KEAM, also known as Kerala Engineering, Architecture, and Medical Examination, is a state-level examination for admission to varied professional degree courses like B.Tech/B, Pharma/B.Arch offered by the participating institutes within the state of Kerala. It’s executed by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala. The exam is split into two papers, paper-1 and paper-2, which takes place on two consecutive days.
However, for admission to a Medical course, one needs to apply and qualify NEET- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) and be an applicant of KEAM. Similarly, if a candidate wants to be considered for allotment in the Architecture course, the qualification in NATA (National Aptitude Test) is required, together with being an applicant of KEAM. Submission of application and supporting documents for KEAM is feasible in online mode only, by accessing the CEE website – www.cee.kerala.gov.in
Check Out: Keam Rank List
Table of Contents
KEAM 2020 exam was scheduled to be held on 20th and 21st April 2020. But unfortunately, due to the Corona Virus Disease, the exam has been postponed. The announcement of new dates will be made on www.cee.kerala.gov.in soon. The paper-1 of the KEAM consists of physics and chemistry, while paper-2 has mathematics. Students applying for the B.Pharma course must pass only paper-1.
The KEAM exam result is declared on online mode together with cut-offs and closing ranks by CEE. Once the results are declared, the candidates must participate in the online counseling procedure for allotment of the seat and take admission within a specific interval of time given to them.
- Candidate’s lowest age limit should be 17 years as on 31st December 2020 to apply for the entrance test, and the exam has no maximum age limit.
- The exam is conducted only once in 12 months.
- The exam occurs in offline mode (pen-paper based exam).
- The exam is conducted in the English language only.
- The time interval for each paper is 2 hours, 30 minutes.
Check Out: Kerala PSC 2020
KEAM 2020 Application
KEAM 2020 application form was released online on 1st February 2020 and had to be submitted online only. The last date for submission was 29th February 2020. The candidate must make sure that all details are filled correctly correction facility may not be available later.
There are six steps to fill the form-
- Upload Images
- Fill Application
- Pay Application Fee
- Print Application
- Send Application and Assisting proof to CEE
- Candidates may pay the fees through credit card/debit card/Internet Banking.
- In case of payment through e-challan, the payment has to be made in all Head/Sub Post Offices in Kerala, in cash.
- The fee for (a) Engineering only/ B.Pharma only/both is Rs. 700 for General category and Rs. 300 for SC
- The fee for (b) Architecture only/Medical & Allied only/both is Rs. 500 for General category and Rs. 200 for SC
- The fee for Both (a) & (b) is Rs. 900 for General category and Rs. 400 for SC
- The ST is spared from payment of application fee.
Check Out: National Talent Search Exam
KEAM 2020 Admit Card
KEAM 2020 admit card will be made available online on www.cee.kerala.gov.in as soon as the registration process concludes. The candidate needs to download the admit card and print it. The printout of the admit card has to be shown on the day of the exam.
Hence it is an especially important document, as the candidate will not be considered eligible for the exam if he/she fails to bring it. It has to be kept securely after the exam, too, since it has to be shown during counseling and admission. KEAM 2020 admit courier or any other mode won’t send the card.
The admit card has the subsequent details-
- Applicant’s Name
- KEAM Enrolment number
- Course Applied For
- Examination Date and Time
- Examination Venue
- Photograph of the Candidate
- Other Important Instructions
Candidates can follow the subsequent steps to download KEAM Admit Card 2020:
- 1st Step: Open KEAM official website: cee.kerala.gov.in.
- 2nd Step: Next, you will see the “KEAM 2020: Candidate Portal.” Click on it.
- 3rd Step: Check out for the link provided (will be updated) and click on thereon.
- 4th Step: Type your Application Number, Password, and Access Code.
- 5th Step: Click on “Log In.”
- 6th Step: The admit card will appear, download and print it for future use.
Check Out: NCVT MIS ITI Results
KEAM Result’s released online on the official website. The result is released in the form of rank lists. KEAM rank lists for Architecture, B.Pharma, Engineering, MBBS/BDS, Medical & Allied (except MBBS/BDS/BAMS), and Ayurveda are issued separately. The acceptance to varied colleges is dependent on the KEAM scores and rank of students. The rank list has the subsequent details:
- Application number
- Name of the candidate
- Marks obtained in each subject
- Normalized score
- Entrance test score
Check Out: SEB Exam (State Examination Board)
KEAM 2020 Result
KEAM 2020 Result is going to be released online on or before 25th May 2020 on the official website www.cee.kerala.gov.in. The candidates who are chosen as per the scores are required to submit their 10+2 marks next. The final merit list for admission and counseling is based on KEAM 2020 marks and 10+2 marks, both. Therefore it is important to submit the 10+2 marks.
Steps to Check KEAM Results 2020
- Visit the official website of KEAM 2020, i.e., www.cee.kerala.gov.in
- Enter Roll No. and DOB/ Password and submit
- Check your result and download your Rank Card.
KEAM 2020 Rank List
The KEAM rank list is prepared by calculating the average marks secured in the KEAM entrance test and class 12 in the ratio of 1:1, i.e., equal weightage will be given to both scores. Therefore, the candidates must submit the 10+2 qualifying examination marks.
Method to calculate rank list for admission into Engineering:
KEAM 2020 entrance exam score + class 12 marks It is prepared by giving equal weightage to the marks obtained in the KEAM 2020 engineering entrance exam, and the aggregate marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry / Computer Science/ Biotechnology / Biology in class 12.
Method to calculate rank list for admission into B.Arch:
The candidates are selected based on the marks in the National Aptitude Test and also giving certain weightage to the marks obtained in class 12. Here is how the list is prepared – The marks of NATA out of 200 is added with the marks of class 12. The marks of class 12 will be computed down to 200. Therefore for the final list preparation, the score will be considered out of 400 marks.
Method to calculate rank list for admission into MBBS/BDS/BHMS/BSMS/BUMS, Agriculture, Veterinary, Forestry, and Fisheries, Ayurveda:
The rank list is put together based on rank obtained in NEET-UG 2020 and is based on the nativity conditions and the qualifying criteria.
Method to calculate rank list for admission into B.Pharma:
The rank list for the B.Pharma course is prepared based on index marks calculated as follows:
- The score obtained in Chemistry from the Paper-I is multiplied by 2.25
- It is then added to the Physics score obtained from the Paper-I.
- The total score calculated is then multiplied by a factor 2/3 to calculate the index mark for ranking the students. The maximum index score is 480.
KEAM registration occurs through online mode on the official website www.cee.kerala.gov.in. The application form has to be submitted online. The candidates should keep the following documents with them before registering online to make the process hassle-free.
- Birth certificate/passport
- Scanned images of signature, candidate’s photograph, and documents (as specified by the authorities).
- Certificate for special reservation claim. (SC/ST/OBC)
- Domicile certificate.
- Academic documents.
- Valid Email-ID and Mobile number
Specifications for Uploading Photograph, Signature, and Documents
- File Dimension
- File Size
- File Format
- 150 pixels x 200 pixels
- 15 – 100 KB
- 150 pixels x 100 pixels
- 10 – 100 KB
- 10 – 500 KB
KEAM 2020 Registration
KEAM 2020 registration started on 1st February 2020, and the last date to register got extended till 29th February 2020. The Registration was done online through the official website.
The online KEAM 2020 registration is a one-time process. On successful registration, an application number will be generated by the system. KEAM 2020 application number must be kept carefully by the candidates for future use.
Check Out: Upcoming Government Exams
Steps to Register for KEAM
- visit www.cee.kerala.gov.in. and click on the “registration” link
- check-in the declaration box and click on proceed for Registration.
- fill in the following details
- Candidate’s name
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Create a new password (Password should ideally contain a minimum of eight characters and have at least one alphabet, 1 number, and 1 symbol)
- Captcha code
- Once these details have been entered, click on the “Register” button.
- After Registration, a window will appear where you will be required to check their registration details. If all the details are correct, select the “Confirm” option, or else “Edit” option to make corrections.
- Once corrections are done (or after selecting the “confirm” option), an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click “submit.”
- Your registration is now complete.
KEAM Rank Predictor
The students are given ranks based on their KEAM scores, and the admission is based on the ranks. Seats won’t be allocated to those candidates who don’t meet the cutoff, and there will be separate cutoffs for each participating college, course, and category. The major factors which affect the KEAM 2020 cutoff list are:
- The difficulty level of KEAM 2020
- Marks obtained in KEAM 2020
- Marking Scheme of KEAM 2020
- Availability of Seats in colleges
- Cutoff for the previous year
The candidates who will qualify KEAM will be eligible for the allotment process. The allotment will be done online, and the date of the official process will be notified soon on www.cee.kerala.gov.in. The allotment takes place in multiple phases, which include trial allotment, round 1, round 2, round 3, and mop-up round.
- To take part in the seat allotment of KEAM 2020, candidates will have to register themselves for the counseling process.
- Candidates who won’t register for KEAM 2020 counseling won’t be allotted any seats.
- During registration, candidates will have to fill colleges and courses of their choices in order of preference.
- The preferences, once entered, can be rearranged multiple numbers of times within the given period.
Check Out: Merit-Cum-Means (MCM) Scholarship
KEAM 2020 Allotment
The online Registration for KEAM 2020 counseling procedure is compulsory for a candidate to be eligible for participation in seat allotment. The candidate has to enter the KEAM 2020 application number & password to register and move to the next step.
During registration, candidates will have to enter their key number and password. Once a candidate is logged in, they will be able to access the list of participating colleges and their corresponding courses. They can then choose colleges and courses in order of their preference from the given list. A maximum number of choices can be filled. Furthermore, choices can also be filtered through the edit button. Once adding or deleting choices is over, click on the ‘Save’ button to save them.
KEAM 2020 First Allotment
The KEAM first allotment 2020 will take place after the trial allotment is over, and its dates will be informed soon on the official website. Officials will conduct the allotment as a centralized allotment process (CAP). All the registered candidates will be allotted seats as per their merit, preference of colleges, courses, and seat availability.
The candidates who will be allotted seats will have to download their allotment letters. The letter will have information like course and college allotted to the candidate and the amount of fee to be paid. Candidates will have to pay the required fee at the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE) account in head post offices or through online mode (debit card/credit card/net banking).
Candidates will have to confirm the seat allocated to them by reporting to the allocated institute. Additional verification of documents will take place during the admission process in the college.
Check Out: Indian Education System
KEAM Official Site
www.cee.kerala.gov.in is the official website of the KEAM examination. CEE stands for Commissioner of the Entrance examination. The website is available in both languages, English and Malayalam.
The website has information regarding all entrance examinations for admission to various professional UG, PG courses conducted in the state of Kerala.
Ans. For admission to medical courses, a candidate has to appear in and qualify the NEET examination conducted by the NTA. However, the candidate must also be an applicant of KEAM to be eligible for CEE counseling and seat allotment. There is no state-level exam for admission to medical courses.
Ans. A candidate has to be older than 17 years as on 31st December 2020 to be eligible to appear in KEAM 2020. There is no upper limit for architecture, engineering, and Pharma courses. For medical courses, the age limit guideline will be the same as the NEET (UG)-2020 guidelines.
Ans. Usually, when the application has reached the CEE office, a received message will be sent on your registered mobile number. ‘Received by CEE’ status will also be updated on the online portal when the application will be taken for scrutinizing.
Ans. A total of 73437 students appeared for both the papers of the KEAM, 51665 students qualified under Engineering Stream and 39908 students qualified under the Pharmacy stream.
Ans. To get a good rank and thus a good govt. College through the KEAM exam, one should aim to score higher than 700 marks out of 960. Since the rank also depends on marks received in 12th std. Examination, an individual should aim to score at least above 85% on boards. Your rank will also depend upon your category (general, SC, ST)