,000 USD.
Let’s quickly learn everything about Masters in Public Health in Canada!
Table of Contents
Why Pursue Masters in Public Health in Canada?
Here are some of the reasons why you should pursue masters in public health in Canada :
- In Canada, the Masters in Public Health programme offers more than seven major concentrations, including epidemiology, gerontology, food safety, global health, etc.
- Masters in Public Health are offered by 12 prestigious Canadian colleges, with annual tuition ranging from 5,606 to 47,777 USD.
- A postgraduate in public health makes 32 USD on average per hour in Canada, which is more than the average income for all workers.
- Canadians are very welcoming to international students and go out of their way to make sure that they are safe, treated fairly, and have a wonderful time while they are in the country.
- Enjoy a high standard of living and a flexible learning environment while studying in one of the strongest economies in the world.
- Smaller student groups are used in classes to ensure that each student receives the attention they need, as well as to promote group projects and discussions.
- According to Indeed Canada, there are more than 10,752 job openings for medical professionals with a Masters in Public Health degree in Canada (job portal).
- Once the experts begin working in their area of specialisation, job growth of more than 50% might be anticipated.
Top Universities for Masters in Public Health in Canada
Check out the Top Universities for Masters in Public Health in Canada:
|Cost/year in CAD
|University of Toronto
|Social Dimensions of Health
|University of Victoria
|Population and Public Health
|Simon Fraser University
|Public Health Sciences
|University of Guelph
|General Public Health
|University of Alberta
Also read : Study in Canada for free
MPH in Canada course Curriculum and Subjects
A Masters in Public Health programme will cover a wide range of topics, from occupational health and safety to community health. While the goal stays the same, the course format varies from university to university.
Some of the core and electives that you will study while pursuing a Masters in Public Health in Canada are mentioned below:
List of Electives
- Biostatistics and its Applications
- Global Health
- GIS and Public Health
- Environmental Health and Toxicology
- Food Safety
- Public Health Economics
- Understanding Knowledge Synthesis
- Research Methodologies
- Behavioural Science
- Project Management
- Health Psychology
- Health and Risk Communication
- Public Health Issues
- Epidemiological Methods and Research
- Public Health Practices
- Public Policy
Masters in Public Health Online Courses in Canada
Mentioned below is the table representing masters in public health online courses in Canada :
|Public Health: Social-Ecological Systems, Sustainability and Health
|University of Waterloo
|Health Sciences Education
Admission Procedure for Masters in Public Health in Canada
Admission for overseas students wishing to pursue a master’s degree in public health in Canada consists of two independent components: eligibility requirements and the application procedure. To be eligible to apply to study for a master’s degree in public health at one of Canada’s schools, certain prerequisites must be satisfied.
The following are some of the mandatory eligibility criteria:
Eligibility criteria for Masters in Public Health in Canada
To be eligible for admission, international students who wish to pursue a master’s degree in public health in Canada must meet the following requirements:
|Overall average of a minimum of 65%
|Minimum of 60% in four-year under-graduation degree
|Marks – 92/120with a score of 21 on each of the individual skill areas
|Marks – 61/90with a minimum band score of 60
|A minimum score of 550
|Marks – 7/9 at least 6 on each band
Check out : Hospitality Management Courses in Canada
Documents required for Masters in Public Health in Canada
A majority of the following given requirements are common with most of the Canadian universities that offer MPH in Canada
- Supporting documents: The application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- High school marks
- Statement of purpose: describing how earning an MPH degree will assist the applicant reach their objectives.
- Curriculum vitae: A current and updated CV that includes the applicant’s overall GPA, grades, educational background, and work or research experience
- References: 2 to 3 testimonials from academics or business people that have collaborated closely with the applicant
Test results required for admission to the Master of Public Health programme in Canada include:
- Standardized Test Scores: Some Canadian universities additionally accept MCAT and GRE scores of 153 (quantitative) and 153 (verbal).
- Scores on the English Language Proficiency Examinations: You need good scores on you english proficiency test.
Cost of Pursuing Masters in Public Health in Canada
Check out the table below for Cost of Pursuing MPH in Canada:
|Room & Board
|Books & Supplies
|Student services fee
Scholarships for Masters in Public Health in Canada
For students with financial needs, several Canadian universities and institutes provide the best scholarships available. To help students who struggle to pay for tuition, several governing bodies provide partial or full scholarships.
The majority of scholarships aim to reduce the financial load on students by giving them between 900 and 17,000 USD year. Even overseas students who want to study full-time for a Master of Public Health degree in Canada are eligible for these scholarships.
|Name of the Scholarship
|Professor Margaret Page Graduate Award
|University of Victoria Graduate Award
|Foster G. McGaw Scholarship
|Special Graduate Entrance Scholarship (SGES)
|Isabel Loucks Foster Public Health Bursary
Check out : Scholarships for Indian Students Studying Abroad
Salary after Masters in Public Health in Canada
The great income potential and employment security of a Master’s in Public Health (MPH) programme in Canada will make the time and effort you invest in it worthwhile. An MPH would be a key next step in your career and would offer you an advantage over the demand in the health sector. So without a doubt, enrol in a Canadian public health master’s programme.
|Annual Salary in USD
|Public Health Nurse
Do you wish to study MPH in Canada? Get expert advice from Admitkard and get admission in best universities in Canada.
✅ Is Masters in Public Health in demand in Canada?
Ans: The master of public health (MPH) is in high demand in Canada. In-depth study is required for the degree, however there are significant job chances for qualified graduates. 21-Jan-2022
✅ Is MPH worth it in Canada?
Ans: Because tuition at McGill University is less than 12.5 percent cheaper than at the other 10 Canadian universities, MPH is more popular in Canada. Additionally, a larger ROI by earning between CAD 65,000 and 80,000 annually, creating a situation where everyone wins after graduating.
✅ How many years is MPH in Canada?
Ans: The MPH is a two-year programme with no thesis requirements. Normal completion of coursework takes three academic terms, plus one term for a practicum.
✅ How much MHP earn in Canada?
Ans: In Canada, the average MHP pay is $67,137 annually, or $34.43 per hour. Most experienced workers can earn up to $88,477 per year, while entry-level occupations start at $47,010 annually.