The statement of purpose is a long essay which describes the student need and purpose of the
the student to study in that particular University/College.
● It provides information about your entire application to the admission committee
● It can convince the admission committee to accept the application
● The SOP should be creative as to make a greater impact on the officials
● The SOP states all your entire ability and weaknesses so that it looks genuine
● The SOP highlights the student’s talents that convince the committee to give admission.
● The SOP is a chance to shine and also the officials check how much the student is
involved in this
● If the SOP is written well and the committee seems convinced then the student might get
the acceptance letter
● The SOP concludes the student’s achievements and goals to date.
● It can also include ethics values which the student possess which also leave a
● The SOP is a representation of the student where they are judged without being
There are various templates available for a good SOP to write from which the student can choose. But it
totally depends on the capability of the student to make it look unique and impactable.
What is the general format?
An SOP is a long essay which states all the necessary information about the student to the admission
committee. It should be impactable and unique to point out the writer's creativity.
● The SOP is usually of 1000 words which concludes everything about the writer
● The University asks for it as they want to know why the student had opted there college.
● The SOP includes goals, achievements, strengths, and weaknesses.
An ideal SOP format as follows:-
Header: it will include Upper part of the SOP
● Subject: It will focus on the objective of the SOP
● Title: It will show the title of the SOP
● Department: To which department the SOP is written
● Document no: The Number of the Document
● Prepared by: Name of the writer
● Checked by: Name of the checker of the SOP
● Approved by: Name of the approver
● Supersedes: To the previous authority in the admission committee
● Date Issued: Date on which the SOP is issued (MM/DD/YYYY)
● Date Reviewed: Date on which it was reviewed (MM/DD/YYYY)
● Phrase: A catchy phrase to end the SOP
● File Location: Where the SOP is written
● Date Printed: Date printed on which the SOP was written
● Page Number: Number of pages
No Comments Here.