MBBS is one of the most robust streams to pursue in anyone’s career, but there is an added pressure on future doctors when it comes to Indian Medical entrance exams. Indian medical exams like NEET and AIIMS attracts more than 10 Lac students every year, for just 6000+ seats in government colleges.
MBBS in India is very expensive for students who do not get through these tough competitive exams. Now aspiring students might think what the prospects for them are to become a renowned doctor.
Being a successful doctor is a dream of many, but only a few who take the right decision can cross this hurdle and achieve their maximum potential. One of these decisions is to study MBBS in Russia.
MBBS In Russia (Overview)
Russian MBBS colleges provide the correct amount of international exposure along with quality education for the students. For the students who take competition pressure on their heads, here is good news for you, Russian Universities offer admission without any entrance exam.
The applicants only need to qualify the minimum requirements based on their high school examinations. When we take up the discussion for cheap MBBS at Indian standards, the only country that fulfills this criterion is Russia.
The cost of living is lower compared to other countries, and MBBS fees are almost one-fifth of an average Indian medical institute. Easy loans, good scholarships await anyone who has the talent and wants to study in Russia.
There are scholarship tests for the students who want to appear for it. These exams are highly competitive as students around the world push for scholarships in these prestigious institutions.
MBBS in Russia Fee
Due to the high concentration on science-related education, Russian mathematical, aerospace, nuclear, and research has always been regarded as high order worldwide. To complement education, teaching level has always been kept at par in the top-rated universities in Russia.
Russia is known for its lower fee structure, which is a positive aspect compared to other countries providing the same degree. MBBS Admission can be gained without qualifying an entrance exam; generally, the Average fee for MBBS in Russia is between 3 Lacs to 6 Lacs per year.
MBBS degree of Russia is accepted in India as all the Russian Medical Universities are affiliated with MCI and WHO which allows any MBBS graduate from Russia to practice in India.
Indian students always concentrate on getting taught in English, which is a slightly expensive option compared to MBBS in Russian. Only six universities in Russia provide MBBS for a full six years in English.
Their fee structure is shown in the table below: –
|S.No||Name of University||Fee for 6 years inclusive of Tution Fee, Hostel Fee and other Miscellaneous costs|
|1||Privolzhsky Research Medical University||₹ 23.00 Lakh|
|2||Far Eastern Federal University||₹ 24.00 Lakh|
|3||Volgograd State Medical University||₹ 27.50 Lakh|
|4||Kazan State Medical University||₹ 27.90 Lakh|
|5||Kazan Federal University||₹ 27.90 Lakh|
|6||First Moscow State Medical University||₹ 38.20 Lakh|
Fee Structure MBBS in Russia for Indian Students
Almost four thousand Indian students went to study in Russia due to its ever-decreasing study cost. At present, there are over 100,000 international students from over 200+ countries that take admission and study MBBS in Russia. Russia has seen an influx in the number of students studying in its institutions in the current years.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian students:
- Any student must be at least 17 to 25 years old in the admission year.
- Any Indian student must compete Class 12th with PCB stream and with mandatory English subject from a recognized board by India.
- A minimum eligibility percentage of 50% should be scored in PCB in the 12th standard.
- The candidate should have qualified NEET mandatorily.
Here we have a fee structure of Kazan State Medical University to give an idea about MBBS fee for Indian students in Russia.
MBBS Fee of Kazan State Medical University, Russia
|–||Tuition Fee in Indian Rupees||Tuition Fee In USD|
Studying MBBS in Russia
Study Pattern of MBBS
The course length of MBBS in Russia is six years. Where in the first three years, students gain knowledge of the theoretical aspects of Medicine that enhance the base of the study of Medicine in the students.
In the last three years, students get the required practical skills that help students to apply the concepts into their practice and make them better doctors. Each year has been further divided into two semesters, and in total, students have 12 semesters to study to complete the whole course.
Students who study MBBS in Russia are subjected to CCE study patterns. This study pattern is a continuous and comprehensive evaluation pattern in which the whole batch is segregated in the groups of 12-15 students.
Each group has its timetable with one teacher teaching at a time. Russian education system emphasizes on 100% mandatory attendance. Towards the end, the students have end semester examination, which gains them credits for each subject they pass.
Admission for MBBS in Russia
Application deadlines and Dates
Every year the applications for MBBS admissions in Russia starting from the First week of May. The application form is filled between April 1 to July 31, depending upon the University, and the universities emphasize on submitting the applications by July 30.
Due to a vast number of international students applying for these universities, it is always advised to complete the application form at the earliest. Many universities do follow the first-come, first-serve basis; therefore, it is always beneficial for the students to apply early.
Academic Session in Medical Universities of Russia
Each academic year has been divided into two semesters:
- The first semester commences in September and ends in January
- The second semester starts in February and ends in June
- At the end of each semester, students get holidays i.e., almost two weeks in winter from January 25 to February 9 and for a long 2 months in summer starting from1st July to August 30.
Here is a step by step guide for applying for MBBS in Russia:
- Try to visit websites of various universities and try getting counseling sessions. In these sessions, you can quickly get detailed information about the eligibility criteria of various universities.
- After shortlisting your universities, make sure you know course fee structure, credentials, and admission process for each University.
- After being satisfied with all the merits and demerits of each University, the students should submit a filled admission form with a scanned copy of the 10th & 12th class certificates on the university website of their choice.
- After the submission of the application form, a student can expect an admission letter within two weeks that confirms the reservation of the seat in the University.
- Students need an invitation letter from the Ministry of Foreign affairs of the Russian federation, this step takes around a month and would require submission of original passport copy.
- Candidate should apply for student VISA from the Russian consulate or Embassy. The student should decide to take a crucial foreign exchange for the tuition fee to be paid to the University.
- The students should ensure all the necessary documents are completed and collected; all these documents should be presented at the university office.
MBBS in Russia Eligibility
A minimum eligibility criterion is needed to be fulfilled for getting admission in any university, so any candidate needs to follow the required admission criterion for being eligible to study MBBS in Russia.
- The candidate should have crossed the minimum age of 17 years on or before the 31st of December of the admission year.
- A minimum percentage of 50% is required in the 12th standard from the Science stream which should include Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with mandatory English in CBSE, ISC or any other state board of Examination.
- By the latest rules and regulations stated by the Medical Council of India or MCI, any Indian medical aspirants planning to enroll in any Foreign Medical Universities around the world need to qualify NEET – National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.
MBBS in Russia University
Many students might think that all the universities in Russia might teach MBBS in Russian but this is not the case. By the general perspective, some things differently, like a handful of universities offer MBBS in English for 6 years. Some universities prefer the bilingual patterns in which first 3 years are taught in English and the next 3 years are taught in Russian.
Few universities that follow strict 6 years in English Medium are: –
- Privolzhsky Research Medical University
- Far Eastern Federal University
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kazan Federal University
- First Moscow State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University, Kursk
- Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Moscow
- First Pavlov State Medical University, St. Petersburg
Universities offering bilingual MBBS are: –
- Tver Medical University, Tver
- Smolensk Medical University, Smolensk
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Omsk State Medical University
- Northern State Medical University- Arkhangelsk
- Crimea federal university
- Pacific State Medical University
Best University for MBBS in Russia
QS world rankings grade best universities all around the world for universities. Russian Universities have always performed better after each passing year. Quality institutes teach MBBS in Russia that has a worldwide reputation.
Best universities are determined by research, outlook, student to teacher ratio, and many other factors.
Some of the best universities for MBBS in Russia are:
| QS world |
|Name of the University|
|90||Lomonosov Moscow State University|
|235||Saint-Petersburg State University|
|244||Novosibirsk State University|
|277||Tomsk State University|
|299||Bauman Moscow State Technical University|
|343||National Research University|
|412||Ural Federal University|
|439||Kazan Federal University|
|476||National University of Science and Technology “MISIS”|
|545||Far Eastern Federal University|
MBBS in Russia for Indian Students
Indian students go through one of the toughest and most sought competitive exams, and the number of applicants per year for exams like NEET is in millions. Many good students lose out on the opportunity to become good doctors due to this competition and costly medical education in India.
Russian universities fill the void and provide a world-class education at nominal prices. These universities give a well-structured medical program for students around the world.
- MBBS in Russia requires no Entrance exam
- No Donation is required for admission in MBBS in Russia
- European Standard of Living
- Admission Procedure is Easy.
- Worldwide Recognition of Medical Universities of Russia.
- Subsidized and Low course fees.
- Availability of Indian Canteen in all the Universities.
- Excellent Result in MCI Screening Test required to practice in India
- 100% Guaranteed Visa for Indian Students
MBBS in Russia Cost
Russia is has been home to millions of international medical students over the past 2-3 decades. There has been an increase in the stability and security in the era of Vladimir Putin, which has led to the influx of students searching for safety and security abroad at least prices.
There has a trend of international students coming to Russia, but a substantiate amount of students come to pursue MBBS. Russian teaching methods are well developed and have high standards.
It is very affordable to study MBBS in Russia, as a student in Russia only spends around $4500-$6000 annually. Living costs vary with lifestyle, and it can be around $150-$350 per month.
Duration of MBBS in Russia
The duration of MBBS in Russia is six years, which is divided into 12 semesters.
After completion of MBBS in Russia, there is a requirement of 1 year of Mandatory training in Russian. Each semester spans for four months. The first semester starts in September and gets over in January. Whereas the second semester starts from February and ends in June.
Admission process for MBBS in Russia
The admission process in Russia requires certain requirements to be fulfilled.
Requirements for admission process in Russia are:
- Passport with at least 18 months’ validity.
- Grade 10th and 12th passing certificate
- Candidate’s Birth Certificate.
- Passport size photographs
- Acceptance letter from any Medical University of Russia.
- HIV test reports.
- All documents should be authorized from the Ministry of External Affairs of India
- Legalization proof of all the documents from the Russian Embassy.
- Fee Receipt of visa.
- First year tuition fees + receipt of university
Syllabus for MBBS in Russia
The syllabus followed for six years and 12 semesters have these subjects and specializations: –
The first year is more theory-based and consists of basic subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy, Histology, Latin, Nursing, and Public Health.
For all-round development of student’s skillset first years are also taught humanities subjects like Economics, History, Russian language, Philosophy, and Physical Training.
This year focuses more on the functioning of the body and metabolic processes of the body. Significant subjects include subjects like Biochemistry, Immunology, Physiology, Tropical Biology, and Hygiene.
Additional subjects like Medical Law, Psychology, Russian language, and Bioethics for patient-doctor communication.
This year focuses mainly on the more profound knowledge of diseases and Medicine, which includes subjects like Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Pathological Anatomy, Internal disease, and Pathological Physiology.
This year marks the beginning of the practical part of MBBS. This includes subjects like Dermatology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Neurology, Obstetrics, and Tropical Anatomy. There are various cycles in each department at various hospitals where the students practice and learn the subject. They also start to prepare the case history of patients.
This year includes major subjects like Clinical Physiology, Gynaecology, Oncology, Paediatrics, Narcology, Operative Surgery, Somatology, Anaesthesiology, Medical Psychology, Urology, Orthopaedics, and Radiology.
The sixth-year marks the end of MBBS in Russia, and it includes the remaining part of the 5th year and specialized subjects of Forensic Medicine, Surgery, and Infectious diseases.
Age Limit for MBBS in Russia
Age limit is always included as one of the basic requirements to give chances to a certain degree to those who will do justice to that education for a time frame that will help them to be excellent professionals. The age bar also weeds out more competition for the limited number of seats.
To gain MBBS education, a candidate must be of 17 years or above and should not be more than the age of 25, by December 31 of the admission year.
Is it reasonable to study in Russia?
It is great to study in Russia if you choose a good university. Russian MBBS is useful because:
- These universities provide high- quality MBBS education.
- Universities have a pool of talented and experienced professors.
- Affordable fee for MBBS is famous worldwide
- The European style of education attracts thousands of students.
- Scholarship For MBBS In Russia
Every student aspiring for foreign medical education gets worried about the total cost of study in other foreign nations. Scholarships come to the aid of these students and give them a platform to overcome the financial barriers and study well.
The scholarships available for MBBS in Russia are: –
- The government of Russian Federation Scholarships
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarships
- SRAS scholarship program for US candidates.
Ans. Medical degrees are recognized for practice in Russia. However, if the degree holder wishes to practice in India, he/she has to undergo a screening test conducted by MCI in order to practice in India.
Ans. No, the admissions are on a first-come-first-serve basis
Ans. This is a document that is processed by the Department of Passport-Visa Service and is a prerequisite before seeking admission for MBBS at a Russian University.
Ans. It is an official document which testifies to the fact that the student has crossed the border of the Russian Federation.
Ans. An additional amount of 30 USD, which is a one time charge, is charged for the registration.