Life at Coventry University
- Ranked as one of the best cities for students to live across the world, Coventry has a balanced nature of living.
- Due to this fact, there are many international students, creating a diverse educational experience.
- The university offers many offers to work and study all around the world through its programs.
- CUSU is an active organization. They run a popular club and also a radio station.
- The Hub is a facility for students that has the Students Union, food court and much more convenience features.
Accommodation at Coventry University
The University offers accommodation for most students at its main campus in Coventry. Although, there are private residences owned by student housing companies around the city.
Coventry University On-campus accommodation
- There are separate accommodation facilities for undergraduates and postgraduates, each offering different styles of living.
- The undergraduate students can choose from 13 residential facilities, which are single rooms and range from en suite to a shared bathroom and shared living spaces and kitchens.
- The postgraduate students have 7 accommodation facilities to choose from. They offer shared spaces and en suite rooms.
- There are also house-sharing facilities approved by the university.
- The university has a partnership with a student housing letting company and offers assistance in finding accommodation across the city.
Coventry University Off-campus accommodation
- Host families are also an option for those interested. The student lives with a local family, sharing the meals and other facilities.
- Other student housing companies also offer student accommodation.
- There are also independent shared houses for students in the city.
- Coventry city is well connected to each major city in the UK through rail and road. The efficient public transport lets you travel anywhere across the scenic country.
- Coventry Transport Museum is one of a kind where transport vehicles from all ages are curated.
- Coventry Cathedral is just beside the main campus of the university and is worth a visit.
- To shop for all your needs and for good fashion deals, the city center has many options to offer.
- Frankie and Benny’s are a New York-style eatery and is one of the many interesting places to eat and drink in around Coventry.
Careers at Coventry University
Research facilities at the university offer opportunities for postgraduate students to get a role such as a research assistant. Being a doctoral student can also make it possible to be a professor’s assistant and later, an assistant professor. The students can even get jobs and other responsibilities at the Students Union. The residential association can also have roles like residence assistants available.
Jobs after studying at Coventry University
The economy of Coventry is very stable and the city has a lot of industrial facilities. Engineering graduates can get opportunities in the Jaguar Landrover industry among many other high-tech industrial areas. Business graduates can secure a job in the financial hub London or even have some good entrepreneurship opportunities in Coventry itself.
Placements at Coventry University
Engineering graduates have been placed in the automobile giants, JCB, BMW and Mercedes among many others. Arts and Humanities graduates have been placed in retail companies like Sainsbury’s, IKEA and Media companies like the BBC, Sky and Aardman Animations. Business graduates have been employed in banks like Santander and tech firms like Philips. Medical graduates are placed in NHS and private practices. Law graduates are placed in private law firms and other major firms and government bodies like the Crown Prosecution Services.
Coventry University Notable alumni
- Gerry McGovern – Design Director at Jaguar Land Rover
- Andrea McLean – Television Presenter
- Neil Carson – CEO, Johnson Matthey plc
- David Yelland – Writer
- Nick Buckles – CEO, G4S
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Engineering, Environment, and Computing
- Coventry Law School
- Coventry Business School