Admission essays are a way of explaining your profile to the admissions committee. It is a kind
of a personal essay which exhibits your capabilities and your achievements to the admissions
committee. It is necessary to keep in mind that an admission essay is important and it should be
written in a proper structure and format. It should be checked thoroughly for any spelling or
The essay should be properly divided in paragraphs. It should be planned out in advance and
you should first make notes of the structure. The points should then be expanded and
everything should be described properly. You should explain all the other related points such as
academic achievements and any other research that you might have carried out and its
An admission essay should also mention about your practical experience such as internships
and work experience. You should be able to mention in detail the skills that you have acquired
and how these will help you out in the future. The essay should describe how and why the
program that you have chosen will impact your future and make it better.
Your admission essay should be both descriptive and engaging. It should not be monotonous
because the readers might lose interest which might hamper your chances of admission. You
should be able to mention all the relevant details in the essay while avoiding anything that just
makes the essay unnecessarily long. It is advised that you spellcheck and evaluate the
grammar of your essay.
● Make sure that you are following a structure and don’t add random paragraphs.
● The order of the paragraphs should be according to your career timeline.
● You can describe one milestone at time and mention all the details regarding it.
● You should list out your academic achievements.
● You should also list your professional achievements.
● Your extracurricular and sports participation should be mentioned.
● You should briefly explain your reasons for opting the course.
● You should mention your short-term and long-term career goals.
● You should describe how your desired [program will impact your goals.
● You should carefully revise and recheck your essay.
Since admission essays are very important for your application, you should write your essays
with utmost care. You should keep in mind that the admissions committee will judge you on the
basis of your essay. Most universities abroad require you to write an essay for your application
and hence it is necessary for you to know and understand the characteristics of a good essay
for your study abroad application.
● Your essay is your first impression, so make sure it is excellent.
● It is important to write the outline in the notes first so that you don't miss out
● Mention only the relevant points and not unnecessary information just to make
the essay long.
● You should mention the truth in your essays and avoid listing any false
● You should mention your extracurricular achievements as they make your profile
● It is advised to mention about your academic research and research papers.
● Mention anything related to community service but not just for the sake of it.
● You should clearly state out your reasons for your interest.
● Mention your backstory if it is related to your course and make your essay strong.
● You should check and evaluate your essay carefully before sending it.
No Comments Here.