Life At St. Lawrence College
Student life is an eternal part of education and the college thrives to its full potential to make this life memorable and worth remembering. A large number of student activities are promoted in order to bring out the hidden talents of individuals. The entire compilation of Accommodation, Food, Athletics, Recreation turns out to be great.
Accommodation at St. Lawrence College
The college offers both on-campus and off-campus housing facilities to its students. Temporary accommodation is also available in the city for emergency purposes.
St. Lawrence College On-Campus Accommodation
1. All the residences have fully furnished rooms with all basic amenities available
2. Students can choose single and double occupancy suites along with a common area for group study and social activities depending upon their budget
3. There are also suites available for the students with disabilities
4. Students get easy access to public transit, library, dining, laundry facilities, and computer labs.
5. The most important benefit is the hassle-free peaceful environment provided by the campus which enriches student life to a large extent.
6. There are 600 beds available for residents among which 294 double occupancy rooms and 306 single occupancy rooms.
7. Rooms are allotted on a first-come, first-serve basis to the students until the beds are filled.
Living expenses are around $6,078.00 for a double room plus the mandatory $1,500.00 meal plan
Link For Living Expenses: http://www.stlawrencecollege.ca/campuses-and-services/residences/kingston-campus-residence/
St. Lawrence College Off-Campus Accommodation
- The residences are available outside the campus, which includes studio apartments, 3 bedroom apartments, 4 bedroom apartments and shared apartments
- The average rent is 1050 CAD/month
- The residences are fully furnished which provides all basic amenities such as electricity, water and high-speed internet included in the rent
- Laundry facilities are also available for students.
- The rentals are generally located at a walking distance from the campuses.
- The graduate and family housing are available near the uptown campuses.
- Renting an apartment can also be a good option.
- The college is a very good applied art institution where students come from different counties and from different states as well.
- The campus is large and has tons of green spaces, as well as a magnificent view as it is situated across the river where students can spend a great time.
- The residence halls and off-campus facilities provide a comfortable stay for their study location.
- The placement of the college is very good; the employment rate is around 86.5% which gives the student a chance to shine bright in their career.
- It is one of the best colleges in Ontario where students seeking courses in nursing, business administration, and psychology.
Career at St. Lawrence College
Careers are at the topmost priority when it comes to the St. Lawrence College. The college aims to act as a bridge between the employer and the candidate by engaging the students in learning initiatives. It introduces candidates to experts from various disciplines to find solutions to world-class problems and challenges. The college believes in inequality. To give equal opportunities to every employee or student. They believe is fair opportunities and guide their students in such manner throughout their time at the college. The college holds out career counseling sessions for the students who are not able to make choices for their future and thus guide them. The college also organizes conferences for the students and gives them the opportunity to clear their doubts and queries regarding the field.
Jobs after Studying At St. Lawrence College
The St Lawrence College provides job opportunities to its students especially those who belong to the domain of business, arts and science, health, and engineering. It also opens up the option of abroad settlement of the candidates. The employment rate is around 86.5% which gives a student a chance to shine bright in their career. The students are now placed at some great sector. The courses are job-oriented, and the college focuses on practical learning. The college also offers courses that are job-oriented, and the students are given hands-on practical training and experience since from the beginning. Most of the college graduates find a suitable job soon after graduation. The college has some impressive network of industry partners. They also teach the students to make their own CV, tell them how to groom and work on them for interview skills and Public Speaking.
Placements At St. Lawrence College
The college has maintained more than a 86% placement rate all over the years. Graduates are hired by various colleges and the graduates are placed at good positions in academic institutions as teachers, marketing, health sector and as engineers, etc. Many companies do come for the campus selection process at the college. Every company has its own eligibility criteria which the student needs to fulfill and then only students will be allowed to sit for the examination. The student also needs to perform well in examinations and the grades from the internship are also seen by the companies as in how much effort and hard work has been done by the student on the field.
Notable Alumni St. Lawrence College
- Yu Xiang Quan
- Mark Gerretsen
- Bill Buxton
- Ruth Ellen Brosseau
- Doug Falconer
- Daniel Bills
- John cleary
- Patrick Rouble