Hotel management is a highly sought-after programme for students looking to study abroad in the field of hospitality management and tourism. Universities in Canada offer course curriculum which gives you a deep understanding of hotel operations, cleaning, culinary arts, catering, menu planning and creation, among other areas.
The courses of Hotel management in Canada are meticulously designed to cover a wide range of disciplines and dimensions of hotel administration because candidates for entry-level roles in this business must comprehend all of these procedures.
Read along to know everything about Hotel Management courses in Canada!
Why study Hotel Management courses in Canada ?
There are many job options for graduates because of Canada’s constantly expanding hotel and tourist sector. The field of Hotel management in Canada is very dynamic. You need to have comprehensive knowledge about the various disciplines and skills.
You should study Hotel Management courses in Canada because of the reasons:
- Excellent career prospects: In Canada, entry-level hotel management wages range from 39,000 to 80,000 CAD annually. Additionally, the pay increases when seniority increases significantly.
- Outstanding education: By offering the most important infrastructure, Canada’s top hotel management colleges have differentiated themselves internationally. Canada is renowned for giving overseas students excellent educational and professional possibilities.
- Plenty of courses and specialties: Some of Canada’s top institutions for hotel management provide students with a range of degree options, such as PG, UG, and PhD degrees. These organizations additionally offer practical experience and job opportunities.
Top Universities in Canada for Hotel Management Courses
Top universities in Canada are offering Hotel Management Courses for International students. The goal of Canadian hotel and hospitality management programmes is to educate students about the sector. Several institutions across the nation provide them. These programmes are made to give students the knowledge and abilities necessary for a prestigious career in this field.
Check out the table below for Top universities that offer Hotel management courses in Canada and their respective duration and fees:
|University||Program/ Duration||Total Course Fee (in INR)|
|Centennial College||Hospitality Hotel Operations Management/ 2 yrs||18.7 Lac|
|Sault College||Hospitality And Tourism Management/ 1yr||9.7 Lac|
|Seneca College||Global Hospitality Operations Management/ 1yr||8.70 Lac|
|Seneca College||Global Hospitality Business Development / 1yr||8.70 Lac|
|Humber College||Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management/ 1yr||9.80 Lac|
|Algonquin College||Hospitality – Hotel and Restaurant Operations Management/ 2yrs||18.25 Lac|
|Conestoga College||Global Hospitality Management (Optional Co-op)/ 1 yr||9.9 Lac|
|Camosun College||Diploma in Hospitality Management/ 2yrs||18.8 Lac|
Check out : Study in Canada
List of Hotel Management Courses in Canada
Hotel Management courses in Canada are available in a variety of degree choices to meet the needs and expectations of people from varied backgrounds. This includes bachelor’s and master’s degrees, as well as certificate, diploma, and advanced diploma courses. All of these courses prepare students for a successful career in hotel management in areas such as hospitality, tourist, restaurant, catering, resort management, operations, and club management, among others.
Mentioned below is the table for list of hotel management courses in Canada :
|Education Level||Courses in Canada for Hotel Management|
|UG Diploma/Certificate||Diploma in Culinary Management |
Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management
|Bachelor’s Degree||Bachelors in International Hotel Management|
Bachelor in Hotel and Food Administration
Bachelor in Hospitality- Event Management
Bachelor in Resort and Hotel Management
Bachelor in Culinary Management
BA Global Tourism Management
Bachelor’s in Hospitality- Hotel Operations Management
|Master’s Degree||Master in Global Hospitality-Business Development|
Master in Global Hospitality-Operations Management
Master’s in Hospitality Management Studies
|PG Diploma/Certificate||Postgraduate Diploma in Tourism and Hotel Management|
Graduate Certificate in Hospitality Skills
Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Also read : Masters in Public Health in Canada
Hotel Management Courses in Canada After the 12th
You can also pursue Hotel Management courses in Canada after completing the 12th standard. Check out the table below for several courses which are offered in the canadian university:
- BCom in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MSc Tourism and Hospitality
- Master of Arts in Tourism Management
- Diploma in Hospitality with Hotel and Restaurants Service Management
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Management
Specializations in Hotel Management in Canada
HM courses in Canada for international students are in high demand, owing to the multiple degree programmes available, including UG, PG, certificate, and diploma programmes. Mentioned below are the specialization in Hotel management in Canada :
- International hotel management
- Food and beverage management
- Hospitality and tourism management
- Hotel operations management
Hotel Management Courses in Canada for International Students Without IELTS
Numerous colleges in Canada offer courses in Hotel management without IELTS. Students do not need to give English proficiency tests to get admission in these universities.
Check out the table below for Hotel Management Courses in Canada for International Students Without IELTS:
|Programmes||University||Total Course Fee (in INR)|
|Hospitality Hotel Operations Management||Centennial College||18.7 Lac|
|Global Hospitality Business Development||Seneca College||8.70 Lac|
|Global Hospitality Operations Management||Seneca College||8.70 Lac|
|Diploma in Hospitality Management||Camosun College||18.8 Lac|
|Hospitality – Hotel and Restaurant Operations Management||Algonquin College||18.25 Lac|
|Hospitality And Tourism Management||Sault College||9.7 Lac|
|Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management||Humber College||9.80 Lac|
|Global Hospitality Management||Conestoga College||9.9 Lac|
Hotel Management Course Fees in Canada
The overall cost of graduate-level hospitality management courses in Canada ranges from 9 to 22 million dollars. Students in Canada can apply for scholarships to help pay for their education, despite the cost appearing to be excessive. Furthermore, even with the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak, a hotel manager in Canada may anticipate to make about 47,133 CAD per year (27.12 Lac).
Recommended read : Event Management Courses in Canada
Eligibility criteria for Hotel Management Courses
- Admission to the hotel management programme requires passing the class 10 and 12 exams with an initially chosen score of 50%. In certain circumstances, eligibility for hotel management beyond the 12th grade may need a certificate in hotel management or certification in hospitality management.
- The majority of admissions to hotel management certificate and diploma programmes are either on merit or on a first-come, first-served basis. Most bachelor-level hotel management programmes and the 2022 BHM Admission are based on class 10 and 12 merits.
- Hotel Management Admission is conducted by prestigious hotel management colleges. The final decision on admission to the hotel management programme is based on the performance in the group discussion and interview rounds, as well as the results of the entrance exam.
- Private Hotel Management Colleges have their own entrance exams, while government Hotel Management Colleges accept the results of the NCHMCT JEE 2022, which will be administered (probably) in April 2022.
Documents Required to Study Hotel Management Courses In Canada
Check out the list below for documents required for the Hotel managment courses in Canada:
- Resume and CV
- Official academic transcripts
- Scores of English proficiency test : TOEFL/ IELTS.
- Official transcripts from high school, junior high, and senior high schools.
- Statement of purpose
- Letter of recommendation from two professors.
- A student visa for Canada requires a valid passport.
Scholarships to Study Hotel Management Courses in Canada
All the international students are advised to look for scholarships to study in Canada. Expenses while studying abroad can rise quickly. It is always a wise decision to study abroad on a scholarship.
Check out the table below for Hotel Managemet Mcholarship in Canada:
|Scholarships||Eligibility||Award (in CAD)|
|OHI College/ University Entrance Scholarship, Ontario Hostelry Institute||International students pursuing Hospitality in Canada||1000|
|Canadian Hospitality Foundation, Canadian Government||2nd year students pursuing Hospitality courses in Canada||2,000 x 2|
|International Student Scholarships, Humber College||International Applicants showing high academic performance||2,000 off from tuition fees|
|International Entrance Scholarships, Humber College||International Applicants showing high academic performance||2,000|
|Helen & Roger Lawson Tim Hortons Scholarship||International 2nd year students|
Enrolled in food and beverage management
Minimum GPA of 3.0
Do you wish to pursue Hotel Management course in Canada? Get your profile evaluated by experts at Admitkard and find out which course suits you best.
✅ Is hotel management course good in Canada?
Ans: Yes, Hotel Management course is a good option when pursued from Canada. Also, it is one of the most popular majors among Indian students looking to participate in a study abroad programme in Canada is hotel management.
✅ Can I Go Canada after 12th?
Ans: Yes, you can go to study in Canada after 12th. Your eligibility and admission will be based on your test and language exam results, as was previously stated. You can also choose from a number of diploma programmes offered by SPP Colleges or Canada.
✅ Is there any scope of hotel management in Canada?
Ans: The need for hospitality workers has grown as more tourists travel to the nation. This is the main reason a professional in hospitality management might earn 58,000 CAD per year in Canada. Therefore, there is no denying that the field of hotel management in Canada has a vast scope.
✅ What is the monthly income of hotel management?
Ans: The average yearly income for a hotel manager in India is 2.5 Lakhs, with salaries ranging from 0.2 Lakhs to 8.5 Lakhs.