Europe is one of the oldest countries who are providing education since ages. The universities there are very different from other countries in terms of language, lifestyle and living costs.
Let us see why one should opt Europe for abroad education
- Careers – Studying in Europe gives you so many career opportunities at one go. As Europe gives its student excellent and elite education along with larger than life placements. In the European universities you get the skills, knowledge and experience like an employer.
- World class education – education in Europe is hard to afford but it is worth it. Each university has top class facilities; they support innovation and creativity and help you to reach your true potential.
- Language – in the EU there are more than 24 official languages used. It gives the student an exposure to their choice language courses and along with that living in a diverse environment of different languages and cultures.
- Support – the people of Europe are very friendly and welcoming, they instantly become your friends to make you feel at home. It is 7 of the 10 happiest countries in the world
- Vast cultural experience – as mentioned above there are so many cultures co – existing which lead the students to learn so much more apart from the books. Apart from the beautiful universities you will find breath – taking and beautiful landscapes of snow and sun.
- Scholarships and costs – the European countries try their best to make the education affordable to the students by giving them various scholarships, they don’t compromise with the quality of education and rather give the students a good number of options to get through with the accommodation and tuition charges.
- Diversity – the European countries give the students immense amount of streams to choose from 100,000 of bachelor’s and master’s degree.
- Pioneering research – the universities in Europe have good amount of courses in the field of research. Around 1.58 million researchers are present in the EU – 27 2009. Hence in a few years there has been growth of jobs in the field of research. In around 30 European countries, the international students take admission. Each country has its own higher education system but they’re a part of EHEA (European Higher Education Area). This system helps to ensure that the other higher education systems are working fine and compatible. Most of the study programmes include lectures, classes and the assessment is done through essays, exams and projects. Many universities also include industry related field work as the projects to give the students a wholesome experience of practical work and theory. There are three different degrees international students can take
- Bachelor’s Degree – the full time courses in Europe are 3 to 4 years long, you need to have some qualification before you get into the university hence you need to check that list first also bachelor’s degree are highly regarded by the employers and help you to develop your career.
- Masters Degree – the master’s degree courses are usually 1 to 2 years long. For the masters application the student needs to show the bachelor’s degree or any undergraduate qualification. There are many masters’ courses which give the students an option to do independent research along with the studies and therefore creating a thesis out of the research.
- Ph.D. degree – the PhD degree in Europe lasts from 3 to 4 years. The courses involve a lot of independent research and study on a particular subject. Europe gives all the top facilities to research about several subjects and gain a PhD degree from renowned university. European universities offer various kinds of subjects to choose from, here is a list of them Astrophysics Biotechnology Business Chemical engineering Football management Geography History Information technology Green energy management International relations Language Law Literature Medicine Sociology Teaching Tourism Zoology Most of the study programmes is designed in a modular structure. It means the student can make their own personalized programme by choosing different modules each year. For example – if the student is studying fashion, they can choose one module for Fashion marketing, one for Textile Design, and one for Ethical Textile Production.
Let us take a look at the top universities of Europe with its ranking
Universities in Austria – University of Vienna (77th in Europe, 175th in the world) Vienna University of Technology (89th in Europe , 199th in the world) Universität Innsbruck (122nd in Europe , 279th in the world) Technische Universität Graz (162nd in Europe, 363rd in the world) Johannes Kepler University Linz (198th in Europe, 456th in the world)
Universities in Belgium KU Leuven (27th in Europe , 81st in the world) Ghent University (54th in Europe , 138th in the world) Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) (70th in Europe, 165th in the world) Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) (83rd in Europe, 188th in the world) University of Antwerp (97th in Europe, 223rd in the world)
Universities in France Paris Sciences et Lettres Research University (PSL) (11th in Europe , 50th in the world) Ecolé Polytechnique (19th in Europe, 65th in the world) Sorbonne University (22nd in Europe, 75th in the world) CentraleSupélec (53rd in Europe, 137th in the world) Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon (64th in Europe , 153rd in the world)
Top Universities in Germany Technische Universität München (16th in Europe, 61st in the world) Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (17th in Europe, 62nd in the world) Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg ( 18th in Europe, 64th in the world) Kit, Karlsruher Institut Für Technologie (40th in Europe , 116th in the world) Humboldt-Universität Zu Berlin (44th in Europe , 121st in the world)
Universities in Italy Politecnico di Milano (66th in Europe , 156th in the world) Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna Pisa (72nd in Europe , 167th in the world) Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa (77th in Europe , 175th in the world) University of Bologna (80th in Europe , 180th in the world) Sapienza University of Rome (94th in Europe, 217th in the world)
Scholarships and grants
There are more than 100,000 scholarships available for international students to pursue. Some of them cover the tuition fees while some of them cover both the tuition fees and the living cost. In case of a master’s degree the European Union offers scholarships for Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees. Erasmus+ provides funding for 3 – 12 month exchange and study programme. As a part of this programme students don’t need to pay for the tuition fees. On Scholarship Portal many students find their dream university for free, it is a database for more than 1000 scholarships. There are many other scholarships to back the students up for their tuition fees and living expenses. Europe is a vast continent and the universities situated all over the place provide the international students opportunities which no other country or continent can ever give. Also there are good number of scholarships which the students can obtain on need basis or merit and study in Europe cost effectively.