Canada Student Visa Process
To study in Canada, it is necessary for all the students to have student authority and visa. The visa process is quite long and takes time. It takes a minimum of 4-6 weeks for a visa to be processed. This article will guide you about the Canada Student Visa Process. Students who meet the minimum requirements can apply for admission to Canadian institutes.
Canada Student Visa Process Step by Step
Canada Student Visa process is a bit long process and can take time. It is essential for students to follow each step carefully and ensure that there should not be any room for error in their applications and documents are accurate and complete. The main catch of studying in Canada is that students can only apply for a Canada visa only after getting admission in one of the University or college and paying its fee in advance.
This article will list the Canada student visa process step by step.
Step 1: Apply for Admission in College/University
Step 2: Pay Tuition Fee
Step 3: Purchase of GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate)
Step 4: Undertake Medicals
Step 5: Visa Lodgement
Step 6: Visa Outcome
Canada Student Visa Processing Time
The whole admission process can take a time of 6 months. Generally, after getting a letter of acceptance, students are requested to pay the admission fee at the college. This takes a month or two. After the admission is finalised and fees have been paid. Students need to buy a guarantee certificate of $10,200.
After this student can apply for Canadian Visa. With all the necessary documents student can file for student permit and visa. On an average Canada student, the visa process time is 4 weeks.
- The complete admission process may take up to 6 months
- After securing a seat in college, students can pay the admission fee
- Students also need GIC to cover them up for their expenses
- Canada student visa process takes 4 weeks generally
Canada Student Visa Processing Time Under SPP
The student partner program is called SPP. SPP is an arrangement between the Canadian High Commission in India and selected Canadian Educational institutes. The main aim of SPP is to make the Student visa process easier and faster for the students.
Under the SPP program, after getting selected at a partner institute and meeting requirements, students are automatically enrolled in the SPP. Now SPP has been replaced by Student Direct Stream (SDS). Canada Student Visa Processing Time Under SPP/SDS is around 10 days.
- The joint arrangement between the Canadian High Commission in India and selected Canadian Educational institutes
- SPP makes visa processing fast and easy
- SPP is now replaced by SDS
- The student visa is processed within 10 days under SDS
Canada Study Visa Apply Online
Students are required to create an account online on the official Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) visa website, by applying online students need to upload the necessary documents and fill the form online. The fee of CAD 150 has to be paid online via credit or debit card for student permit and CAD 85 for biometrics. Students also need to provide biometrics and schedule an interview for the visa in some cases.
- Students need to make an account on Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
- Upload necessary documents and fill online form
- A fee of CAD$150 is to be paid
- Biometric is also needed and attracts a fee of CAD$ 85
Canada Student Visa Processing Time After Medical
Students who are going to study in Canada need proof of medical fitness. Medical fitness is essential so as to know about the medical history of the student and his current physical fitness. Students need to provide medical proof attested by registered medical personnel.
Generally, it takes around 4 weeks if everything goes well after providing a medical report.
Students can check the status of their application by visiting the CIC website.
- Student need proof of medical fitness
- Visa application requires a medical certificate
- It takes about 4 weeks to get medical test results
- Students can check the status of their application on the CIC website
Canada Student Visa Process From India
Canada Visa process from India can be done by using by Student Direct Stream (SDS).
SDS helps Indian students to apply for student permit and visa easily and reduces the overall processing time for visa and makes it fast. Under SDS, a visa application can be completed in 20 days.
Step 1: Apply for Admission in College/University – Apply in desired colleges to obtain an acceptance letter.
Step 2: Pay Tuition Fee- Upon receiving an acceptance letter, pay the admission fee.
Step 3: Purchase of GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate)- GIC is required to cover for living expenses.
Step 4: Undertake Medicals- Students need to take the medical test under certified medical practitioners.
Step 5: Visa Lodgement- Submit visa application online or offline by providing various documents
Step 6: Visa Outcome – Wait for the final acceptance or denial.
Documents required for Canada Student Visa
Students need to have all the necessary documents to apply for a Canada Visa. Passport is the primary document. Other relevant documents include school/college transcripts, proof of English proficiency, Medical certificate, Acceptance letter from prospective University, Guaranteed Investment Certificate, Police verification certificate, and other essential documents.
Below is the list of documents required for Canada Student Visa –
- Education certificates (from matriculation)
- Passport size photographs
- GIC certificate
- Unconditional offer letter
- Tuition fees receipt
- Medical receipt
- Valid Passport which should have an expiry date after your completion of course
- IELTS report card
- Family information form and student form
- You can also add LOR and SOP in Visa application