India is Canada’s most emerging source for new immigrants, therefore there are many options to apply for Canada permanent residence from India.
The PR visa will not make you a citizen of Canada. Benefits:-
- Eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship in the future.
- Will be able to live, work, and study anywhere in Canada.
- Can acquire healthcare facilities and other social benefits enjoyed by Canadian citizens.
- Protected under Canadian Law.
How to Apply Canada PR from India?
Before applying for Canada PR the candidates must apply for PNC (Provincial Nominee Class). Application forms are available on the government of Canada website.
- Step 1: Check your points followed by your education assessment by WES or other related functional bodies.
- Step 2: Apply online through Express Entry, get selected based on your rankings.
- Step 3: Recieve an invitation to apply. Make the final application along with essential documents and relevant fees.
After a successful evaluation, you can arrive in Canada as PR from India.
Process ForCanada PR from India
- Step 1: Take your Language Test – Proving the official languages of Canada English or French. Candidate must take language tests that are recognized by the government.
- Step 2: Create Express Profile – Apply through any one of the three federal economic immigration programs and create an express profile.
- Step 3: Complete ECA – Candidate have to get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) certificate, to prove equal status to Canadian education.
- Step 4: Apply for PNP (Optional) – This is for provincial nomination. Certificate Is acquired.
- Step 5: Get an ITA (Invitation to Apply) – Top ranked profiles are then issued an ITA for PR Visa within 60 days.
- Step 6: Complete Medical and background checkups –Mandatory requirements for Medical Certificate as well as a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Step 7: Application under Assessment – Application will be evaluated by IRCC. In this step, any requirement asked must be fulfilled.
- Step 8: Receive CoPR – After a positive result of the application, the candidate will be issued a CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident).
- Step 9: Now are able to arrive in Canada as a permanent resident from India.
Requirements For Canada PR
Before applying, candidates must apply for PNC (Provincial Nominee Class). Application forms are available on the government of Canada website.
The following steps are required:-
- Permanent resident of Canada
- Physically present in Canada
- Residency requirements are met
- Not be a Canadian citizen
- Not be convicted under the offense of misuse of a PR Card
Total Cost For Canada PR
Canada PR Visa through Express entry program from India in 2020 total cost:
Fees Submitted to Government
- Application process fee – CAD $825
- Permanent Residence(Rights) fee – CAD $500
- Including Spouse or partner – CAD $825
- Including a dependent child – CAD $225 (per child)
- IELTS exam fees – INR 14,000
- ECA fees – INR 12,000
- Medical Test Reports – INR 5,500
- Police Clearance Certificate – INR 500
Canada PR visa processing time from India is usually 6 months after you’ve received your ITA (Invitation to Apply). Canada PR processing time expires after 6 months, but it may take time for you to acquire the ITA.
Various factors affecting the processing time:
- The type of application submitted
- Incomplete application
- Easy verification of your information
- Time is taken to respond to any request or concerns
List of Documents Required
The right set of documents should be provided for Canadian immigration.
Essential Documents are:-
- ECA (Educational Credential Assessment)
- Language test results (IELTS/TOEFL)
- Education Documents (degree or certificates)
- Identity Proof
- Proof of efficient funds
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) & Medical Certificate
- A total of 67 points is required based on age, education work experience, language skills, adaptability, and the Canadian job offer.
- Your work experience must fit in the “National Occupational Classification”.
This is how the points system works:-
- Age: 12 points (maximum)
- Education: 25 points (maximum)
- Work Experience: 15 points (maximum)
- Language Skills: 28 points (maximum)
- Adaptability: 10 points (maximum)
- Arranged Employment: 10 points (maximum)
World Education Services (WES) is designed to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECAs) for degrees and diplomas earned outside of Canada to by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Educational Credential Assessment requirements can be met
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) requirements can be met
- Gain recognition in your field of education
- Submission of application
- Submission of essential documents
- Wait for credential verification.
Payment must be done before credential verification.
How much Experience Required?
Candidates must have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply, and category of work experience must be:-
- an equal amount spent in part-time
- Gained work experience by working in Canada (under temporary resident status)
You’re not eligible if:-
- Claimed refugee in Canada
- Working without authorization
- Work experience gained without temporary resident status in Canada
Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience is based on:-
- Manager level jobs (skill level 0)
- Professional jobs (skill type A)
- Technical related jobs and skilled labor (skill type B)
If you have a work permit, you do not require IELTS instead must have the job offer and the sponsorship provided by the company.
For study related issues, you require an IELTS score depending on the college requirement. Bachelors and Degree require a certain IELTS score for admission intake.
To gain PR status, it mandatory to give IELTS.
Ans. Canada is the easiest country to get a PR visa.
Ans. Most PR cards have validity for up to five years, but some are only valid for one year depending on the expiry date is printed on the card.
Ans. New Zealand has the highest Indian population with efficient job opportunities.