The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is the most sought-after degree pursued by the young population all over the globe. This is so because MBA opens up the scope for an individual and prepares them for many types of careers. It is difficult to find school which offer MBA without work experience.
According to a survey by the Graduate Management Admissions Council, 64% of MBA graduates of the year 2018 used their MBA to change careers.
List of Colleges for MBA without work experience
There are certain management institutes abroad which provide admission for MBA without work experience too. Listing a few of the best top-notch institutes in this field (that do not require work experience) bringing your search to a halt.
Oops ! You forgot to select a pdf file.]
List of Colleges for MBA without work experience in USA
- Harvard Business School
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Wharton MBA (University of Pennsylvania)
- Sloan School Of Management (MIT)
- Stern School of Business (New York University – NYU)
- Chicago Booth School of Business (University of Chicago)
- Columbia Business School (Columbia University)
- Haas School of Business (University of California, Berkeley)
- Marshall School of Business (USC)
- Anderson School of Management (UCLA)
- Robert H Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
- UC Davis Graduate School of Management (University of California, Davis)
- Carey Business School, John Hopkins (University in Baltimore, Maryland)
- McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University
- Olin Graduate School of Business, Babson College
- Boston University School of Management
- Carroll School of Management – Boston College
- Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics, University of Delaware
- College of Business, San Francisco State University
- Drucker School of Management, Claremont Graduate University
- Erivan K. Haub School of Business – Saint Joseph’s University
- Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Frank G. Zarb School of Business, Hofstra University.
- La Salle University School of Business
- LeBow College of Business, Drexel University
- Lucas Graduate School of Business, San Jose State University
- Merrick School of Business, University of Baltimore
- Northern Illinois University
- Peter J. Tobin College of Business, St. John’s University
- Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University Chicago
- Rohrer College of Business, Rowan University
- Stillman School of Business, Seton Hall University
List of Colleges for MBA without work experience in UK
- Anglia Ruskin University
- University of Bedfordshire
- Coventry University
- University of East London
- Glyndwr University
- LCA Business School
- Leeds Beckett University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- London School of Commerce
- University of Northampton
- Staffordshire University
- University of Sunderland
- West London College
- University of Swansea
- University of West London
List of Colleges for MBA without work experience in Australia
- Australian National University-College of Business and Economics
- Graduate School of Business and Law, RMIT
- Melbourne Business School(MBS)-University of Melbourne
- Monash University-Graduate School of Business(only some courses are available under it)
- Sydney Business School (SBS) – University of Wollongong
- La Trobe University-La Trobe Business School
- MGSM Macquarie Graduate School of Management
List of Colleges for MBA without work experience in Canada
- New York Institute Of Technology (NYIT), Vancouver, BC(Canada)
- Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, British Columbia
- Brock University
- Cape Breton University, Nova Scotia
- The University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario
- Vancouver Island University (SPP), Nanaimo, British Columbia
Therefore, these are some of the famous management schools that do not require prior experience that means MBA without work experience. However, there are also colleges which have certain courses of management that do not demand work experience. The student is expected to check from the official website of the colleges to be clear of all doubts.
What is the Admissions Criteria for MBA Abroad?
In the current year, as usual, MBA Schools have the following eligibility criteria-
MBA from a reputed institute abroad, unlike Indian Institute of Management (IIM), often requires work experience. There are students who wish to pursue management soon after they are out of graduation, thereby, making it difficult for them to get into these colleges.
The first two are still easy to get past and won’t be a big challenge to conquer but getting work experience might be difficult to get if one is not involved in Pre-experience MBA. According to various reviews, there are institutes which consider MBA without work experience utmost priority, but have a disclaimer which indicates that experience might not be important but having one might yield an upper hand, and many leave it to the interpretation of the student itself.
What are the advantages of Studying MBA without work experience?
Studying in a business school can be a promising step, only when one is clear that this is the only path ahead. Now, looking forth at the advantages of studying MBA abroad right after one is out of graduation helps you lead in some places. Listing down a few are-
- Increases the job opportunities and yields high materialistic benefits
- Helps to build a strong network
- Saves time and puts career on a right direction
- Grows experience and cultural understanding of diversity
- An early start helps to develop skills
What are the disadvantages of studying MBA without work experience?
Like there are two sides to every story, studying MBA from abroad without work experience also has some disadvantages-
- Practical Knowledge helps connect with the courses. Shortage of one might make the student lack understanding of some content
- Students with work experience might land up with better jobs, than those without having one.
- Due to this, the Summer Internship Placements are affected
- There is high competition. Thus, one has to be exceptionally good.
MBA without work experience is a good direction to head to. Students having good grades supplemented by strong internships can have a promising future while pursuing MBA. But be aware of the cutthroat competition, and highlight the value points in your application to pave your way towards the top MBA colleges abroad.