National portal enlists more than 50 scholarships worth hundreds of crores. NSP aims to provide effective educational scholarships to talented students. The system makes these scholarships available at faster disposal to lakhs of students. NSP is a Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan.
Table of Contents
What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
National Scholarship Portal or NSP is a great program to find all the different scholarships in one place.
- It has helped students who are registered in finding the perfect scholarship.
- The portal helps in assuring that scholarships are disbursed to students before deadlines.
- Transparency is maintained while distributing scholarships.
- The state, as well as the Central government, use this common platform.
- Central schemes, state schemes, and UGC schemes are the three main schemes provided.
Check Out: MP Scholarship 2020 – Scholarship List
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2020
To get information about the eligible candidates’ for National Scholarship Portal 2020 and other information regarding the scholarship, the candidate needs to visit the official website of the NSPfor further information about the same.
The official website of the National Scholarship Portal is www.scholarships.gov.in. For applying for National Scholarship, you need to follow these steps: Student Login> Register > Fresh Application. With the help of these steps, one can register for the Scholarship with a fresh application which is to be taken under consideration by the National Scholarship Portal. After filling all the details, the student will get a Username and a temporary password, which needs to be changed after that.
How to Apply for National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
A student can fill a single application for all scholarships at the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) by registering themselves. The application is to be submitted with the details filled correctly with the required documents. Students have to apply before the deadline.
- To start the application process, a student will have to register themselves by filling out all the details.
- Login into the account with the ID and password provided and change the password.
- After changing the password, the student will be directed to the dashboard, where they can fill the application form, upload their documents, and also track their submitted application.
- For the students below 18 years of age, the application form is to be filled by the parent or guardian.
- Students can also apply for scholarships on NSP through its mobile app, which was launched in 2018 to make the process easier and convenient.
Documents Required For NSP
For the NSP application, the student will have to submit a few required documents, organized accurately. The required documents are-
- Educational documents of the student
- Student’s/parent’s/guardian’s bank account details
- Student’s Aadhaar Card number
- Aadhaar enrolment number
- Scanned copy of bank passbook
Check Out: UP Scholarship 2020
Benefits of National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
The main Benefit of National Scholarship Portal (NSP) strives to provide a common platform for the students to get information about the various scholarship programs started by the different governments and implementing these programs.
The portal also suggests various scholarship schemes to students based on their eligibility. It aims to provide timely scholarships to the students, along with the management of different scholarships and norms.
- The NSP program aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive, and Transparent (SMART) system for effective distribution of scholarships and the delivery of funds directly into the beneficiaries’ account.
- It is the best platform to find all kinds of information for the various scholarships at one place.
- The portal offers transparency to all users.
- A student has to submit only a single application for all scholarships, which simplifies the process.
- This portal also provides information for all courses and institutions at an all-India level.
- The system also monitors the application and scholarship distribution at every stage.
Login Process For National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
To login the current scholarship of the students, the candidate needs to go to the official website of the NSP, and then click on the label login. After that, the candidate needs to give his/her username and password, which was given to him/her by the official website, and then he/she will be redirected to the application form of the scholarship.
On this page, the student will be able to see the status of his/her application that is whether it is verified by the college, whether it is verified under the ministry level, and finally, whether the student is selected for the applied scholarship or not. This page also contains the option of printing the form and in case of any defect which is identified by the institute or by the ministry so that the student can correct the application and resubmit the form to the website with the correct information.
The page also contains information about the renewal of the application for the scholarship under the National Scholarship Portal. This page can also be used by the students to get information about the payment that will be processed by the National Scholarship Portal to the PFMS website from where the scholarship money will be credited to the bank account of the deserving candidate.
Check Out: MHRD Scholarship 2020
Scholarships Offered By National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
National Scholarship Portal targets hassle-free submission of applications online to the registered eligible students. With its nationwide reach, the portal provides multiple scholarships to students from class 1 to Ph.D. level covering all types of educational purposes. The eligibility for each NSP scholarship varies and has to be checked before applying.
The variety of scholarships offered fall majorly under the following categories-
- Central schemes
- State schemes
- AICTE schemes
- UGC schemes
National Scholarship Portal covers many scholarships. Some of the scholarships are mentioned below.
|Ishan Uday ( for North Eastern region )
|Student of graduation/ post-graduation, Family income less than 4.5 lakhs
|National Means cum Merit Scholarship
|Family income should not be more than 1.5 lakhs, Class 7th students having more than 55 percent can sit for the scholarship test.
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC students
|Must belong to SC category, Family income should be less than 6 lakhs.
|PG Scholarship for University rank holders
|1st and 2nd rank holders, Must have at least 60 percent in undergraduate, Less than 30 years
|Pragati Scholarship Schemes for Girls for Technical degree courses
|Maximum 2 girls per family, Family income should be less than 8 lakhs.
|Pre Matric Scholarship for Student with disabilities
|Students must of 9th or 10th with 40 % or more disability, Family income should be less than 2.5 lakhs.
|PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
|Must be of 30 years and admitted to PG course
National Scholarship Portal – Central Schemes
- Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
- Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/lOMC/LSDM Workers – Post- Matric
- Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/lOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric
- Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students Scholarship (Formally Top-Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students) — only for scholarships
National Scholarship Portal – State Schemes
The different scholarships and their providers along with the last date of application is given below:-
- ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region by University Grants Commission whose deadline was 15th November 2019.
- PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child by University Grants Commission, whose deadline was 31st January 2020.
- PG Scholarships for University Rank Holders by University Grants Commission, whose deadline was 31st January 2020.
- PG Scholarship Scheme for SC, ST students for pursuing professional Courses by University Grants Commission whose deadline was 31st January 2020.
National Scholarship Portal – AICTE schemes
The various schemes under the AICTE are given as:
PG Scholarship, which is awarded to full-time GATE students who are admitted to the MTECH program is given Rs. 12400 per month. National Doctoral Scholarship is awarded to full-time research scholars who want to seek admission in Ph.D. programs for the same. Here are the schemes:
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Degree) for Technical Education
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Diploma) for Technical Education
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled Students (Degree) for Technical Education
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled Students (Diploma) for Technical Education
National Scholarship Portal – UGC Schemes
- Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) for SC Students
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority (1 01 percent State Sector)-Uttarakhand
- Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students- Uttarakhand
- Pre-Matric Disability Scholarship (State Sector) Uttarakhand
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (State Sector)-Uttarakhand
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students (State Sector)-Uttarakhand
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students (Stau Sector 50% and Central Sector
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Centel Sector)-Uttarakhand
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students (Center Sector)-Uttarakhand
- Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students Uttarakhand
- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students- Uttarakhand
- Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students Uttarakhand
- Pre-Matric ST Scholarship Schemes
- Post-Matric ST Scholarship Schemes
- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students
- Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
- Post Matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes (EBC) NEC Merit Scholarship
- Centrally Sponsored Scheme for Pre-Matric (9 & 10) Scholarship for ST Students
- Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST Students
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children Pre-Matric Scholarship (Class 9 and 1 0) for ST Students
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children
- Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST Students
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students- Pre-Matric Scholarship (Class IX & X) for ST Students
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children – Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST Students Scheme for Award of Stipend to the Scheduled Tribe Students
Check Out: Inspire Scholarship 2020
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Schemes
There are different scholarship schemes under which the entire framework is based on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Students availing scholarship from the National Scholarship portal fall under different schemes which are discussed as follows:-
- CENTRAL SCHEMES:- Ministry of Minority Affairs such as Closing date, defective of the scholarship application of the applicant, Verification by the Institute, and verification of the Scholarship by the Ministry level as well.
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities:- Under these, the post-matric scholarship for students with disabilities was closed on 15th November 2019. The pre-matric scholarship for students with disabilities was closed on 15th November 2019. The scholarships for the top class education for students with disabilities was closed on 15th November 2019.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment:- Under these, the top class education scheme for SC students was closed on 10th December 2019.
- Ministry of Labour and Employment:- Under these, the Financial Assistance for Education of the wards of IOMC workers was closed on 10th December 2019.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs:- Under these, the National Fellowship and scholarship for the higher education of the ST students were closed on 15th November 2019.
- Department of School Education and Literacy:- Under these, the National Scheme of incentive to girls for Secondary Education was closed on 15th November 2019. The National means Cum Merit Scholarship was closed on 15th November 2019.
- Department of Higher Education:- Under these, the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for college and university students was closed on 15th November 2019.
- Ministry of home affairs:- Under these, the Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Central armed force was closed on 15th December 2019.
- Ministry of Railway:- Under these, the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF was closed on 15th November 2019.
Check Out: ePASS Karnataka Scholarship
Tracking the Application for NSP
After applying and the required documents, the application process is officially completed. To track the application, a student can log into their account, submit the permanent ID and Date of birth, and track under the ‘Check Your Status’ tab. Whether the application has been finally submitted or not will be visible under the section.
Check Out: Vocational Courses
National Scholarship Status
The status of the National scholarship of the selected students can be checked by using the login option from the website under the student’s section of the website. The students can get all information regarding their applications such as verification status by the college concerned and by the ministry itself, and all other pieces of information can also be found.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Form
The National Scholarship form can be accessed after one student successfully registers on the National Scholarship Portal and gets his/her Application ID and the respective password. The form generated online needs to be submitted to the college for the verification and is further processed by the ministry for final verification of the same.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Registration
The National Scholarship portal or NSP registration can be done by directly going to the website www.scholarships.gov.in and then under the student’s section of the website, the student who is interested in a particular scholarship can avail the scholarship under the different schemes which are provided by the website itself.
Check Out: Toughest course in the world
University Commission Grants Scheme
Under these ISHAN UDAY – a special scholarship scheme for North Eastern Region students was closed on 15th November 2019. PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child was closed on 15th November 2019.
PG Scholarship for University Rank holders was closed on 21st January 2020. PG Scholarship Scheme for SC and ST students for pursuing Professional courses was closed on 21st January 2020.
All the states mentioned below have the same scholarships named as
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Himachal Pradesh
The states which follow the above scholarships which can be availed to the students are given as:-
- Pre-matric Scholarship for SC students
- Post-matric scholarship for SC students
- Pre-matric Scholarship for OBC students
- Pre-matric scholarships to ST students
- Post-matric Scholarships to OBC students
Check Out: Santoor Scholarship For Girls
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship/ Maulana Azad Scholarship
It is a national scholarship that was started under the vision of the benefit the girl child students who belong to minority communities. The Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is being funded by the government of India and is being implemented by the Maulana Azad foundation for the same. Presently around 6,00,000 girl child students belonging to the minority communities have received this scholarship. Girl child students who are in class 9 and class 10 are given Rs. Five thousand per month and girl child students who are in class 11 and class 12 are given a scholarship amount of Rs. 6000 per month.
Any girl child student belonging to the minority community can apply for this scholarship provided that the family income of the student should be less than two lakhs per annum from all the sources concerned. The selection process is mainly based on the annual family income of the girl child, and the student should have at least 50% marks in the previous examination as concerned.
Check Out: Maulana Azad Scholarship
Also, the selected students can check the status of their scholarship on MAEF Scholarship by giving the application details as it is required by the portal, such as the scholarship category, identification details, etc. Also, the students with the lowest family income are given the most priority for availing the scholarship as per the Census done in 2011. For these, the student needs to submit the original proof of the income certificate, which needs to be verified by the school and as well as by the ministry level for availing the scholarship for the same.
Check Out: Oasis Scholarship – The Complete Guide
National Minority Scholarship
National Minority Scholarships are the scholarships that are initiated by the Ministry of Minority affairs. Under this scholarship scheme, students who belong to the minority communities of Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Jain, and Parsi can avail of this scholarship having pre-matric scholarships and post-matric scholarships for the same. This National Minority Scholarship also has a merit-based scholarship. The students who get selected for the National Minority Scholarship receive a scholarship amount of Rs. 20,000 per annum.
Check Out: Minority Scholarships
The government of India has introduced 30 lakhs scholarships under the pre-matric scheme of the National Minority Scholarship and about 5 lakh Scholarship schemes under the post-matric scholarship scheme of the National Minority Scholarship. The students who get selected for the pre-matric scholarship of the National Minority Scholarship receive an amount of Rs. Six hundred monthly and the students who get selected for the post-matric scholarship receive an amount of Rs. 1200 per month under the eligibility criteria that the family income of the student who wants to avail of this scholarship must be less than two lakhs per annum from all of the available sources.
The full form of NSP is National Scholarship Portal. National Scholarship Portal is a digital scholarship program that enlists multiple scholarships offered by the central government, state government, and other government agencies like:
1. UGC (University Grants Commission)
2. AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), etc.
Ans. There are various schemes under the National Scholarship Portal which can be directly accessed by directly going to the website www.scholarships.gov.in. Students are advised to remain updated with the official website for any information. All dates of the Scholarships are being updated on the official website regularly, and one needs to remain updated with the website for all dates for the given scholarships concerned.
Ans. A Student can apply for the government scholarship only and only if he/she is eligible for any scholarship under the different schemes released by the government. These scholarships and their eligibility can be known from the official website www.scholarships.gov.in.
Ans. One can directly apply for the National Scholarship by visiting the official website and checking their official website for more information about the scholarship on which the student is interested in applying.
Ans. There are various scholarships under the National Scholarship Portal. All these Scholarships have different eligibility criteria. It mainly depends on the type of scholarship to which a student is interested in applying for the same.
Ans. A student can fill a single application for all scholarships at the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) by registering themselves. The application is to be submitted with the details filled correctly with the required documents. Students have to apply before the deadline.
Ans. For registering Institutes you need a valid DISE or AISHE codes on NSP. To check whether you are registered you need to go on https://scholarships.gov.in and click on “Search Institute/School/ITI” provided on the Top Right Corner of the screen.