Canada is a well-known study destination for international students for future studies. Almost 130,000+ students are applying for Canadian Universities for studies every year. In them, most of the students are applying for Bachelors in Canada.
The annual tuition fees for a Bachelor in Canada is somewhat less than compared to European countries and USA. And also there are various fields available for students to pursue a Bachelor in Canada. However, the Bachelors in Canada are discussion-based, seminar-style classes but some bachelor degrees like Medicine, veterinary science, etc are having normal lecture-based classes at Universities.
The universities in Canada treat all students equally and also the Canadian Government ensures the safety of the students who enroll for Bachelor in Canada or any other courses in canada.
To know more details about Top Universities offering bachelor in Canada, How to apply for Bachelor in Canada, the Cost of bachelor in canada, or the IELTS requirements to do Bachelor in Canada read the below information.
Types of Bachelor degree in Canada
Bachelor’s degree is the first step for any student to choose their desired career. When students want to study bachelors abroad they have many choices to choose depending on the University. Doing a Bachelor in Canada will surely help students to gain knowledge along with best job opportunities.
There are different types of bachelors in Canada Universities like Bachelors degrees, Associate degrees, Undergraduate college Diplomas, and undergraduate College Certificates. And some of the bachelors in Canada are having 4 years duration, some have 2 years time period. And also, few Bachelor in Canada like UG College certificates are having 6-8 months of duration.
Bachelor in Veterinary Science in Canada
Veterinary Science allows students to study how to diagnose, treat, cure and prevent diseases in wild animals. There are many Universities like University of Alberta, Winnipeg University, University of Manitoba, etc that are providing Bachelor in Veterinary Science in Canada. Students who complete this Bachelor in Canada Universities will get jobs like Wildlife Consultant, Veterinary Surgeons, etc.
The average tuition fees of a Veterinary Science Bachelor in Canada is between $5000-$25,000 based on the course structure. And the total duration of a Veterinary Science Bachelor in Canada is 4 years. After completion of Bachelor in Canada in the Veterinary Science stream students can also do the Masters and Ph.D. courses.
Bachelor in Architecture in Canada
Bachelor in Architecture in Canada helps international students to gain knowledge about Design and Construction, Structural Engineering, Architectural history, rule and regulations and safety in Architecture, etc. However, the Bachelor in Canada in Architecture stream is of 3-4 years duration. And students can find this Bachelor in Canada University in the name like Bachelor in Architecture( BArch), Bachelor in Science, Bachelor in Arts. The average tuition fees for Bachelor in Canada in Architecture stream are between CAD 94,500-CAD230,000. However, the Universities like the University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, and British Columbia University are providing this Bachelor degree in Canada for International students.
Bachelor in Accounting in Canada
Bachelor in Accounting in Canada is available as a major degree along with sub-degree in courses like Bachelor’s in Commerce, Bachelor of Business Management, etc. The duration of an Accounting Bachelor in Canada is 4 years. And the Universities like Brock University, McMaster University, University of Waterloo, University of Ottawa, etc are providing Accounting Bachelors in Canada. The average tuition fees for Accounting Bachelor in Canada are between CAD 22,583 and CAD 57,020. Students who complete Accounting Bachelor in Canada are settled in jobs like Accounting Manager, Corporate Accounting Controller, Internal Senior Auditor, etc.
Bachelor in Nursing in Canada
Bachelor in Nursing in Canada is available as a regular course and accredited degree in Canadian Universities. The total duration of this Bachelor in Canada is 4 years. The Nursing stream in Bachelor in Canada is having a Clinical practice section which is an important part of the total education time. The main concept of this Bachelor’s degree in Canada is the protection of the health of people by preventing illness through treatment.
Almost 80% of registered students from Nursing Bachelor in Canada get a Nursing license within 2 years of their graduation period. Universities like Dalhousie University, University of Calgary, McMaster University, University of Ottawa, etc are providing Nursing Bachelors in Canada. The average tuition fees for Nursing Bachelor in Canada are between CAD 12,837- and CAD 56,950.
Bachelor in Law in Canada
Many Universities are providing Bachelor in law programs in Canada. And the Bachelor in Canada in Law stream is available with different names like Juris doctor, Bachelor in Civil Law, Bachelor in Justice and Society, Juris doctor+MBA, etc.
The average tuition fees for a Bachelor in Canada in Law stream is between 5.80 lakhs INR to 29.49 lakhs INR based on the University and course type. After completion of Bachelor in Canada in Law stream, students can get the jobs like Contract Manager, Lawyer, Legal Consultant, Judge Advocate, etc. Moreover, the Universities like McGill University, Queen’s University, University of Montreal, University of Alberta, etc are accepting students to study Bachelor in Canada in law stream.
Also read : SOP for Canada StudyVisa
Top Universities for Bachelors in Canada
As Canada is famous for its education, there are many top Universities providing Bachelors degrees in Canada. And many of the Universities are ranked as the best World Universities in surveys conducted by many institutions like QS Top World Universities, The Times Higher education, etc.
The following are the top Universities for international students to apply for bachelor in Canada :
|University Name||QS University Rankings-2022|
|University of Toronto||26|
|The University of British Columbia||46|
|The University of Montreal||111|
|University of Alberta||126|
|University of Ottawa||230|
|University of Calgary||235|
|University of Waterloo||149|
|Simon Fraser University||298|
|University of Manitoba||601-650|
What is a Co-op Bachelor in Canada?
Co-op education in Canada refers to Cooperation eduction. Which means students studies timetable is combined with paid work term which is official. Because of Co-op Education students will get valuable knowledge along with practical knowledge with real life work experience. However, the Universities like University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, University of Victoria, etc introduced this system for students who want to pursue Bachelors in Canada or the Master’s degree.
With the Co-operation program in Bachelors in Canada Universities will provide good work experience for students when they complete their Bachelors in Canadian Universities. But, these Co-op education courses are more expensive than the regular courses in Canadian Universities.
Popular Bachelor Courses in Canada
There are many popular Bachelor Courses in Canada as Canada is famous for its education. Courses like Veterinary Science, Arts, and Humanity, Medicine, Business Management, Media, Hotel Management, Economics, etc are part of Bachelor in Canada. But, there are few bachelors in Canada that are in high demand among the International students.
The following are the popular courses in Bachelor in Canada along with the University providing them.
|Popular Bachelor courses||University Name|
|Bachelor in Veterinary Science||University of AlbertaUniversity of ManitobaDalhousie University|
|Bachelor in Business Communication||York UniversityUniversity of CalgaryCarleton University|
|Bachelor in Hospitality Management||George Brown CollegeRoyal Roads UniversityHumber College|
|Bachelor in Architecture||University of WaterlooMcGill UniversityRyerson University|
|Bachelor in Accounting and Finance||University of British Columbia- Sauder School of BusinessUniversity of TorontoUniversity of McGill|
|Bachelor in Nursing||Humber CollegeUniversity of AlbertaQueen’s University|
|Bachelor in law||University of MontrealUniversity of OttawaSimon Fraser University|
|Bachelor in Geosciences||University of OttawaUniversity of WaterlooUniversity of Calgary|
|Bachelor in Medicine||University of Toronto|
|Bachelor in Engineering||McGill UniversityUniversity of WaterlooUniversity of Alberta|
How to apply for Bachelors in Canada
To study bachelors in Canada students need to apply for the University. For that, they need to gather the required documents, check the eligibility criteria whether they are eligible or not for the course. Moreover, students need to choose the Designated learning Universities to Pursue bachelors in Canada.
The following are the steps to apply for Canadian Universities to study bachelors in Canada.
- Step 1: Firstly, students need to choose the program that they are desired for and the intake they can apply before filling the application for Bachelor in Canada.
- Step 2: They need to search for the University where their desired course is available to complete their bachelor in Canada.
- Step 3: Next, read and Understand all the eligibility criteria and documents required to join the University to do bachelors in Canada.
- Step 4: Gather documents like Letter of recommendation, letter of Intent, Diploma Certificates, transcriptions, English proficiency level test score cards, financial support documents etc.
- Step 5: Apply in the official Website of the University and upload the documents
- Step 6: pay the application fee for the university and wait for their response.
- Step 7: Once the University selects your application form, they will send you an invitation letter to study bachelors in Canada in their University.
Cost of a Bachelor in Canada
Canada is one of the popular choices for international students to study. The average cost of studying for a Bachelor in Canada is between CAD 20,000 to CAD 30,000 which is less than compared with Universities in USA and UK. However, Engineering and Medicine, dentistry courses in Bachelor in Canada are a little bit expensive. And the least expensive bachelors in Canada are Humanities, Businesses Management.
|Bachelor program||Average Annual tuition fees ( INR)|
|Business management and Humanities||15,45,900|
|Mathematics, computers and information sciences||21,67,000|
|Visual and performing arts, Communication Technologies||16,67,000|
|Social and Behavioral Science, Legal studies||18,60,200|
|Physical Life and Life Sciences Technologies||21,17,000|
|Agriculture, Natural resources and Conservations||17,80,000|
Check out : MS in Canada
Bachelor in Canada: Admission Process
Admissions for studying a Bachelor in Canada is quite easy. The main thing is Students need to search for their dream university firstly, and later they need to open the official website of the University to know the details about the application process, documents required, etc to apply for the University.
The following is the admission process for studying bachelor in Canada.
- As Canada Universities offer education in 3 Intake periods September, February, and May students need to decide which intake period they need to join.
- Check all the details related to eligibility criteria, documents required, etc on the desired university website to apply for a Bachelor in Canada.
- Attend the exams like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, etc based on the university requirements.
- Apply in Online for the university for a bachelor in Canada.
- Later, wait for the University’s response on the application because some university authorities take the time to review the application.
- After receiving the invitation letter from the University, then proceed with the other process like applying for a Student Visa application, Interviews, etc to study bachelor in Canada.
Bachelor’s in Canada: Eligibility criteria
When students want to be admitted to the Bachelor’s in Canada, students need to know the eligibility requirements for the University they are applying to along with the documents for the verification purpose. Moreover, students can admit to Canadian Universities only when they satisfy all the eligibility criteria for a bachelor in Canada.
The following are the eligibility criteria for admitting bachelors in Canadian universities.
- Students must complete their 12th grade with at least 70% of marks.
- Along with that, students need to attend the required English proficiency level exams like IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, etc.
- The IELTS band score required to apply for Bachelor’s in Canada is 6.5
- Moreover, the TOEFL score should be between 580-600 for TOEFL PBT and a minimum of 237-250 for the TOEFL iBT exam to join Bachelor in Canada Universities.
- However, students who apply for business studies or Computers in bachelors in Canada need to have a maths subject in their 12th class.
- And students who want to join in Engineering should have maths, physics, English, and chemistry subjects in their 12th study.
- And for the Fine arts bachelor’s degree, students need to show their portfolio or any documentary presenting their creative skills in it.
Scholarships Offered by Canada Universities for Bachelors
Because of high tuition fees in International Universities many students are searching for Scholarship aids to cover their tuition fees which helps them to decrease their financial costs. However, the students who apply for Bachelors in Canada also get scholarship facilities to cover their expenses. And also many Canadian universities are providing their own scholarships for all types of educational programs like Bachelor’s in Canada, Master’s, Phd, etc.
The following are some Canadian Universities which are providing scholarships for international students who apply for Bachelors in Canada.
|University Name||Type of Scholarship||Scholarship amount|
|University of Toronto||Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships||Cover all expenses like tution fees, incidental fees,residence fees, etc for 4 years.|
|York University||York University International Student Scholarship program||$60,000-$100,000 for 4 years Bachelor’s degree|
|University of Calgary||Calgary International Entrance Scholarship||$60,000 for 4 years Bachelor’s degree|
|University of Montreal||Scholarship University of Montreal||$20,000|
|University of Ottawa||Fully Scholarship University of Ottawa||$30,000|
|Simon Fraser University||H.Y. Louie and Lohn Entrance Awards||$5,000 for 2 terms|
|University of British Columbia||UBC Vantage College Awards||Cover all expenses like tuition fees, personal expenses, etc.|
|Humber College||Humber College International Entrance Scholarship||$4,000 per year|
|University of Winnipeg||Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders||Cover all expenses like tuition fees, living expenses, books, etc.|
Bachelor degree in Canada for International students: fees
When compared, a Bachelor degree in the USA and a UK bachelor in Canada are affordable for international students. However, Canadian Universities also have a good reputation for their excellent education at low tuition fees. The average annual fee for International students to study Bachelor in Canada is between $13,000 to $20,000. However, there are some courses like Medicine, dentistry, Veterinary Science, etc in Bachelor in Canada that are expensive.
Also reads : Best Jobs after MBA in Canada
3 years Bachelor in Canada
As per the Canadian education system, students need at least 12+4 years of studies before they apply for any Master’s program. But in countries like New Zealand, India, Australia, etc the Bachelor’s degree is of 3 years duration. This has made it difficult for international students to continue their studies in Canada.
To erase these differences and provide excellent education some of the Canadian Universities introduced 3 years Bachelor in Canada. Universities like York University, Ryerson University, University of British Columbia- Sauder School of Business, etc are providing 3 years of Bachelor’s in Canada for International students. And courses like Bachelor’s in Arts, Bachelor’s in Management, BSc in Applied Computer Science, etc are part of 3 years of Bachelor in Canadian Universities.
Visa process for Bachelors in Canada
Students who want to study bachelor in Canada need to apply for a Canada Student Visa after they apply for their desired University. As per the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada survey data 2020, the Canadian Visa authority and the government is accepting almost 51% of total Visa applications. So, students who want to study for a bachelor in Canada have a great opportunity to continue their studies in Canadian Universities after applying for a Visa.
There are 2 types of Visa processes available for students who want to apply to Canadian Universities to study for a bachelor in Canada namely, paper-based application and Online application.
The following are the steps for the Canadian student Visa application process through online mode :
- Step 1: First, students need to apply for their desired University where they want to study bachelor in Canada and the University should be on the List of Designated Learning Institutes.
- Step 2: After that, students will receive an invitation letter from the University. Then check the eligibility criteria and documents required for the Visa application process to pursue a bachelor in Canada.
- Step 3: Later students can apply for a Canadian student Visa to study bachelor’s in Canada through the Online application mode on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website.
- Step 4: Upload all the required documents required for the Visa application process.
- Step 5: Along with the documents, provide the acceptance letter from the DLI or apply to University where you want to continue to study bachelor in Canada.
- Step 6: provide the documents or evidence related to financial support for your Bachelors in Canada to the Visa authority.
- Step 7: Next, provide documents related to No criminal records, Immigration certificates, Medical Insurance certificates, etc.
- Step 8: Next, pay the application fees of 150CAD Online through a Credit card to the VFS center.
- Step 9: Later, you will receive an invitation from the VFS center to do biometrics as a part of the Students Visa process to study Bachelor in Canada.
- Step 10: Finally, after completing the Visa process to study for a Bachelor in Canada, students will receive a notification from the Canadian Government to attend the interview for a Visa. Later, they will provide a temporary Study Permit for International students along with a letter of Introduction to study for a Bachelor in Canada Universities.
IELTS requirements for Bachelors in Canada
As IELTS is one of the famous English proficiency level tests, almost all the top Universities require IELTS scores from international students to accept their application forms. However, Canada is famous for its education. Many Top Universities in Canada need an IELTS score from International students to accept their request for doing any type of educational program like bachelor’s in Canada, Master’s or Post-graduation, etc. The minimum IELTS band score required by the Canadian top Universities for doing a bachelor’s in Canada is 6.5. However, there are some Universities that accept students with low IELTS band scores for doing bachelor’s in Canada.
|IELTS overall band score||IELTS Writing band score||IELTS RReading band score||IELTS speaking Band score||IELTS Listening band score.||University Name|
|An average IELTS band score of 6.5 is required and the bans score below 5.5 is not accepted||5.5||5.5||5.5||5.5||Brock University|
|An average IELTS band score of 6.5 is required and a bands score below 5.5 is not accepted.||5.5||5.5||5.5||5.5||University of Alberta|
|An average IELTS band a score of 6.0 is required and a band below 5.5 is not accepted||5.5||5.5||5.5||5.5||Comsun College|
|An average IELTS band score of 6.0 is required and a band below 5.5 is not accepted||5.5||5.5||5.5||5.5||St. Clair College|
|An average IELTS band score of 6.0 is required and a band below 5.5 are not accepted||5.5||5.5||5.5||5.5||Leth Bridge College|
|An average IELTS band score of 6.5 is required and the bans score below 5.5 is not accepted||5||5||5||5||Huron University College|
Bachelor in Canada without IELTS
Pursuing Bachelor’s in Canada need an IELTS exam qualification for international students to prove their English Proficiency levels to the Canadian Universities. But, it is not an easy task to get qualified in IELTS without good preparation. And even Candidates need a 6.5 IELTS band score to apply to Canadian University. So, many students think about how to study for a Bachelor’s in Canada without IELTS. However, there is an alternative to pursuing a Bachelor’s in Canadian University. And also Universities like the University of Concordia, the University of Winnipeg, etc accept students to do bachelor’s in Canada without IELTS.
The following are the alternative ways to study for a Bachelor’s in Canada or any other studies at a Canadian University.
- Students from English-speaking countries are exceptions for applying for bachelor’s in Canadian universities without IELTS.
- And also, students who choose English courses in the Canada Universities are also exceptional.
- As the IELTS exam is not compulsory, students who want to study for a Bachelor’s in Canada can also provide other English Proficiency Exams like TOEFL, PTE, Cambridge English Proficiency Exams, etc scores for the University.
- Moreover, if students submit evidence showing that they studied in an English medium school for at least or more than 4 years which is replaced for English Proficiency Exams are also accepted to study for Bachelors in Canada.
Ans: Yes, Canadian Universities accept a 3 years Bachelor’s degree along with a regular Bachelor in Canada. But, students need to check the University website whether they accept the application for 3 years Bachelor’s or normal bachelor’s in Canada. However, this 3 years bachelor is based on the bachelor course because not all Bachelor in Canada are having a 3 years bachelor degree.
Ans: Yes, students can do a Bachelor in Canada after Diploma. As long as students can satisfy the Canada education requirements of 12+4 years to study master, students can do their Bachelor in Canada after completion of diploma. However, some schools also transfer students diploma credits to the Universities to continue their Bachelor in Canada.
Ans: Although, 3 years bachelor in Canada are rare to see There are some Universities like York University, Ryerson University, University of British Columbia-Sauder School of Business, University of Toronto- Rotman School of Management, Schulich School of Business, etc are accepting a 3 years Bachelor’s in Canada.
Ans : Bachelors in Canada is about 3-5 years in Canadian Universities. And many bachelors in Canada are having a 4 years time period and these are equal to bachelor programs in countries like the USA and UK. All the Bachelor in Canada are globally recognised.