Data analysis is a process of inspecting, transforming, cleansing and modeling data by discovering useful information, informing conclusion and supporting decision-making.
Data Analytics is now a day’s very much in demand in Canada as well as in many other foreign countries.
Advantages of starting a career as a Data Analytics are as follows:
- Easy to start.
- Multi-industry/Domain Opportunities.
- Competitive Salary.
- Explore Popular Analytics Tools and Techniques.
- Enhance Retailer/Customer Relationship.
Canada has several top universities in the world which offers many undergraduate and postgraduate courses in data analytics. Canada is also ranked first for scholarships and bursaries in the world.
Masters in Data Analytics in Canada
There are many businesses, which are using Data Science to add value to every aspect of their operations. This leads to a huge demand for Data Scientists, professionals who are skilled in technology, math, and business. Moreover, there are a large number of highly paid job opportunities for Data Scientists. Canada has a superior education system.
- Canada is one of the most developed and money-making countries in the world.
- It provides students with great learning opportunities conjoined with attractive job opportunities on completion of their education.
- Canada is one of the known countries for providing students with affordable education.
- After completion of studies, students are permitted to live in the country for three years, i.e. there is an option for permanent residency.
- Students can earn while studying as per Canadian law.
Top Five Universities for Masters in Data Analytics are:
- University of British Columbia
- Saint Mary’s University
- Western University, Ontario
- Trent University
- Langara College
What is Masters in Data Analytics?
Master of Data Analytics gets understudies ready for professional work overall divisions. The sheer volume and unpredictability of data as of now at the fingertips of organizations and research associations offers to adapt to present circumstances that must be understood by tomorrow’s alumni. Youngsters aspire to turn into a data analytics expert equipped for utilizing data to learn bits of knowledge and bolster basic leadership.
The MS in Data Analytics is intended to meet the expanding requirement for profoundly gifted data investigators who can break down the developing measure of data standing up to in an assortment of controls, and change it into usable data for use in basic leadership. The program is college-wide cooperation that conveys thorough preparation in the measurable examination and computational strategies and gives mastery of data investigation attached to interdisciplinary applications.
Canada has taken fore as one of the most prominent student destinations in the world. The country’s technological proficiency, combined with its multicultural environment, makes it renowned among international students. In addition to this, the strict immigration policies of the United States of America has increased the number of international students flocking to countries like Canada, Australia and Germany.
This has fostered a great exchange of knowledge, ideas, perspectives and talents among countries in this age of globalization as these countries look to create a welcoming and immigrant-friendly environment, taking into consideration university admissions, visa issues and employment prospects. Canada’s focus on the professional efficiency of its graduates and the vast expanse of scholarships and financial aids it government provides makes it an extremely popular choice among students looking to pursue data analytics.
Why Study Masters in Data Analytics in Canada?
For a considerable length of time, Big Data has been one of the most blazing points in innovation: Data Scientists are sought after, and an ever-increasing number of colleges in Europe are offering specific Data Science Masters degrees.
On the off chance that you are asking yourself: Why would it be advisable for me to ponder Data Science? – at that point read on and take in more about this interesting subject:
Data Science is energizing – and data fills what’s to come
For quite a long time, innovative advances were for the most part determined by enhanced equipment: Processing power expanded and prompted more conceivable outcomes. Since the ordinary equipment is pushing physical restrictions, the center has been moving to software-driven applications.
Data has been designated “the oil of the advanced economy” (Wired) as a result of its monstrous potential; you could state it would fuel our future. Data investigations empower totally new ages of mechanical arrangements: Machine learning and computerized reasoning (AI) is one precedent where we see extraordinary changes as of now occurring. In any case, in different regions, propelled insights drive new advancements: For example, data on client conduct and prescient analytics enable organizations to enhance the UI of their software items; and itemized execution examinations enable organizations to track the arrival on-venture (ROI) of their promoting efforts.
You have many vocation choices
Data and data have turned into the key assets in an extensive variety of ventures. With the expansion of processing power and computerized stockpiling come numerous new potential outcomes that – only ten to fifteen years prior – were past our creative energy. In any case, such new advancements are not restricted to the innovation businesses themselves. Consider the well-known expression ascribed to administration master Peter Drucker: That is the reason data is so imperative to all associations and at all levels.
It’s not simply huge IT and software organizations: Data specialists are required in managing an account and back, car, vitality, medicinal services, transport, retail, and for all intents and purposes each space you can consider. Furthermore, on the grounds that data drives choices – from little territorial offices to the meeting room – moves on from study programs in Data Science will be specifically associated with imperative vital basic leadership forms. The activity titles you will experience are as different as the duties you will have. In the event that you are a pro who knows how to “do the math”, you will be a significant colleague in numerous parts of an association.
Basic occupation titles include:
- Analytics Engineer
- Analytics Manager
- Enormous Data Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Data Architect
- Data Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Data Visualization Specialist
- Business Intelligence (BI) Architect
- Business Intelligence Engineer
Your activity prospects are mind-blowing!
Data researchers are sought after – and bosses don’t discover enough alumni to fill their openings. To address the interest, colleges have been expanding the number of masters in data building and data analytics. With potential bosses battling about them, college graduates are presently in an agreeable position and can request high pay rates.
With a postgraduate certificate, your odds are far and away superior: An examination by the quest for new employment stage Job lift found that half of all data science work postings expect candidates to have a postgraduate capability. That implies that by getting a Master’s in Data Science, you are truly multiplying your activity alternatives in the field. Furthermore, past that, it could likewise prepare for you to get a Ph.D.
Masters in Data Analytics in Canada Fees
For international students, the average tuition fee for MS in data science is about $27,159 annually. Tuition fees also vary slightly from university to university in Canada.
Masters in Data Analytics in Canada Cost
The total cost of studying MS in data science in Canada is about INR 9, 18,622 that includes:
- Hostel & Meals – INR 6, 98,109
- Insurance – INR 61,422
- Transportation – INR 26,696
- Student Fee – INR 50,462
- Textbooks – INR 29,843
- Personal expense – INR 52,090
Top Universities for Masters in Data Analytics in Canada
Canada is an education superpower with a student-friendly environment and in Canadian universities, numbers of international students are enrolled per year, out of which 30% were Indian students.
- The University of British Columbia: Master of Data Science.
- University of Waterloo: Master of Mathematics in Computer Science – Data Science.
- Carleton University: Master of Computer Science – Data Science.
- Ryerson University: Master of Science in Data Science and Analytics.
- Saint Mary’s University: Master of Science in Computing and Data Analytics.
- Trent University: Master of Science in Big Data Analytics.
- Simon Fraser University: Professional Master’s program in Computer Science – Big data Specialization.
- University of Toronto: MS in Applied Computing ( Data Science).
- University of Alberta: Master of Science in Computing Science – Statistical Machine Learning.
- Western University, Ontario: Master of Data Analytics.
Masters in Data Analytics in Canada Online
Procedure to apply online for Masters in Data Science:
- Review the admissions requirements.
- To be eligible for any of the UBS Data Science Programme you must meet the Academic, Prerequisite and English proficiency.
- Gather information about your educational history.
- You have to provide names, locations, and dates of study for all of the educational institutions you have attended.
- Select the MDS program for which you want to apply.
- Choose the course of your interest you want to apply for.
- Complete the online application.
- To complete the online application form click the “Apply Now” button below and choose your program of interest, follow the instructions mentioned on Graduate Studies website to complete your application.
- Upload your admission documents.
- Official degree certificates for any degrees that are not mentioned on your transcripts
- One page letter of Aim describing your experience in data science
- Resume or CV
- English language (TOEFL or IELTS) test scores
- These documents are enough for the purpose of adjudication. Original versions of each document will be requested at a later date for admission to UBC.
- Ask your references to submit their letters of recommendation.
- One should require providing three letters of recommendation (academic and/or professional). To be considered official, letters must be submitted by referees in one of two ways:
- Online (preferred): You must provide a valid institutional email address (no Gmail, Hotmail or similar addresses) for each referee when you apply.
- Mail: Referees should mail sealed letters to the MDS office, for the program you are applying for, directly.
- Pay the application fee.
MS in Data Science in Canada without GRE
GRE is required for master’s level admission; in Canada, some of the universities and programs need a good score in the test. While many other universities don’t require GRE scores for grad school admission. Without GRE, to get admissions into top universities like MIT (certain programs) is usually a good thing to happen. But usually, schools with low ranked have No GRE offered.
List of some Universities which do not require GRE:
- University of Dayton
- New Mexico State University for a Masters in Computer Science
- University of Pittsburgh
- The University of Northern Virginia in Manassas
- Colorado Technical University
- University of Bridgeport
- California State University Sacramento
- Rowan University
- Monmouth University
- Florida International University for MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science
Masters in Data Science and Analytics in Canada
According to a recent report from the Information and Communications Technology Council, Canada’s data analytics market is expected to generate roughly $1.8 billion annually.
Canada is known for one of the top countries for higher education, has now begun its bid to get into the data race.
Top five Universities for Masters in Data Science and Analytics are:
Courses Available: MS in Information Studies, Information Retrieval Data, Mining, Database Design and Management, an MS in Computer Science, Applied Machine Learning, Distributed Data Management, Machine Learning
Courses Available: Master of Data Science (MDS)
Courses Available: Professional Master’s Program in Big Data/ Computing Science MSc in Big Data.
Courses Available: Specialization in Data Science by participating Masters Programs.
Courses Available: MMath Computer Science – Data Science Specialization, MMath Statistics – Data Science Specialization.
Best Colleges for Masters in Data Science in Canada
Canada is the hub for Data education. Many colleges in Canada provide postgraduate courses in data sciences.
Top 10 best colleges for Masters in Data Science are given below:
- Langara College
- Bow Valley College
- Georgian College
- Lambton College
- St.Clair College
- Sheridan College
- Acadia University
- HEC Montreal
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- Rivier University
Masters Degree in Data Science in Canada
- Canadian Universities’ capacities students with real-world skills, experience, and industry connections to launch successful careers today are constantly changing the global economy.
- Canada is a very good destination to pursue Masters because of its reliable tuition fee cost.
- The cost of living is also lesser in Canada and there are various part-time jobs are available for the students who want to earn in their free time.
- Mining and forestry manager, Oil and gas drilling supervisor, Air traffic controller, Statistician and actuaries, Engineering manager, Public administration director are some of the popular master courses in demand in Canada.
Masters in Data Science Programs in Canada
Both students and professionals are considered data analytics and data science to pursue as a career and there is a wide scope in the profession.
Why masters programs in Canada:
- In Canada, there are 15 to 20 good and well-reputed universities which are offering masters in data science courses.
- In Canada, there are a huge number of vacancies for a data analyst and data scientist which is a good and potential scope for the students.
- For international students, Country is offering many benefits like:
- Residents are inexpensive and scope of jobs with studies.
- Affordable tuition fees and expenses.
- Offering immigration friendly system.
- Scope for the jobs for international students.
- Easy visa and work permit facilitation.
- Students who pass out from Canadian Universities can be recognizable anywhere in Europe, the USA, and the Middle East as well.
- Students also get the availability of Canada online masters of data science.
Some of the top Masters in Data Science Programs in Canada are listed below:
- Masters of data science
- Master of business analytics
- Master’s in big data
- Masters in data science and analytics
- Sc. in applied computing
- Masters of business analytics
- Masters of management analytics
- Data science/information studies
- MS information systems
- Computer science with database systems and data mining
- Information security and data management
- MS computer science with research in data science
1 Year MS in Data Science in Canada
Many Universities in Canada provide 1 year MS in Data Science for some courses like, In University of Ottawa programs like Master of Computer Science, Master of Engineering in Engineering Management, Master of Business Administration, Master of Engineering in Computer and Electrical Engineering, Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Master of Engineering in Civil in Engineering, etc. are available for the duration of 12 months.
There are many other universities in Canada that are offering Masters in Data Science Programmes for the duration of one year.
Some universities’ names are given below:
Masters in Data Science and Machine Learning in Canada
Machine learning is the study of models and algorithms by which computer systems perform a specific task without using explicit instructions, relying on patterns and inference instead.It is a subset of artificial intelligence. It is closely related to computational statistics, which focuses on making predictions using computers.
According to a report submitted by the World Economic Forum (WEF), Artificial Intelligence can create almost 58 million jobs in the next years.
Canadian Universities provide the best Data Science and Machine Learning Programmes with reasonable tuition fees.
Top 5 Universities which provide courses of Masters in Machine Learning:
- University of British Columbia
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Waterloo
- Western University, Ontario
- Carleton University, Ottawa
Ans. After MS in Data Science, you can expect projects simulated as per the actual workplace, making you a skilled data science professional at par with leading industry standards.
Ans. With an increase in demand for the data scientist, a master’s degree could make your chances even better. Apart from that, you’ll be in a better position to negotiate your benefits.
Ans. For admission to this Post Graduate Program in Data Science, you must have:
1. A bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
2. Basic understanding of programming concepts and mathematics
Ans. The average income for a data scientist was $123,000 in 2013. The average paycheck was nearly $150,000 in 2015, with data scientists in managerial roles making a staggering median salary of $250,000. On average, data science professionals nearly get $15,000 more than their analyst counterparts.
Ans. Study in the safest country whose degrees are recognized all over the world. It also has the plus point of being a country with the lowest crime rate so when you move to Canada, you know you are safe. So why not to choose MS in Data Science from Canada.
Ans. To get a good College to study in Canada the minimum English requirements are as follows
1. TOEFL (IBT) OVERALL SCORE REQUIREMENT – 100
2. IELTS OVERALL SCORE REQUIREMENT – 7.0
3. Professional experience is desired but it is not a mandatory requirement.
Ans. You can get jobs in the field of Business Analyst, Data Architect, Data Scientist, and Data Analyst, Quantitative Analyst, Market Research Analyst.
Ans. The average cost of studying MS in data science in Canada is about INR 9,18,622.
Ans. There are many specialization programs available to study in like Big data, Statistical Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Data Management and Analytics, etc.
Ans.Data science Professional has a huge demand in the leading sector like Information Technology, Banking, Manufacturing, Telecommunication, and Healthcare.
Ans.Top Companies that highers Data Scientists are TCS, Accenture, Cognizant, IBM, Wipro, Infosys, Capgemini, Genpact, HCL, Amazon Tech-Mahindra.
- Bfm Colleges In Alberta
- Mot Colleges In Alberta
- Mbe Colleges In Alberta
- Moptom Colleges In Alberta
- Bhmct Mba Colleges In Alberta
- Llm Mba Colleges In Alberta
- Mba Pgpm Colleges In Alberta
- Dm Colleges In Alberta
- Llm Ph.D. Colleges In Alberta
- Mpa Colleges In Alberta