Australia has grown to be a top choice for many Indian students who want to study abroad. The demand for qualified personnel in the hotel management sector has multiplied as the industry grows on a global scale. There are numerous hotel management schools throughout Australia that provide a wide range of degree and diploma programmes.
Read along to know everything about Hotel Management Courses in Australia!
Why study hotel management courses in Australia?
- Australia has been one of the top nations for many years, working hard to develop and promote its hospitality and tourism sector. Travelers may swiftly search through applications and websites to find hotels and tourist attractions using clever internet navigation.
- The nation is naturally endowed with beaches, mountains, and exotic animals to find at every turn; it’s not only the hard effort put into the hospitality and tourism sector.
- Australia, which has a history in hotel management affairs, gives students the chance to participate in their Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in the field. For obvious reasons, their degrees are respected and recognised all around the world. Undergraduate and graduate programmes in hotel management are available in Australian universities and colleges.
- After finishing the programme, you can apply for one of the thousands of new jobs that have become available in this faraway country.
Also read : Why Study in Australia
Top Hotel Management Universities in Australia
The enormous diversity of hotel management-related courses that Australia’s leading institutions offer is another factor contributing to the degree’s enormous popularity. Millions of students from around the world are undoubtedly drawn to it.
Universities that provide these programmes are specialized institutions that educate students and assist them in understanding the professionalism and every nuance of the field. When students complete their coursework, they are prepared to work in the field.
Check out the list below for best Hotel management Universities in Australia:
The Hotel School, Sydney & Melbourne
Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School
Hotel Management Course Fees in Australia
Various are being offered by the Australian universities in the domain of Hotel management. It is important for students to choose a course after considering the fees and curriculum.
Check out the courses offered by the Australian Universities for Hotel Management:
|Courses Offered||Fees In AUD|
|Masters in International Hotel Management||$46,200|
|Masters of International Tourism and Hotel Management||$52,800|
|Masters in International Hotel Management (Swiss Hotel Associates)||$46,380|
|Masters of Tourism, Hotel and Event Management||$84,544|
|Masters in International Tourism and Hospitality Management||$63,000|
|Diploma of Hospitality Management||$31,500|
|Bachelor of Tourism and Events||$29,500|
Application Process to Study Hotel Management
The application process for hotel management varies slightly among universities. In February, June, and November, applications are accepted for master’s degree programmes in hotel management.
Bachelor’s degree holders should note the dates in their calendars after checking the real dates of the respective colleges’ webpages. On the university’s website where they have decided to study hotel management, students can submit their applications online.
Naturally, the institutions also request a few extra documents in addition to the application. Check it again on the website as well.
Documents Required to Study Hotel Management Courses In Australia
Mention below are some of the documents required to study hotel management courses in Australia :
- Academic transcripts of your 10th and 12th standard.
- English translation of non-English transcripts and documents
- Score of English proficiency test: IELTS/ PTE/ TOEFL
Eligibility criteria for Hotel Management Courses in Australia
Check out the table below for eligibility criteria for Hotel Management Courses in Australia:
|University||Eligibility Requirement||Minimum IELTS Score Required|
|Griffith University||Minimum GPA of 4.0 in Bachelor’s Degree||6.5|
|Torrens University||Bachelor’s degree or Postgraduate certificate/diploma with three years of managerial experience, Over 21 years of age||6.0|
|Southern Cross University||Minimum GPA of 4.0 on a scale of 7.0||6.5|
|Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School||Bachelor’s degree or Postgraduate certificate/diploma with three years of managerial experience, Over 21 years of age||6.0|
|The Hotel School||Bachelor’s Degree||6.5|
|International College of Hotel Management||Bachelor’s degree or Graduate Certificate/Diploma||6.0|
|The University of Queensland||Bachelor’s degree in an event, hospitality, hotel or tourism; Minimum GPA of 4.5||6.5|
Scholarships for Hotel Management Courses in Australia
Despite being one of the most costly nations, Australia remains a popular destination for students, owing to the numerous scholarship programmes given by the government and institutions. Scholarships may be awarded to both domestic and foreign students based on merit or need.
Mention below are some of the scholarships offered in Australia :
University Specific Scholarship
- Coffs Coast International Women’s Day Female Postgraduate Scholarship: Scholarship is available to female students enrolled in any post-graduate degree at the institution. The scholarship is worth 2,500 AUD for one year.
- International Advancement Scholarship : This scholarship is available to any undergraduate or postgraduate student. The scholarship is worth 8000 AUD. The sum will be deducted from the fees and distributed based on academic performance.
- Here to educate: The scholarship provides a fee reduction of 20%. It is solely available to overseas students.
- Three Pillars Scholarship Blue Mountains International Hotel Management: This scholarship is exclusively available to overseas students participating in hotel management programmes, and it is worth up to 30% of tuition.
- Alfred and Olivia Wynne Memorial Scholarship : This scholarship is given to both domestic and international students who have just enrolled in college. The scholarship is worth roughly 3000 AUD per year and is awarded based on students’ merit and financial requirements.
- Neil Brice Memorial Fund : The award is available to financially disadvantaged students and is worth roughly 1000 AUD. This initiative is open to both domestic and international students.
- UQ Sports Scholarship Ambassador Program : This scholarship is given to students who are members of a national or international sports team. Amount of the scholarship fluctuate according to the athlete’s needs.
Check out : Master in Australia
Government Funded Scholarship
Australian Awards : This is a government-funded scholarship that covers all student expenditures such as housing, transportation, and tuition. Student should be at least 18 years old to be eligibile for this award
Destination Australia programme : The Destination Australia programme is open to both domestic and foreign students. Every year, around 1000 students get a 15,000 AUD scholarship.
Jobs after Hotel Management courses in Australia
A candidate with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in hotel management has thousands of job options available to them. Different labels come in various packages.
Following graduation in hotel management you can work in following job roles:
- Hotel Manager
- Event Manager
- Catering Manager
- Accommodation Manager
- Sales Manager
- Duty Manager
In conclusion, the hotel management courses in Australia are highly lucrative. It is a coveted course all the around the world. However, Australian universities provide with specialized courses which provide an edge to students over others.
Do you wish to pursue Hotel Management courses in Australia? Get your profile evaluated for free. Book a session with counsellors at Admitkard to get best advice.
Ans: Many highly regarded hotel management schools can be found in Australia, including the International Center for Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education, Charles Darwin University, and the University of Queensland, among others.
Ans: In Australia, a hotel manager makes a yearly income of $103,768.
Ans: The top and easiest hotel management courses are all available. You can learn them through certificate, degree, or diploma programmes. The length of each course varies.
Ans: You can complete a full-time Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHM & CT) programme in 4 years.