Masters in Business Administration is a degree course that arose in the 20th century in the United States. MBA was an outcome of Industrialisation and the need for scientific applications in business to improve functioning and conduct. MBA is a post-graduate level course which is available in many specialized fields and many countries.
MBA is a post-graduation, masters course which is for two years and adds to the knowledge of business and overall management of the students. MBA has evolved from being a single full-time course and now is available in a variety of formats, like full-time MBA, part-time MBA, executive MBA, distance MBA, and more options.
MBA Full Form
The full form of MBA is a Master of Business Administration.
- It specializes in the field of Business and its effective management
- Based on scientific methods
- Is a postgraduate and a master’s course
- Provides practical exposure along with theoretical knowledge
What Is MBA
MBA is a post-graduate degree that focuses on the field of business but has diverse areas of knowledge and specialization. MBA teaches students the technical and managerial skills necessary for every new-age manager. MBA adds leadership skills and helps to accelerate one’s career.
There are various courses and domains in which MBA is available. Programs can be classified into full time, part-time, online, executive, correspondence and more.
Also, the MBA is spread into various fields as hospitality and tourism, marketing, finance, economics, organization behavior and many more. There are numerous upcoming courses in diverse areas apart from business.
- MBA courses available all over the globe
- Can be full time, part-time or even online
- Available in different domains and fields
- MBA courses depend and differ by colleges
MBA In Canada
Canada, the second-largest country in the world and is part of the North American continent. Canada is a developed country with excellent prospects for jobs and quality education. It has the 10th largest economy and is ranked amongst the top in the Quality of life index. Many international students every year come to Canada for their higher education. Canada offers various MBA programs which are recognized worldwide.
- A multicultural and diverse environment
- High quality of life – clean water and air
- High-quality education facilities with internationally recognized degrees
- Hands-on work experience
- Full-time work opportunities available
- Great immigration opportunities available for students
Top 5 universities in Canada for MBA
- University of Toronto – Rotman School of Management
- Western University – Ivey Business School
- Queen’s University- Stephen J.R. Smith School of Business
- Schulich School of Business, York University
- HEC Montréal
MBA Entrance Exam
Some popular MBA entrance exams in India are CAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, and MBA entrance exams for abroad are GMAT and GRE. MBA exams have different syllabus concerning a particular exam but the topics are usually similar corresponding to Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation. While most institutes accept GMAT and GRE scores but some institutes have their entrance exams.
CAT – The Common Admission Test, a computer-based test for admission in a graduate management program in India. Scores are valid until a year. More than 2.5 L students take this test every year.
GMAT– The Graduate Management Admission Test is a multiple-choice, computer-based and computer-adaptive standardized exam that tests candidates’ knowledge and caliber and is required for admission to MBA programs globally.
GRE – Graduate Record Examination is the world’s largest assessment test and more than 5,00,000 students take this test every year across the globe.
There are some basic requirements which are there for students who want to pursue an MBA and is standard for all most al the universities throughout the world. It is important for students to meet these requirements to be eligible for admissions.
- The basic requirement is completed a bachelors degree.
- Full-time degree from recognised institutes is preferred.
- Most MBA programs require a minimum of 2 years of work experience.
- A good score in required entrance exams.
- Recommendations from supervisors or guides.
MBA In Finance
MBA with specialisation in finance is about mostly focused on dealing with numbers, mathematics and economics along with accounting are used to study trends and work directly in money related areas. MBA Finance is a course which encourages and helps to get a job as a Financial Manager in a company. Students who have done their postgraduate in MBA Finance(Financial Management) can work with government and public sector companies as finance officer, risk manager, insurance manager, treasures, manager finance & accounts, to name a few.x
- Covers accounting, financial planning, banking, corporate financing and other finance-related areas.
- Strong focus on theory and financial analysis
- Prepares students to become financial managers
- Covers broad areas of finance
A general MBA provides a broad outlook and offers knowledge in almost every field of business so that the student does not remain unknown to any one area. An MBA is of two years and in the first year students study all the general aspects and then in the second year, they can take up a specialisation.
- The first-year syllabus consists of compulsory subjects
- All the students should undertake these subjects
- Students can choose electives from second year onwards
- The syllabus is made rigorously and is continuously upgraded according to recent trends
- Case studies are used to teach students
MBA in the first year consists of compulsory subjects for all the students; students have to undergo these subjects and three terms in the first year. From second year onward students can choose their electives and specialisations