MS in Data science from Ireland is an amazing option for students looking to study abroad. Data is like fuel for so many companies around the world. This makes MS in Data Science a sought after course in this time in the history.
Usually, MS in Data Science from Ireland takes 1 to 1.5 years to complete a full time programme. Moreover, Part-time courses are also available which last between 2-3 years.
Additionally, MS in Data science is often available as a Computer Science specialization in Ireland. Ireland is good study abroad destination for Indian students because the medium of instruction is English. Therefore, if you wish to pursue Masters in Data science then you should consider Irish Universities.
Read along to know everything about MS in Data Science!
Why Study MS In Data Science In Ireland?
MS in Data Science in Ireland gives you a strong foothold in any company that manages vast amounts of data. This course is a blend of computer and information investigation, allowing you to work as a Software Developer or simply as a Data Scientist.
You should study MS in Data Science in Ireland due to following reasons:
- Data Science and Data analytics feature amongst the top 5 most in demand skills in the world according to CIO survey Report of 2019. Therefore, Data scientists are highly valued and their jobs are very rewarding.
- There are 8 universities which are placed in the QS world rankings which offer Data science courses.
- After completion of a 2 year course in Data Science, an additional 2 year work visa is also given to students.
- Students also get the opportunity to work in 28 EU countries.
- Employment after completing Data science is promising being 92%.
- It has been estimated that there will be 21,000 more vacancies for Data science and analytics.
- Some of the top companies, like Google, Meta, Pfizer, and Apple, are headquartered in Ireland. Students studying data science have the chance to benefit from the thriving commercial environment.
- Ireland is an English speaking country so you can easily take advantage of being educated in English in India.
Top Universities For MS In Data Science In Ireland
Check the table below of the top universities in Ireland for MS in data science, together with their programme prices and duration, based on the Times Higher Education world rankings for 2022:
|S.no.||THE Ranking 2020||University||Program Offered||Duration||Program Fees (in USD)|
|1.||164||Trinity College Dublin||MS in Computer Science (Data Science strand)||Full time: 1 year||25,758|
|2.||201 – 250||University College of Dublin||MS Data Analytics (Online – Part-time)||Online, Part-time: 3 years||21,322|
|3.||251 – 300||National University of Ireland Galway||MS in Computer Science (Data Analytics)||Full time: 1 year||23,499|
|4.||301 – 350||Maynooth University||MS in Data Science and Analytics||Conversion Course: 1 year||16,132|
|5.||301||University College Cork||MS in Data Science and Analytics||Full time: 1 year||19,359|
|6.||601||Dublin City University||Masters in Computing (Data Analytics)||Full time: 1 year: Part-time: 2 years||7,528|
|7.||801||Technological University Dublin||MSc in Computing (Data analytics Major)||Full time: 1.5 years||23,638|
|8.||–||Institute of Technology, Carlow||Master of Science in Data Science||Full time: 1 year||23,392|
Check out : Masters in Data Science in USA
Admission Procedure For MS In Data Science in Ireland
International students seeking an MS in Data Science from an Irish university must meet slightly different entrance requirements than Irish students. It is always a good idea to look at the official websites of the universities offering the programme to be sure of all the university-specific admission requirements and the procedure.
For international students interested in pursuing MS in Data science from Ireland, read the sections below to gain knowledge about essentials of the application process and prerequisites.
How to apply for MS in Data Science in Ireland?
Given below is a step-by-step guide to effectively submit your application:
- Select your University: Applicants must select the university where they wish to study.
- Apply for the University : After selecting, submit an application to the Postgraduate Application Center before the deadlines. There may be a 55-dollar application fee.
- Prepare Documents: Along with the application, scanned copies of the needed documents must be uploaded on the website.
- Follow deadlines: Every year, the application period for overseas students is available until early November.
Documents Required for MS in Data Science in Ireland
- English proficiency proofs (TOEFL/IELTS): Test scores that relate whether the student is competent to speak in the English language.
- Application form: Details of academic history, extra-curricular activities, and employment.
- Academic Transcripts: Records of recently passed out exams from the respective institutions.
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Degree certificates: Certificates of the examination passed by the candidate.
- A copy of the valid recent passport.
Academic Requirements for MS in Data Science in Ireland
- Proof of English Proficiency: IELTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Mathematics
- Minimum 60% marks at the undergraduate level.
- Mathematical and statistical problem-solving skills
MS In Data Science In Ireland Course Curriculum
Subjects like Vision technology, intelligent systems, data science, and graphics are included in the course curriculum of Master’s degree in Data science. Students are prepared to work in data-driven sectors such as healthcare, information technology, finance, and transportation as technologists.
In order to provide relevant insights for a company’s growth one must choose to do a degree course in Data Science. It gives you in-depth knowledge of data collection and storage As a result, the course is divided into two or three semesters, with a dissertation project in the end.
In Ireland, you will study the following modules in your course curriculum:
- Semester 1: Data Analytics, Scalable Computing, Research Methods, and Innovation are covered in Term 1 (Machine Learning).
- Semester 2: Data Analysis Optimization Algorithms, Security and Privacy, Data Visualization, and Applied Statistical Modeling.
- Semester 3 : You’ll work on your Dissertation.
Cost of Studying MS in Data Science in Ireland
International Students looking to study in Ireland must consider Pre- arrival and Post arrival cost beforehand to calculate the over all estimated budget.
Check out the table below for Cost of living in Ireland:
Pre arrival cost
|Type of expenses||Expenses (in USD)|
|Visa Application fees (One-time)||80|
|Application fee||55 (approx)|
Post- arrival cost
|Type of expenses||Monthly Expenses (in USD)|
|Utilities and internet||120|
|Total Expenses (approx)||1433|
Also read : MS in Data Science in Germany
Visa Requirements For International Students
As MS in Data Science lasts more than a year, students must apply for an Irish D-type study visa.
- Apply for a visa at least 3 months before your planned travel in Ireland.
- Apply through the Naturalization and Immigration Service of Ireland’s official website.
- Ireland has a visa acceptance rate of 99 percent for international students.
- Applicants shall show that they have sufficient funds to support themselves during their studies.
- Ireland does not require visa interviews. However, visa officials may make a request for it occasionally.
Scholarships for MS in Data Science In Ireland
Despite the fact that Ireland is less expensive than other popular study destinations, the cost of an MS in Data science in Ireland is more than in India. In such circumstances, financial assistance is offered by Irish universities to reduce the expense of studies and living abroad.
Check out the table below for available Scholarships for ms in data science in Ireland:
|1.||Centenary Scholarship Program||Dublin Institute of Technology||International students with first-class in honours||50% of the tuition fee of the program|
|2.||Max Arthur Macauliffe Special Merit Scholarship||National University of Ireland, Galway||Indian students’ excellent records in academics||Complete fee waiver|
|3.||Sir Peter Freyer Special Merit Scholarship||National University of Ireland, Galway||Selected Indian students||15,09 USD|
|4.||Maynooth University Scholarships||Maynooth University||International students applying for postgraduate programs||1200-3,440 USD/academic year|
|5.||UCD Scholarships||University College Dublin||International students applying for postgraduate programs||50% of tuition fees|
Also read : Top Colleges for MS in Data Science in the UK
Job Prospects After Completing MS in Data science in Ireland
Job prospects after doing MS in Data Science in Ireland are bright. Students with strong computational skills, a mathematics background do very well in this field. Graduates with a Data Science degree from Ireland have a wide range of professional options.
Check out the table below for career options:
|Financial Services||Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Bank of Ireland, PWC|
|Specialist Software Development Houses||Apple, Cisco, Citi tech, Turbine|
|Manufacturing Companies||Enterprise Ireland, IB|
|Telecom Companies||BT, Ericsson, Trend Micro|
SOP For Ireland
SOP is also required for the students in order to get themselves admitted into their desired University located in Ireland in order to study Masters in Data Science. Therefore, a statement of purpose at the initial admission stage must be written by the applicant.
SOP mainly comprises of the document answering questions completely based on the students’ academic achievements and other achievements.
Do you want to study MS Data Science in Ireland? Get your profile evaluated for free and book a counselling session with experts at AdmitKard today!
✅ Is Ireland good for MS in data science?
Ans: Ireland is one of the best nations in Europe to study data science. In Ireland, there is a lot of competition to study data science. This emphasises the importance of applicants preparing thoroughly.
✅ Is data science in demand in Ireland?
Ans: There is 231% increase in demand for data scientists in the UK alone, but there’s also been a huge wave of research and IT companies on the other side of the Irish Sea.
✅ Is GRE required for MS in Ireland?
Ans: In Ireland, the GRE is not required for any master’s degree programmes. If you have an excellent GRE score, it is a good idea to inform the universities to which you are applying.
✅ How do I become a data analyst in Ireland?
Ans: Employers often require individuals to have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field for entry-level data analyst positions. Candidates with non-related degrees, on the other hand, may be considered if they have relevant abilities from prior work or volunteer experience.