Studying Undergraduate along with MS in Finance in USA is the best choice. Finance is now one of the most prominent and attractive fields, with plenty of employment options and significant growth prospects. However, a Master’s in Finance or MS in Finance in USA lasts for 10 to 24 months. It’s a popular choice for overseas students seeking an outstanding career in finance.
Moreover, The curriculum is designed to educate graduates for positions in corporate finance, financial institutions, investment banking, risk management, capital markets, financial modeling, behavioral finance, econometrics, and investment management, among other areas of finance. As per QS Top Universities, 66 universities in the United States offer a master’s degree in finance.
Why Study MS in Finance in USA?
There are some specific reasons why International students need to study MS in Finance in USA. Among them, getting MS in Finance degree certificate without any Work experience is one of the considerable things. However, The following are the reasons why international students should study MS in Finance in the USA to settle in Finance-related Jobs in their Careers.
- MS in Finance in the USA is a more cost-effective and quicker way for students to enter the finance field.
- In 2021, the Financial Planning & Advice industry is having a market size of $52.9 billion based on revenue.
- In 2021, it is predicted to rise by 3.5 percent.
- Unlike MBA programs in the United States, MS in Finance in USA do not often require job experience for admissions and it focuses Mainly on financial planning and risk management.
- Between 2016 and 2021, it increased at a rate of 2.1 percent each year on average.
- In the academic year 2019-20, around 1.1 million overseas students went to university in the United States. Students can communicate with multi-cultural entities because of the diversity.
- The country has established itself as a center of higher learning and a popular overseas study destination for foreign students.
Top Universities for MS in Finance in the USA
MS in Finance in USA will provide a pool of opportunities for students after their graduation. And also students may settle in any finance field with high packages. The following are the Top World famous Universities for MS in Finance in USA which provide worldwide opportunities for students to start their Careers in Finance industry.
|Rankings of Top University||Name of University||Name of Business School Under University||Duration of Course(in Months)|
|3||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||Sloan School of Management||12-18|
|8||University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley)||Haas School of Business||12|
|10||University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)||Anderson School of Management||13|
|16||Columbia University||Columbia Business School||12|
|27||University of Southern California (USC)||Marshall School of Business||24|
|33||The University of Texas at Austin||McCombs School of Business||10|
|35||University of Illinois Urbana Champaign||Gies College of Business||15|
|36||Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech)||Scheller College of Business||21|
|39||Georgetown University||McDonough School of Business||21|
|43||Boston University||Questrom School of Business||17|
Check out : MS in USA
Admission Procedure for MS in Finance in USA
Before applying for MS in Finance in the USA, students should be familiar with the eligibility requirements, papers or documentation required, and any conditions of the specific university, as well as students, need to qualify the requested academic and English proficiency standards.
International students must gather the following documents as they are required when applying for MS in finance in USA or United States:
- A Completed online application form for admission to the university’s website.
- In addition, Academic transcripts of students from all colleges and universities they attended.
- And also, Letters of Recommendation: two to three
- Writing a Statement of Purpose or a CV/Resume Sample.
- Some institutions may also ask students to submit a video essay or answer a question.
- Moreover, Scores on standardized examinations for MS in Finance in USA or the United States:
- Including Scores on the English Proficiency Test.
- And also, Scores on the GMAT/GRE.
- Along with The fee of the application.
Students who want to pursue a career in MS in Finance in USA must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must complete a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized board or university in a related subject of study.
- In addition, students need to have a strong academic track record.
- The GPA requirements for MS in Finance in USA or the United States vary, as do the GRE or GMAT scores and proof of English language competency through IELTS, TOEFL, or an equivalent exam.
- However, the Universities have diverse requirements for GPA, GRE/GMAT scores, and IELTS/TOEFL scores.
- Most colleges have a minimum standard of a 3.0-4.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, 670+ GRE/GMAT scores, and IELTS 6.5+ or similar English skills.
- Students should check the university web pages for the most up-to-date details on admission criteria.
People also read : Top Jobs roles after MS in USA
Tuition Fees for MS in Finance in the USA
The tuition fee for MS in Finance in USA will vary from one Univeristy to another. The following are the tuition fee details for MS in Finance in USA Top Universities for International students.
|Top Universities for MS in Finance in the USA||Tuition fees (in US Dollars)|
|The University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley)||72,920|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||77,168|
|The University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)||31,949|
|The University of Southern California (USC)||27,660|
|The University of Illinois Urbana Champaign||54,646|
|The University of Texas at Austin||38,326|
|Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech)||19,037|
Cost of Living in the USA
The Cost of Living of the students depends on the area or the region where students are staying. In Some areas, the cost of living will be low and in some places, it will be high because of the demand for the place.
The following are the costs that students need to take care of while studying MS in Finance in the USA:
|List of Cost of Living categories||Yearly Costs (in US Dollars)|
|Books and Supplies||900|
|Apartment or Housing with Facilities||16,700|
|Meal plan price for Dormitory Housing||2,426|
Visa to Study in the USA for MS in Finance
International students can apply to study MS in Finance in the USA or the United States online after getting the I-20 form from the applied university. And also they need to gather and provide some documents to get the Visa to study MS in Finance in USA.
For an F-1 student visa, students must provide the following documents:
- Original I-20 completed and approved Visa application form.
- Acceptance letter.
- Birth Certificate.
- Letter of sponsorship (if applicable).
- Financial evidence.
- Bank statements from the previous six months.
- Payment receipt for the visa application fee and the SEVIS fee.
Note: The candidate will be invited to an interview at the United States Embassy in their nation. However, the candidate will get the Visa once they are qualified in their interview.
Scholarships for MS in Finance in the USA
Many types of Scholarships are available for Overseas Students to study for MS in Finance in USA Top Universities. Even, some Universities are providing Scholarship facilities for international students to study on their campuses or Business schools related to them. Moreover, the majority of these scholarships are merit-based and some of them will provide partial funds for students in their total tuition fee. Along with these scholarships, there is also the availability of Educational loan facilities for international students.
The following are the various Scholarships available for students to Pursue MS in Finance in USA.
- Fully-Funded Rotary Peace Fellowships.
- OGE Administered Fellowships.
- Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship.
- USC Marshall School of Business Scholarship.
- Columbia Business SchoolFederal Work-Study Program.
- Scheller College of Business Graduate Assistantships.
- Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships.
- Questrom School of Business Dean’s Scholarship program.
- The Changchun “Arthur” Qi Book Scholarship.
- McDonough School of Business Scholarship.
- The Golden Scholarships.
Also read : Part time job in USA
Job Opportunities for MS in Finance in the USA
Graduates from MS in Finance program in the USA or the United States may create a great future in the global finance industry. However, International students have more internship Opportunities and full-time choices in the United States because of their improved financial condition.
Moreover, Graduates with MS in Finance in USA can pursue careers in many financial-related jobs like Financial Markets, Financial Services, Corporate Finance, etc. The average salaries can vary from USD 80000 to USD 160000 for students with MS in Finance in USA in the Top Companies.
Top job offering companies for students from MS in Finance in the USA Universities are:
- Morgan Stanley
- East-West Bank
- Target Enterprises
- Citi Group
- Sancus Capital
- Aspen Capital
- American Express
Ans: According to the GMAC 2019 corporate recruiter study, Master of Finance graduates in the United States are more likely to find jobs in for-profit public, Fortune Global 100, and Fortune 500 organisations. Financial Analyst is a typical job path after obtaining a Masters in Finance.
Ans: A postgraduate degree in Financial is the finest option for landing a work in the finance field, and it will open doors to career options in every area you can think of. Furthermore, the information, tools, and processes employed in finance are universal.
Ans: The MS in Finance programme is STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) accredited.
Ans: While finance does need some mathematical training as well as knowledge and abilities in accounting and economics, it is not inherently more difficult than any other subject of study, especially for those who have a natural affinity for arithmetic.