What is an Admission essay?
Admission Essays are mainly the reasons to learn from a course, company or university before applying for it. Admission essays help to grab the greatest opportunity by distinguishing from others. It is believed that good grades are the main criteria for getting admission in a top school, but with so many students scoring good grades, admission essay is the only way to highlight yourself among others. It provides an opportunity to showcase your uniqueness to the admission committee. It demonstrates your writing skills and organising the thought coherently.
- Mention how you can contribute to bringing honour and success to the institution.
- Be clear about your personality in the essay.
- Mention your qualities and what makes you different from others.
- Write everything with specific details.
- The writing style should be up to the level of the institution applied for.
Essay Writing Samples
Essays are the ways to represent a writer’s opinion along with the information and admission essays follows the same motive. There is no standard format for admission essays, it varies as per the requirement of the institution. These essays contain questions which help the universities to choose the candidates perfectly suited for their program.
- The essay should be professional in nature.
- Hashtags or emojis are strictly prohibited.
- Never mention your name in the header or the footer of the essay.
- Abbreviations should be avoided.
Here are 2 Samples for Essay Writing-
GRE Essay Samples
While a lot of documents are required to apply for a course and admission essay is one of the most important out of them. In the process of admission, the GRE exam is conducted. It begins with the GRE Essay section which involves writing two essays and the allotted time is 30 minutes for each.
- The maximum score of the GRE exam is 6.0 which is scored by 1% of all the total students as per the ETS report.
- Top schools only prefer students who score above 4.0 in the GRE exam.
- The 30 min time allotted for each essay is fixed even if anyone finishes beforehand.
Here are 2 Samples for GRE Essay -
IELTS Essay samples
IELTS is an exam which is taken by the students who want to study in a country where English is the main language for communication. IELTS is highly accepted in Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and the USA. The exam is divided into four sections and one of them is essay writing.
- The time allotted for each essay is 30 min each.
- The minimum word limit for each essay is 250 words.
- Each body paragraph has to include the topic sentence, supporting sentences and development sentences including data, examples and experience.
Here are 2 Samples for IELTS Essay -
SAT Essay Samples
SAT means Scholastic Assessment Test, which is administered by the College Board. The SAT exam is for those students who want to take admission in undergraduate schools. This exam is mostly applicable in the U.S. and Canada. The SAT exam consists of reasoning which includes the essay section.
- Candidates will have to attempt 155 questions including the essay.
- The total time limit for the exam is 3hrs and 50mins.
- The essay section contains 1 essay and the time allotted for it is 50 min.
Here are 2 Samples for SAT Essay -
PTE Essay Samples
PTE means Pearson Test of English, it is a test conducted for the English language. PTE is conducted fully computer-based. It is accepted by lots of institutions in the U.K, U.S, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and Ireland. PTE requires you to write an essay of a minimum of 200 words.
- A prompt topic is given to the candidates for writing the essay.
- The time limit for the essay is 20 minutes.
- The total time limit for the exam is 3 hours.
Here are 2 Samples for PTE Essay -