Source: Humber International Centre
The Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, or better known as Humber College is a publicly funded college situated in Toronto, Canada.
Humber was established in 1967 with an objective to become a global leader in terms of practical education, creative arts, innovative entrepreneurship and integrating opportunities for students to move beyond classroom education. Humber is ranked among worlds best colleges due to its nature of being a global leader in polytechnic education. Due to its international partnerships, it manages to create a multicultural environment for students, thereby enhancing their cultural skills and learning experience.
Besides these, Humber College provides a wide range of programs from Humber college summer courses to Humber college full-time programs, Humber degree programs, and Humber College English courses as well.
Why Choose Humber? Courses in Humber College
Humber is ranked among the worlds best colleges and second in Canada. It has a great acceptance rate and accepts students from all walks of life. For instance, it accommodates one who is just out of school and simultaneously admits one who wants to seek admission after working for a period of time. With this, Humber has great satisfactory results and the placement 94.3% assured supplemented by the great satisfaction of the employers.
Humber College Review
Humber accepts international students and has been awarded Gold for internationalization excellence in recognition of its efforts towards the well being of foreign students. It is no less than a success that the students of 138 countries have chosen Humber as the best college that provides a multicultural environment that helps students seek exposure, opportunity and an overall development.
Humber College provides scholarships to its students who show distinguished performance and academic excellence. It also provides financial aids to the ones who deserve it while applying for entrance and degree courses. Read here to know about other Undergraduate scholarships for International Students in Canada.
How to Apply at Humber College Canada?
Applications in Humber are considered on the first come and first serve basis and admissions are provided depending on the availability of seats. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that one pays a close attention to all the deadlines. Follow these steps to apply to various courses-
- Review the program information and admission requirements.
- Visit ontariocolleges.ca to apply online.
- Forward all educational documents to ontariocolleges.ca.
- If you’re an International student, you can apply directly to Humber. Go to international.humber.ca for more details.
- Also, if the background is non-English then the candidate is required to check the English Proficiency by giving IELTS exams. Go to http://humber.ca/admissions/how-apply/english-proficiency.html for more details.
- Humber acknowledges receipt of application.
- Track your application at humber.ca/myhumber.
Moving forth is a list of the courses you can apply for in Humber college.
Humber College Programs- An Insight
Here is a detailed list of Humber College Programs and various other courses-
List of Undergraduate Programs at Humber College
- Bachelor of Applied Arts (Creative Advertising)
- Bachelor of Applied Arts (Criminology and Corrections)
- Bachelor of Applied Arts (Interior Design)
- Bachelor of Applied Arts (Film and Media Production)
- Bachelor of Applied Arts (Paralegal Studies)
- Bachelor of Applied Business (eBusiness)
- Bachelor of Applied Business (Fashion Management)
- Bachelor of Applied Business (Human Resources Management)
- Bachelor of Applied Business (International Business)
- Bachelor of Applied Business (Tourism Management)
- Bachelor of Applied Information Sciences (Software Systems)
- Bachelor of Applied Music (Contemporary Music)
- Bachelor of Applied Technology (Industrial Design)
- Bachelor of Child and Youth Care
- Bachelor of Commerce (Digital Business Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Fashion Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Healthcare Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resources Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hospitality and Tourism Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (International Business)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management Studies)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Supply Chain Management)
- Bachelor of Creative Advertising
- Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Public Relations
- Bachelor of Social Science (International Development)
List of Humber’s Ontario Graduate (Postgraduate) Certificate Programs
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
COMMUNITY AND EMERGENCY SERVICES
- Addictions and Mental Health
- Early Childhood Education – Special Needs
LIBERAL ARTS & SCIENCES
- Professional Writing and Communications
- Research Analyst
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
ARTS AND PERFORMANCE
- Arts Administration and Cultural Management
- Creative Book Publishing
- Creative Writing – Comic Scriptwriting
- Creative Writing – Fiction, Creative Non-Fiction, Poetry
- Humour Writing – Online and Print (New)
- Music Business
- Music Composition (New)
- Clinical Research
- Regulatory Affairs
- Advertising – Account Management
- Advertising Copywriting
- Advertising – Media Management
- Broadcasting – Radio
- Fundraising Management
- Public Relations
- Television Writing and Producing
HOSPITALITY, RECREATION, AND TOURISM
- Exercise Science and Lifestyle Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management
- Sports Business Management
- Wellness Coaching
BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Business Management – Entrepreneurial Enterprise
- Event Management
- Fashion Management and Promotions
- Financial Planning
- Global Business Management
- Human Resources Management
- Insurance Management – Property and Casualty
- International Development
- Marketing Management
- Paralegal (New)
- Public Administration
- Enterprise Software Development
- Information Technology Solutions
- User Experience (UX) Design
- Web Development
- Wireless Telecommunications
List of Humber College Diploma Programs
- Accounting, Business
- Acting For Film And Television
- Advertising and Graphic Design
- Advertising and Marketing Communications
- Architectural Technology
- Baking and Pastry Arts Management
- Broadcast Television/Videography
- Broadcasting Radio
- Business Management
- Carpentry and Renovation Technician
- Comedy: Writing and Performance
- Community and Justice Services
- Computer and Network Support Technician
- Computer Programmer
- Cosmetic Management
- Culinary Management
- Developmental Services Worker
- Developmental Services Worker – Accelerated
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Engineering Technician – Control Systems
- Electromechanical Engineering Technician
- Esthetician/Spa Management
- Fashion Arts and Business
- Financial services and Business Management
- Fire Services
- Fitness and Health Promotion
- Food and Nutrition Management
- General Arts and Science
- Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology
- Hospitality-Event Management
- Industrial woodworking Technician
- Interior Decorating
- Landscape Technician
- Law Clerk
- Mechanical Engineering
- Multimedia Design and Development
- Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion
- Paralegal Education
- Police Foundations
- Protection, security, and Investigation
- Recreation and leisure services
- Social Service Worker
- Theater Arts Production
- Visual and Digital Arts
Humber college provides bridging programs for international students and professionals in the fields of engineering and information technology. These Bridging Programs include:
- Engineering Software Skills Enhancement
- Mobile Systems Integration
- NET Developer Bridging Program
What is the fee of Humber College in 2019?
|Courses||Duration of Course||1st Year Tuition Fees (INR)|
|MBA(5 Courses)||12 - 24 Months||INR 7.5L - 7.6L|
|MS(4 Courses)||12 - 24 Months||INR 7.9L - 8.9L|
|BE/B.Tech(7 Courses)||2 - 4 Years||INR 7L - 8L|
|BBA(11 Courses)||4 Years||INR 7.8L|
|Other Courses(10 Courses)||2 - 4 Years||INR 6.4L - 7.8L|
Eligibility for Humber College Canada
|Courses||Exams And their scores|
|MBA(5 Courses)||IELTS: 6.5 & Above
TOEFL: 88 & Above
PTE: 61 & Above
|MS(4 Courses)||IELTS: 6.5 & Above
TOEFL: 88 & Above
PTE: 61 & Above
|BE/B.Tech(7 Courses)||IELTS: 6-6.5
|BBA(11 Courses)||IELTS: 6.5 & Above
TOEFL: 84 & Above
PTE: 58 & Above
|Other Courses(10 Courses)||IELTS: 6-6.5
What are the Scholarships at Humber College Canada?
Humber is a reputed polytechnic college that very well pays a close attention to the needs of its students; even if it is the financial assistance. Humber offers full and partial renewable tuition scholarships for international students and the scholarships are divided throughout the three semesters. The applications are considered on the basis of academic performance and the all-rounder behavior of the student, thereby making the scholarship availability competitive in nature.
What are the International Entrance Scholarships at Humber College Canada?
Two full-tuition scholarships and one $5,000 scholarship are available in September, while one full-tuition scholarship and one $5,000 scholarship are available in January. This scholarship is for International Entrance Students. Also, the scholarships are renewable but the student must maintain a minimum average of 75% in order to be eligible for renewal.
To claim on the scholarship one needs to apply to the college first and then if selected, the scholarship application is offered.
What are the Bachelor Degree Scholarships at Humber College Canada?
Bachelor’s Degree scholarships are available to students coming directly from school studies, who are non-transfer students (i.e. haven’t attended college or university, or studied in Humber’s EAP program), and are unlimited in quantity. Humber awards degree scholarships automatically to graduating high school students based on their academic achievement
For instance- to claim on a scholarship of $4000 one needs to get a score of 95% or higher GPA. This is the highest amount offered which comes down to $1500 on a score of 75%-79.9%(this is one-time renewable).
What are the Additional Scholarships at Humber College Canada?
Humber college covers its students and assists them in materialistic needs. Some of the others scholarships provided by Humber are-
- ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP
- ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP(limited in number)
- HUMBER STUDENTS’ FEDERATION ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
- JEAN AUGUSTINE LEGACY SCHOLARSHIP
- MONTEGO BAY ACHIEVERS SCHOLARSHIP
- BOLT (TRIDEL & PARTNERS) SCHOLARSHIPS
- RONA FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
- CARDIAC HEALTH FOUNDATION OF CANADA ESLM ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
- SUSAN GINTHER ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
- GENERAL ARTS AND SCIENCE – ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
- GENERAL ARTS AND SCIENCE- HEALTH AND SCIENCE ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
- DEGREE SCHOLARSHIP
- PROJECT HERO SCHOLARSHIP
Read here to know about more scholarships offered by Humber College, Canada
Humber College is considered one amongst the best institutions in the world and holds a respectable position in higher education. One notable achievement of students of Humber was on February 2, 2009, they, (the students) became the first to contact an astronaut in orbit using an apparatus they built and operated. They made contact with Sandra Magnus at the International Space Station from a lab room at the school’s Rexdale campus, thereby, making the achievements of college way ahead of other institutions.
Studying in Canda is a great experience for international students. SPP Colleges in Canada are also great options for students of certain countries. Read here to know about SPP Colleges in Canada. Also, there are other reputed options as well. Humber College is one of its kind. What do you think of it? Do let us know in the comments section below.