CV (Curriculum vitae is a Latin phrase meaning course of life) is a document which presents detailed information regarding your professional and academic background. It is a comprehensive description of your academic credentials, experiences, and skills in which you are good at. It generally includes academics, experience, research, degree (if applying for a job or post-graduation), awards, publication, etc (any other achievement which makes it look more appealing). It is basically lengthier and contains all the information in a detailed format.
What is a CV or student resume?
A CV which is based for educational purpose regarding a students’ career is a student CV. It reflects the student’s academic performance and shows their ability. Its records one background and describes their strength and weakness. The area in which they want to explore is also included and is an important area.
The very first and foremost important thing that a CV includes is the personal details of the student. CV emphasis more on the research and training part. The main aim of CV is to provide comprehensive information about the student. A student CV is basically 2-3 pages long.
CV helps in many of the future prospects be it for further studies or internships, CV comes handy. It should definitely contain about the academics, research area, area of interest and such things. A student CV must contain reference area where you should mention a person who you had good relation with.
Why is CV important for studying abroad?
Students work so hard so that they can enlarge their CV as this plays an important role in job hunting. The best you have made your CV the better it is that you will get a job. Not only in job hunting, as internships also required for CV which will further add to your CV
So all the hard work you have put up will show in the CV Similarly, if you want to study abroad you CV will matter a lot. All the good universities will first go through your c.v before accepting any application.
The need for making a better CV goes on from the school days only. Because qualifications do matter as studying abroad is a very technical process. Studying abroad is lengthy as well as a costly process.
Studying abroad comes with a lot of qualification criteria and different other competitive exams as well. It needs to be shown in CV along with all the details. As getting a student visa also depends upon your academic qualification.
To apply to a good university, you will have to make your CV strong. A lot of visa gets canceled if you don’t have a proper academic qualification. So CV plays a very important role in study abroad purpose.
Tips for preparing CV for studying abroad
- First, decide properly for a perfect template and theme for your CV It should be decided to keep in mind what all you are going to include. A proper format must be decided upon before starting the work.
- Collect all your information before the beginning. What all you are going to include and what not should be already thought about. Only the necessary information should be included.
- When you’re deciding to study abroad you just can’t be a layman. You need to be the best choice that one can have. So work hard to learn new and required skills.
- One should never lie on the CV as it will reflect one’s individuality. Because a piece of paper will definitely decide your future so make it worth it. Only add those things which you are actually certain off.
- It will show the type of professional you will become. It should majorly focus on your academics and achievements. The language must be formal and keep in mind the writing structure.
- Make sure you are fulfilling the entire necessary requirement that is needed for further procedures. Check for information regarding how to form your cv according to the universities requirement. They often mention their specific requirements regarding the template and format structure.
✅ Is it a CV or resume?
Ans: A resume is a one page summary of your work experience and background relevant to the job you are applying to. A CV is a longer academic diary that includes all your experience, certificates, and publications.
✅ Is CV or resume for freshers?