For the MS’s degree, the USA is the most preferred choice and an option for Indian students as the United States of America is one of the most developed countries and a job creator centre for any aspirant who is willing to settle in the dynamic country as well.
The USA is amongst the most preferred destinations for quality education around the world. USA houses a portion of the world’s best schools with remarkable science programs; settling on MS in the USA is a mainstream decision among students. Universities of the USA tops the list when it comes to innovation and research and guarantees that the best resources are open to their students. The USA conveys not just a variety of instructive and work openings yet additionally a wide scope of cultural foundations.
Table of Contents
Why study MS in USA?
Following are some reasons why you should pursue your MS from USA:
- If students work part-time while pursuing a Masters degree in the United States, they can make $500 to $1200 per month.
- Nearly 70% of the top 50 institutions in the world are located in the United States, and Master of Science degrees are quite popular.
- For every MS course, the curriculum is organised into pre-requisites, core sections, and electives. As a result, it expands the possibility of pursuing research-based MS by more than 30%.
- The average scholarship provided to students seeking an MS at any of the colleges in the United States is $10,000 USD for one year.
Check Out: Affordable colleges in USA
Best MS courses in USA
The best MS courses are available in the following courses in USA:
- Business Administration Management.
- Computer science and Information technology.
- Medicine and Life sciences.
- Art and culture
Eligibility For MS in USA For Indian Students
To be eligible for MS in USA, there are various requirements that needs to be fulfilled, the eligibility requirements fr MS in USA are as follows:
- You must have 16 years of previous schooling.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum GPA of 3.0 – 3.5, or 80 – 89 percent.
- GRE scores are extremely significant, and you should aim for a score of at least 300.
- The results of English language proficiency examinations will be taken into consideration.
- 79 on the TOEFL is the minimum score required.
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 is required.
Documents required for MS in USA
The following list shows the documents required for MS in USA for Indian students:
- Official transcripts for Bachelors
- Statement of purpose
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of funds
- Health insurance
- Copy of Passport
Check Out: PhD in USA
Top Universities For MS in USA For Indian students
The following table discusses the top Universities in USA for MS for Indian students:
- Harvard University
- University of California Berkeley (UCB)
- Stanford University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Columbia University
- Yale University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Princeton University
- New York University (NYU)
MS Fees in USA
The following table discusses the fees for MS in top universities of USA:
|Average Annual Fees
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
|University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
|26,000 to 72,000 USD
|University of Pennsylvania
|53,000 to 72,000 USD
|43,000 to 72,500 USD
Cost For MS in USA for Indian Students
The cost for MS includes various pre-arrival and post-arrival costs like fees for different exams, cost of living, accommodation and more.
The average cost of MS in the USA for private universities will vary from $25,000-$50,000. If we convert it to Indian currency, students are supposed to pay approximately in the range of INR 17 lakhs–33 lakhs for MS in private universities.
The following table discusses the pre-arrival cost for MS in USA:
|Types of expense
|Amount in USD
|GRE Exam Fee
|State University Fee
|Private University Fee
The following table discusses the post-arrival cost for MS in USA:
|Types of expenses
|90 to 150 USD
|Rent of Apartment
|1000 to 2,000 USD
|450 to 700 USD
|300 to 600 USD
|100 to 300 USD
Check Out: Top Universities for MS in USA
Scholarships For MS in USA for Indian students
There are a number of scholarships for Indian students who are highly capable academicians and deserve encouragement in terms of monetary support and institutional recognition.
The following table discusses the scholarships available for MS in USA:
|Fulbright Student Program
|Grant funds tuition, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance
|New York University Wagner Scholarship
|25,000 USD to 47,000 USD
|University of Oregon Scholarships
|7,500 USD to 30,000 USD
|Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship
|50% of grant and 50% loan is offered to students from developing countries
|Clark University Scholarships
|20,000 USD to 25,000 USD
|Iowa State University Scholarships
|Up to 10,000 USD
|East Tennessee State University
|11,500 USD per year
Jobs after MS in USA
MS students are fearful of the numerous employment that will be available to them after 3 or 5 weeks after their admittance. On-campus employment or university relationships with numerous firms are both options for finding work. In the United States, job opportunities may be found on LinkedIn or Indeed. Job hunting can also be simplified by attending annual job fairs. In the United States, students can earn up to $74,000 USD after completing their master’s degree.
The following table discusses the average salary after MS in USA:
|Average Annual Salary (USD)
|Radio Engineer, Systems Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer
|MS in Electrical Engineering
|Marketing Manager, Marketing Specialist, Marketing Director
|MS in Marketing
|Information Technology Manager, Systems Administrator, Software Developer
|MS in Information Systems
|Healthcare Consultant, Research Associate, Health Educator
|MS in Public Health
|Mechanical Engineer, Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer
|MS in Mechanical Engineering
|Project Manager, Program Manager, Industrial Engineer
|MS in Engineering Management
Ans. Here are the subjects in MS In Computer Science in the USA:
1. Artificial Intelligence
2. Machine Learning
3. Data Science & Analytics
Ans. For an Indian student, 16-year of formal education is mandatory to be eligible to apply for a master’s program in Computer Science in the USA.
Ans. When compared to other graduate programs, those with a Master’s in Computer Science see an increase in their annual salary by as much as $30,000.
Ans. The average tuition fee for a two-year master’s program will be around $40,000.
Ans. Here is the list of best courses in MS:
1. MS in Computer Science
2. MS in Embedded Systems
3. MS in Wireless Communications
4. MS in Power Engineering
5. MS in Management Information Systems
6. MS in Game Design and Development
7. MS in Petroleum Engineering
8. MS in Life Sciences
Ans. Postgraduates in MS CS are offered cushy average salaries of around 64,111 USD/annum.
Ans. Depends on what you are looking for from the masters’ program, if you aspire to play professional roles in the field of business and entrepreneurship you should consider an MBA, while on the other hand, an MS degree enhances a single-specialty like Artificial Intelligence or Machine learning.
Ans. Jobs in the USA are abundant but you should have the right qualifications for it and an MS in computer science makes you the right fit for these jobs.